Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Chong

About Feng Shui

which book do you recommend for beginner to read and to your opinion is correct to the art of feng shui ? :)

best if the book is simple enough to understand :P

some books say must put this at that position, while another say completely the opposite. :rolleyes:

not trying to be master after reading a few books, but just want to avoid making stupid mistakes.

btw, many people say staying on 11th floor is bad.

is it true ? how to solve other than moving ? :P

Edited by lch

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
which book do you recommend for beginner to read and to your opinion is correct to the art of feng shui ? :)

best if the book is simple enough to understand :(

some books say must put this at that position, while another say completely the opposite. :notti:

not trying to be master after reading a few books, but just want to avoid making stupid mistakes.

btw, many people say staying on 11th floor is bad.

is it true ? how to solve other than moving ? 8|

For a beginner, you can grab any book on the shelf to read. As a beginner, you need to understand the basic principles.

In feng shui, there are many schools and methods. Any effective method is the correct art of Feng Shui.

The proper basic way is to start off understanding the Bagua first. If you have a good understanding on that, you'll make less mistakes.

Actually placements of things are just a small part of Qi, Xiang and Shu.

Haha....I know of people staying on the 8th floor have worse luck. Other countries' people say 13 bad luck, some don't even have that floor or number. Those staying on the 4th or having trple 6s are still doing well.

If staying on the 11th is bad, there may be some other reason or problem to it.

Continued from Feng Shui Article

Since Feng Shui emphasizes on balance, cycles and etc, then materials read should not be so limited to say one school or method. On the other hand, when a person knows many methods doesn't mean he understands all. "ALL" derives from the truths and the truths can be traced back to principles and sources.

There are many classic scripts from different dynasty. As for some formula schools, some are passed separated from verbal formulas. Some ancient important scripts were written with the secret within the poem.

One of the book favorably encourage to read is the Book of Changes. Although there are different thoughts/opinions and 'schools' on YiJing alone, it is still a healthy book to read. On the surface, it deals with the chinese concept of the beginning, the link of changes and the everlasting applications in todays' society.

Frankly, you should not obtain only an English translated YiJing Book. It is preferred that you read and understand from a chinese Yijing book right from the beginning or subsequently. The fact is that the essence of the chinese understanding cannot be realised by an English translation. I applaud the efforts of such authors and it also serves as a sweetener or appetizer because reading a chinese YiJing right from the startr put many people off. However, once read, the understanding should not be based on the English version.

All English books on the shelf are just stepping stones for beginners to search deeper. When the methods in the English books don't work immediately or no results, it is not the problem of FS. It is because the secret of how it works was not written.

Edited by Mr Chong

In the Flying Star section, I mentioned about Yin and Yang. Over here on YiJing, I'm also talking about Yin and Yang. Therefore, one should find that Yin and Yang is an indispensible principle. Some quick fixer usually want a sure-fired method to proper. Again sometimes it work and some time it doesn't. This has something to do with Yin and Yang too.

Yang is not Yang at the extreme and Yin is not Yin when also at the extreme. However, Yang stretch further to change but Yin retreat instead. Changing can be better or for worse and that will depend on the feel and knowledge/ experience of the practitioner.

The same applies to Ling Shen Zheng Shen. Being too fixing on the two and disregard other factors usually distort the truth or results.

Then again why can't depend on English translated books especially YiJing. Very simple answer: Because of the meaning within the language and the mindset during that dynasty.

ZhouYi was based on 乾为首。But there was also written during about that era 坤为首。Therefore what we learn is not just change but the ancient 'chinese' thought of change.

Many books whether in English or Chinese also got debates or confused or ignore to comment on 大衍之数五十。Some said certain words need to be removed in order to compliment the previos pargragh, others comments on mistakes.

And there were different schools too that gave explanation in different ways around it.

Another example, say a 乾卦。Some use descriptions like sky, horse, strong, round and etc. Others say its heavy metal, father figure and also etc. Nothing wrong with that but what do they understand? Some authors commented that it can be represented by the 4 season. That's good too.

If you were to ask me, then I'll explain:

Qian is a law of unstoppable force. On Earth, it can be represented by the "beginning", " prosper/ growth", " gains/ reap" and " conserve". Of course there may be better words to represent but the essence as such. Using these words instead of the 4 seasons allow a metaphysist to apply the concept of Qian universally rather than tied down by a weather description.

So have patience and becareful what and how you read.

In the Flying Star section, I mentioned about Yin and Yang. Over here on YiJing, I'm also talking about Yin and Yang. Therefore, one should find that Yin and Yang is an indispensible principle. Some quick fixer usually want a sure-fired method to proper. Again sometimes it work and some time it doesn't. This has something to do with Yin and Yang too.

Yang is not Yang at the extreme and Yin is not Yin when also at the extreme. However, Yang stretch further to change but Yin retreat instead. Changing can be better or for worse and that will depend on the feel and knowledge/ experience of the practitioner.

The same applies to Ling Shen Zheng Shen. Being too fixing on the two and disregard other factors usually distort the truth or results.

Then again why can't depend on English translated books especially YiJing. Very simple answer: Because of the meaning within the language and the mindset during that dynasty.

ZhouYi was based on 乾为首。But there was also written during about that era 坤为首。Therefore what we learn is not just change but the ancient 'chinese' thought of change.

Many books whether in English or Chinese also got debates or confused or ignore to comment on 大衍之数五十。Some said certain words need to be removed in order to compliment the previos pargragh, others comments on mistakes.

And there were different schools too that gave explanation in different ways around it.

Another example, say a 乾卦。Some use descriptions like sky, horse, strong, round and etc. Others say its heavy metal, father figure and also etc. Nothing wrong with that but what do they understand? Some authors commented that it can be represented by the 4 season. That's good too.

If you were to ask me, then I'll explain:

Qian is a law of unstoppable force. On Earth, it can be represented by the "beginning", " prosper/ growth", " gains/ reap" and " conserve". Of course there may be better words to represent but the essence as such. Using these words instead of the 4 seasons allow a metaphysist to apply the concept of Qian universally rather than tied down by a weather description.

So have patience and becareful what and how you read.

Edited by Mr Chong

Hello

Can you put up this question or post in the section below? This section is more for pinned notes. I'll be deleting this soon. Thanks

Edited by Mr Chong

For a beginner, you can grab any book on the shelf to read. As a beginner, you need to understand the basic principles.

In feng shui, there are many schools and methods. Any effective method is the correct art of Feng Shui.

The proper basic way is to start off understanding the Bagua first. If you have a good understanding on that, you'll make less mistakes.

Actually placements of things are just a small part of Qi, Xiang and Shu.

Haha....I know of people staying on the 8th floor have worse luck. Other countries' people say 13 bad luck, some don't even have that floor or number. Those staying on the 4th or having trple 6s are still doing well.

If staying on the 11th is bad, there may be some other reason or problem to it.

Dear Mr. Chong

It is true that for a beginner any book can be helpful

I want to know Mr. Chong that is there any relationship between Feng Shui & Vaastu?

If yes.......then what is the origin place of both.

Thanks in advance

Regards RG