Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tangie

Tangie's - 3 Room Reno Journey

Wardrobe

Laminate (selected with help from Mr K, all the different designs look same to me...)

20131104_134643.jpg

Interior

View of wardrobe from the entrance

20131117_132538.jpg

View of wardrobe from the bathroom

20131116_111709.jpg

Our wardrobe is not a walk in concept... Fear that the interior and clothes will be attacked by the moist...

Back of the wardrobe..

I thought this color was the raw wood, not realising that it is actually the laminate of my choice! (idk how the carpenter do it, but there wasn't any writing on the laminate when it was done..) It looks kinda different from the sample. Honestly, I didn't like it at first.. it gives me the "incomplete" look but now, the more I look at it, the more I love it!

20131116_111608.jpg

Area behind the wardrobe...

20131117_132349.jpg

behind the wardrobe - another angle...

20131117_132412.jpg

Edited by tangie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wardrobe

Laminate (selected with help from Mr K, all the different designs look same to me...)

20131104_134643.jpg

Back of the wardrobe..

I thought this color was the raw wood, not realising that it is actually the laminate of my choice! (idk how the carpenter do it, but there wasn't any writing on the laminate when it was done..) It looks kinda different from the sample. Honestly, I didn't like it at first.. it gives me the "incomplete" look but now, the more I look at it, the more I love it!

20131116_111608.jpg

Tangie,

Nice laminate you have, but depends whether individual loves it. :good:

Mr K suggested laminates from Lamitak when i asked him if it was Formica. Is yours from Lamitak? Looks like one of the laminate we have shortlisted from Lamitak under the woodgrain series.

The white one is for kitchen cabinets?

Edited by plainsharon

Wardrobe (continued...)

Went up to our place on Thursday (21 Nov)...

The shelving, mirror and doors are up! Happy!!! Love opening the doors to see my chio interior PVC. I hope the mirror was a bit wider... but did not communicate this to Mr K prior to this.. anyway, I am pleased with the result, able to see full body..

IMG-20131121-WA0003.jpg

The door at the corner was stuck.. unable to open.. Mr K advised that we get a slimmer light, about 2 inches or less...

Hubby went to get one for me the next day, for the electrician to change it.

The anyhow get lighting was not something which I would like but really bo bian, I got no time to get it, can only go with whatever hus buy.. (he claimed that there is only one design... -_-")

before changing the light...

IMG-20131121-WA0004.jpg

View from the entrance again! This time round with bedroom door!

IMG-20131123-WA0005.jpg

Edited by tangie

Tangie,

Nice laminate you have, but depends whether individual loves it. :good:

Mr K suggested laminates from Lamitak when i asked him if it was Formica. Is yours from Lamitak? Looks like one of the laminate we have shortlisted from Lamitak under the woodgrain series.

The white one is for kitchen cabinets?

Hi plainsharon

I have no idea what laminates is mine under... maybe you can check with him if it is the same. If so, I can share more pic with you or you can drop by to see. Because sample and the real big piece will give you a different feel.

I would say, go with his suggestion if you are ok with woodgrain... Because, now the more I look at the laminate, the more I love it.. Hahahaha.

The white laminate is for my wardrobe door.

For Kitchen, it was another set of laminates (choosen by Hus)... It's from the laminate book, glossy with woodgrain design... think I have posted picture before.. will do another post on the Kitchen cabinet once the glass backing is up.

I don't think the overall look of my house will have Mr K's feel. He has been doing lots of brick wall and scandinavian theme house, mine is neither...

Wardrobe

20131116_111608.jpg

Area behind the wardrobe...

20131117_132349.jpg

behind the wardrobe - another angle...

20131117_132412.jpg

Though our renovation is coming to an end soon, I am still thinking of having a platform at the back of the wardrobe for mattresses..

Love the feeling of stepping on wood than the cold tiles...

The Mister said it's a waste of $$$... We are within our 30K all-in-budget and hope to keep in within...

Glass backing are up and floor are washed (2md time). Very clean! :good:

Mr K had made these arrangement before leaving for his holiday.

Despite having many projects going on, he tried his best to have the more impt arranged... and passed us contacts of the workers in case we needed to get them to have some work done.

We are now left with some touch ups and a shoe rack (will be ready in mid Dec) from Mr K.

No regret engaging him. I would like to have him for our next renovation still, but hopefully that will be a non-peak period.....

Hi Thanks to pm me your cost too for 3rm too.

Like you, my family of 4 will be moving into a 3rm next year. Tho small but gonna make it cozy.....=)

Hi gummiiee

You're welcome.

Will continue to update this space after everything is in place and after we moved in. Hopefully it will give you some ideas on how you want to maximise your cozy house.

To be honest, after the wardrobe are done, I am having new ideas on how else we can improve on the design but... hahaha.. gotta wait some years before the ideas can be put to use.

Hi, yet to rec any pm from you. Could you kindly pm me the quote for your 3rm reno? Just wanna get a rough guide. Thanks.

Looking forward to see more of your new ideas :)

Curtains

Both our curtains and furniture came on 3 Dec.

Didnt have a very good experience with our curtain maker. Installation should be at 10 am but they only came at 8 pm!!!

Installation was very fast, no idea why they took such a long time to come.

Anyway, we are quite pleased with the final product.

Were quoted $650 for all 3 night curtains, but gotten a little discount because they were sooooo late... so in all we paid slightly lesser than $650.

Blue for living room - Night Curtain

20131203_222529.jpg

Pink for kids room - Night Curtain

20131203_203519.jpg

Grey for MBR - Night Curtain

20131203_203527.jpg

Furniture

We bought TV console, Sofa and Dining Table off shelves. Likewise, didn't have a very good experience with the furniture shop too.

Placed order in early November with delivery date as 3 Dec. They called me on 30 Nov at 12 noon and informed me that the sofa fabric is out of stock! Worst, insisted that I go to the shop to choose the fabric again by 3 pm so that the factory will have sufficient time to complete the job and deliver on 3 Dec.

Mr went to the shop eventually but at around 5 pm.

Well, at least they delivered as promised. But, the TV console was wrong. We ordered a full black console yet they delivered a mixed. According to the lady, it was a mistake. They only sell either all black or all white. We are trying to argue to keep it as it is because the Mr said it is quite nice.... (still in the processing of it).

PhotoGrid_1386114903338.jpg

Now headache about the exposed wiring and cable.. Thinking of ways to prevent my very young kids from pulling them apart and at the same time, keep the hideous cables neatly.

Edited by tangie

Wardrobe (end)

Finally some pic of my wardrobe with doors that opens up to almost 180 degree.

Very useful for L-shaped wardrobe. Totally loving that big space in there!!!

Don't really like the design of the light... but, it has to be less than 2 inch otherwise, we won't be able to open the 180 degree doors.

PhotoGrid_1386115143321.jpg

Edited by tangie

Hi, yet to rec any pm from you. Could you kindly pm me the quote for your 3rm reno? Just wanna get a rough guide. Thanks.

Looking forward to see more of your new ideas :)

Hi gummiiee

We spent 20k ++ for the renovation, less than $25K.