Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KeithTZH

Looking Out For Bed Frame

hi all,

im currently window shopping for a queen size bed and would like to hear out some recommendations from the locals here.

im getting a tempur mattress but just waiting for the right time to get it, so just gotta wait for the right timing.

as for the frame, im looking for a storage type of frame which is the lift up type, not the drawer type.

anyone can recommend places selling affordable frames?

i been to defu furniture before and found 1 on promo for close to 500, while there as others which can go up to 1k.

their designs are okay IMO and im not too particular about the design more particular on the ease of maintenance (lesser contours, easier to wipe off dust).

but of cos if there is something nicer i wont mind paying more.

cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I searched for mine for more than 4 months and finally settle on MaxCoil storage bed frame. We bought it at the Bukit Merah branch during sales. The sales lady even gives us lots of freebies. We bought 2 bed frames and 2 mattresses and she gave us 3 pillows and 3 bolsters and 2 mattress protectors.

Blk 161, Bukit Merah Central, #01-3709, Singapore 150161

Tel : (65) 6276 4642 Fax : (65) 6276 4643

hi all,

im currently window shopping for a queen size bed and would like to hear out some recommendations from the locals here.

im getting a tempur mattress but just waiting for the right time to get it, so just gotta wait for the right timing.

as for the frame, im looking for a storage type of frame which is the lift up type, not the drawer type.

anyone can recommend places selling affordable frames?

i been to defu furniture before and found 1 on promo for close to 500, while there as others which can go up to 1k.

their designs are okay IMO and im not too particular about the design more particular on the ease of maintenance (lesser contours, easier to wipe off dust).

but of cos if there is something nicer i wont mind paying more.

cheers!

Do reconsider the choice of lift up storage type because the mattress itself is typically about 50kg. Just the thought of lifting the mattress will put you off accessing the storage area.

Maybe drawers are better then but space more limited. I am using a wooden storage one and tempur needs no flipping. No bed hardwork for me then.

I got my lift-up Q-sized storage bed from Englander at Furniture Mall (they have other branches). The storage units inside are sealed - meaning the compartments are 'one piece' with no gaps at the corners. It's supposed to help prevent entry of dust and insects. It was the selling point for me really. But it costs slightly above $1k though.

The person who attended to me and explained about the bed was Sandy

Umm maybe i just explained it wrong. The inside frame and floor is made into one piece in the factory and not joined by visible hinges (i don't know if there are hidden hinges cos i forgot this part) so no small gaps.

Here's a picture of a corner

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_56126_119_48397.jpg

The other storage bedframes i saw at Furniture Mall all had exposed hinges/L-shaped things connecting the planks of wood so can still have microgaps i guess

Not sure if i'm making sense :lol:

anyways i don't know if it'll last longer. I only bought it cos i tot the explanation given made more sense than the others. It could all just be marketing talk... Only time will tell. Will see if can post more photos later on. If you're buying and not in a rush then it's worth just checking it out before deciding.