Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello! I'm getting HomeVista as my ID for my new house!

You engaged them?

They are pretty new Company, though the IDs are experienced. So far, my 2 meetings with the IDs are pretty good.

Hello yingz_08,

May I know the type of home you are renovating?

Having to meet them twice, I presume you have got an idea of how you wanna renovate your house.

Care to share the services (ie, plumbering, paint and etc...) you are employing from them in renovating your house and the quotes?

Appreciate your sharing.

Thank you.

Hello b3ast,

My new house to be is a HDB 4room flat. I have tight budget so I only will be getting the needs. I do have some idea how I want but nothing is firm yet. It will be more firm after I got the house and see fengshui.

I do not have the listing right now, but as far as I can remember is all in.

How about u? U are in the midst of getting one or?

Thanks.

Hello,

Waiting for my fengshui master to feedback the planning.

I am having a tight budget too.

How did you get to hear about Home Vista?

Have you done home work on them?

Good?

I have chosen Home Vista for my renovation. Mine is a 4rm resale in Yishun. My ex colleague recommended me to them. After seeing over 6 IDs, I have decided to choose them as they are very detailed when explaining their quotation. Even though the cost is slightly higher than the rest, the quality they have promised seems to be better. Of course, that I will only know when my reno is finished.

i engaged home vista for painting and changing of window panels. B4 siging the deal the service was not too bad. During the deal, they were a bit slow in following up. And lastly after sales service was very poor. SMS them several times but no reply. CAlled office also nobody answer. Painting wasnt well done for certain areas. Had to keep contacting them to get the painting people to rectify the problem a few times. Window panels had problem they agree to get someone to come and check it out but till now did not reply my sms since 3 March ! This is frustrating !

I had kept silent during the entire renovation process out of a mix foolish optimism that things will be better and out of fear that my renovation will held be made a mess if I post how lousy they are. The ID in charge, Adrian, resigned 2 days after my renovation was done. Now that the renovation is completed, my verdict: please avoid at all costs. Let me list out all the issues that had occured

1. We had chosen hob and gas cooker from same brand. And I do not understand why the hob has to conform to kitchen cabinet he has designed and not the other way round. End up he told my mum hob was bigger and jut out and wanted it to be changed to another. I was not consulted on the change on the hob to another brand. End up the brand of hob is different from cooker and I had to pay extra.

2. The tiles of the floor and the wall in the kitchen toilet I had already chosen separate tiles for them, end up the contractor used the floor to lay the floor as well. Adrian denied it was the same and only admitted it was wrong when I showed him the photos. Apparently he was not even at my house and still tried to deny. Later still had the cheek to ask me if I can accept it. Only changed after I insisted on the tiles I had chosen.

3. The taps I had chosen for the toilet were replaced with a similar design from another brand without my knowledge. Only changed back when I found out and insisted on the brand I had chosen.

4. Kitchen tap was also replaced with a similar design from another inferior brand without my knowledge. He said the original one I chosen could not fit on the kitchen basin as the hole drilled on the granite for the tap was too near to the wall. I will have accepted its my fault if I had bought the tap on my own. But I had bought the tap with the ID before the renovation started. Therefore renovation work on sink should be made to accommodate the tap i chosen and not the other way round.

5. Was not upfront on some of the additional costs occurred during renovation. Tell us that he will do 2 way switch, in the quotation just put switches, but finish will tell us 2 way switches had done for multiple lights and are extras. So some of the free gifts promised to us end up we will have to pay back through such tactics.

6. I had wanted to switch the surface on my kitchen to granite from solid surface as I had mentioned to ID that surface must withstand shock from chopping hard items like crabs and bones. End up the granite surface only covered the kitchen cabinet areas but not to sink area. To cover himself he showed me the quotaion that I signed and agreed was only how XX ft so it did not cover sink area. So the lesson learnt was to know the exact length of kitchen surface and say it exactly. Or else ID will assume you chop bones in kitchen cabinet.

7. My door entrance was raised as I had wanted the balcony floor to be on same level as living room. The quotation I signed included a Fireproof front door. Because of the raised surface, the ID told me that the door become smaller and had to be customised and become more expensive. For this case, he tell me the description on quotation was "not applicable" because the front door in the quotation is supposed to be "standard size". So ironic in pt 6 he used exact length in quotation to defend himself but when length of door is not mentioned in quotation also can be for "Standard size"

8. After flooring was done, I had knocked on each floor tile to make sure they were not hollow. My criteria was that even if the sides were hollow were still ok. But if at least more than half has hollow sound I will consider it as hollow. I had identified 10 of them but only 4 was replaced.

9. After the ID resigned, the boss Alvin Yeo took over. I had requested for receipt for all the instalments I paid. Already chase for 1 month also cannot get receipt.

Edited by Bahamut

On 11th June, I had met the 2 bosses of Home Vista, Alvin and Martin. Understand that the ID Adrian had some personal problems and thus had caused the above problems that I had mentioned. We have resolved all our differences amicably.

I can see their sincerity and will believe they will be just as sincere for all other customers. I did not and will not delete all the mentioned problems I had faced so that all readers of this thread can also use it as a guide to be more careful and meticulous when dealing with their IDs.

On 11th June, I had met the 2 bosses of Home Vista, Alvin and Martin. Understand that the ID Adrian had some personal problems and thus had caused the above problems that I had mentioned. We have resolved all our differences amicably.

I can see their sincerity and will believe they will be just as sincere for all other customers. I did not and will not delete all the mentioned problems I had faced so that all readers of this thread can also use it as a guide to be more careful and meticulous when dealing with their IDs.

Good job Bahamut! This might be an off case, but it should serve as a reminder to all not to take things for granted. However in your case, its obvious that Adrian was to be blamed. Anyway, glad that everything worked out fine, and hope its smooth sailing from here on out.

Cheers,

Sheridan