Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Thanks for the update on doorbell.

My Man in the house is v practical - doorbell must be audible. I go for the looks :P

Can show me the link for tablecloth fabrics

Looking for upholstery fabrics

Am still quite clueless w searching on TB

same same! i go for looks too haha.. and it helps that the doorbell is not expensive too

as for the tablecloth link, here it is:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=25877224899

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

if anyone is looking to buy some used carton boxes , please pm me.. i have around 21 pieces to let go

11449774713_3a73ba9052.jpg

the carton boxes are sold! i should have around 5 -7 pieces available if anyone still keen.

Edited by sleepybeauty

I've learnt my lessons with parties - try not to be too ambitious and plan the menu carefully. I try not to have too many stove cook meals and rely a lot on the oven. With parties more than 15 pax - out comes the disposables.

Good that you've had the tablecloth covering the marble island, wine stains are hard / near impossible to get rid. There's a marble spray that you can get from Home FIX, I used it daily on my dinning table after every meal. It helps protects the marble.

sigh... talking about disposables.. i bought the silver disposable cutlery (cos it looks very nice and looks real) and in the end, somebody accidentally threw away my real fork! did a check with WMF and they don't sell loose forks... sigh...

Edited by sleepybeauty

It's heart breaking to know that someone did that... must be too much wine during the party.

I can understand how you feel. I had similar incidents too - I had tablespoon/ teaspoon/ forks / vegetable peeler that went missing ... I keep separate sets of cutleries - the daily used set and that for entertainment. If your current set is still available, would suggest that you get an extra set if you are particular about matching your cutleries... I regretted not getting more of the same set ..

Worse - my MIL used by WMF larding knife to open tin can and the Chef knife to "chop" coconut. I was fuming mad when I saw the condition of my knives ... can't scold MIL so continued using the ugly knives for 5 yrs .. bought a new set to replace the current one. Will use the new set at the new place since she is no longer staying with us.. Have "trained" my current helper to use the appropriate knives..

It's heart breaking to know that someone did that... must be too much wine during the party.

I can understand how you feel. I had similar incidents too - I had tablespoon/ teaspoon/ forks / vegetable peeler that went missing ... I keep separate sets of cutleries - the daily used set and that for entertainment. If your current set is still available, would suggest that you get an extra set if you are particular about matching your cutleries... I regretted not getting more of the same set ..

Worse - my MIL used by WMF larding knife to open tin can and the Chef knife to "chop" coconut. I was fuming mad when I saw the condition of my knives ... can't scold MIL so continued using the ugly knives for 5 yrs .. bought a new set to replace the current one. Will use the new set at the new place since she is no longer staying with us.. Have "trained" my current helper to use the appropriate knives..

ya boy… i feel heart pain for u too… i haven't thought of a solution yet but i guess i would need to either buy another loose fork from other brands to replace it or try to buy a new set or something… sigh..

u are right, cannot scold ur MIL hahaha.. if not ur days ahead will be tough.. anyway i went to pick up some disposable cutlery for my upcoming house gathering again.. this time round, i chose the white ones instead of the pretty silver looking ones.. scared liao!

Edited by sleepybeauty

oh just sharing with you guys what we had for the xmas party:

cupcakes made by my cousin.. pretty!

11562118364_4e0406ab54.jpg

the shepherd's pie that i made.. ahahha

11562232876_2b8933328a.jpg

truffled angel hair pasta with portobello mushrooms

11562228466_ecf66af195.jpg

the very delicious satay from old airport road.. i didn't cook these!

11562121774_6948f0bef5.jpg

pretty good chicken wings as well.. from old airport road

11562231056_d9504b2930.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

We received our first pressie from our friends who came over for xmas gathering.. grateful grateful! Our friends bought us a Philips air fryer + some capitaland vouchers (on our request) so that we could do our own shopping for household stuff when we have time!

11616124295_a6e91ffa89.jpg

Does anyone have any tips on the air fryer? Can't wait to try out some luncheon meat on it hehehe

Edited by sleepybeauty

Luncheon meat with the airfryer is a perfect match! Cut it thinly and air-fried longer and you will get luncheon meat fries - yummy!

hi,

from the photos , i find the quality of your kitchen cabinets to be rather good. Also the walk in wardrobe looks very nice . Could i know the ID who did it , and how much did you pay for them ..

also, could i know where did u buy the carpet grass for the patio ?.. thank you

Edited by WCCommander

Luncheon meat with the airfryer is a perfect match! Cut it thinly and air-fried longer and you will get luncheon meat fries - yummy!

hehe thanks for the advice... can't wait to try them out although the waistline has been expanding from all the festive feasting!

hi,

from the photos , i find the quality of your kitchen cabinets to be rather good. Also the walk in wardrobe looks very nice . Could i know the ID who did it , and how much did you pay for them ..

also, could i know where did u buy the carpet grass for the patio ?.. thank you

hello, thanks ... i do find that the quality of the kitchen cabinets to be rather good but prices are somehow premium i guess.... anyway i will pm you more info

this is what happens when i have too much free time ....

11660230413_4855d48d79.jpg

Spotted a groupon deal today offering the electric kettle in black (top right) at $59.90 ! Me & bf actually like the one in grey but saw on amazon sellg at 120+ usd ... we didn't buy obviously... thus succumb to the groupon deal for the black one... looks pretty good as well IMO.

Edited by sleepybeauty

if anyone is looking to buy some used carton boxes , please pm me.. i have around 21 pieces to let go

11449774713_3a73ba9052.jpg

Hi there,

May I know where did you purchase this carton boxes?

I need quuite a number to pack my comics and books!

Thanks