Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tyang1

Kenna Cheated

I paid 10k to a contractor and he didnt start work! I kept pushing him to start work and he finally started on the cornices but half done.It's been 2 months , and now he is uncontactable on the phone + when he replies in email , he said he needed more money so that he can start work.

Can anyone advice me , what will you do in my situation ? He is not going to start work.. He wants to get more money out of me .. And if there is any ways I can refund and get my money back ?

Very lost!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had an ID just like that. Refused to pick up calls .. Kept telling me electricians coming today, glass coming this day, carpentry coming another day... All lies... They never came.. It was a painful 4 months. The frustration , the agony.. Some more ruin my bedroom flooring shd got to replace all.. Delay n delay till I got to extend my lease... We just moved in only and still in midst of Reno. Have passed on remaining work to another contractor.. Very responsible guy. I suggest you cut loss and move on to get someone else to do the job. Then go case n small claims tribunal to lodge report with your contract ,email, SMS evidence etc. good luck.

I can totally understand... I was being too kind and harbour thoughts that maybe he will still do the job.. But I think once their attitude sucks... They are unlikely to change and you just have to live with it till completion ( maybe months later) or simply just disappear.. Such cases whereby they keep asking for money but never do or start work , most likely they use your money to fund older projects. I look back and kick myself for being so silly. Should have just quit him earlier and move on.

I paid 10k to a contractor and he didnt start work! I kept pushing him to start work and he finally started on the cornices but half done.It's been 2 months , and now he is uncontactable on the phone + when he replies in email , he said he needed more money so that he can start work.

Can anyone advice me , what will you do in my situation ? He is not going to start work.. He wants to get more money out of me .. And if there is any ways I can refund and get my money back ?

Very lost!

It's unlikely that you will get any money back and as Mushroom said, better to move on and find someone else to finish your renovation.

You can lodge a report to the police and Case, but they have limited empowerment on such matter.

Edited by symphony

My ID refused to communicate over whatsapp. When I call him no answer and basically to get him through his call back, so I am like at his mercies.

Is that normal practice?

When I suggested to discuss with him on the reno site, he insisted that he not free and wants me to meet him at his office only.

Since I am not familiar about the reno works, I actually prefer that he updates me on progress and explain some of the details.

When I ask questions, he says that I don't trust him.

Before sign quotation I requested that some detail dimensions be included but they insisted that they are professional and will give me the best, so no need to worry.

Now when I suggest some things (like concealing some wiring or lay them in the most concealed way, he wants to charge additional)

I am now regretting engaging him. But stuck because reno already started.

Any advise?

Very lost!

Can you tell me the ID?