Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Where To Place Fortune Cat 招き猫 (Maneki-Neko)

Hi folks,

Lately, I went on a fortune cat spree as they are too cute to resist not bringing them home.

It also took me quite a while to figure out where to place these fortune cats as I was told by the sellers that I should be placing them at wealth positions in our home. Afterall, they are wealth-related products & auspicious in supposedly promoting wealth.

However, our wealth spot is such that it is impossible for us to place any figurines as they would have served as an obstruction to anybody walking within that vicinity. Hence, placing it at our wealth position is out of the question.

Initially, I place it on shelving directly behind my headboard. However, something just didn't "click" when these darlings were put up at that location.

The thought of 2 huge cats seated at the headboard made me feel uncomfortable. My idea is such that the bedroom is an abode of tranquillity & serenity. The fact that we had to still think about wealth while sleeping seems forboding. It's as if we still need to worry about money ($) when we sleep. And there's also an ancient saying in Chinese "梦中得宝" i.e. getting rich in one's dreams, which meant that one gets rich in his dreams & wakes up becoming the opposite. That seems such a bad omen!

As such, I have decided to place them right on top of my shoe console since the shoes are hidden with doors inside the cabinet.

And I am proud to present a candid photo of this couple (Peony & Koban) in my home ... aren't they cute looking? Kawaii!

(Please note that I am not trading/ selling fortune cats.)

10035111825_1ac14d895c_z.jpg

If you would like to read more about them, please feel free to visit the link below in my blog:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/10035111825_1ac14d895c_z.jpg

Please feel free to debate on appropriate places to display such fortune cats. I know for sure displaying fortune cats are extremely popular with shop owners & restaurants as they are harbingers of good luck & an abundance of wealth.

Edited by edenstrauss

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I acquired another beautiful she-cat & named her Sakura. Isn't she cutez looking too? :notti:

But I am saving her for our new home in the near future as it's really dusty at our current place.

(Please take note that I am not trading/ selling in fortune cats.)

10000554316_08d3dc88c4_z.jpg

If you are interested in reading more about her, please visit the following link in my blog:

http://barbettey.blogspot.sg/2013/09/maneki-neko-part-ii-sakura-twos-company.html