Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cynthiazen

A Frest Affair

Painting! Pretty headache when choosing colors.. We knew what we wanted, but grey? So many kinds! We started with the cornices first which was pretty easy :good:, then the walls.

Our fave corner and effect (Pardon the mess and painter's tape)! Walkway:

DSC03998.JPG

1 side of MBR:

DSC04000.JPG

Living room:

DSC04004.JPG

2013-12-01-16-40-05_deco.jpg

WIW wall color was not decided yet, as i wanted pink initially then i wanted nude then i wanted turquoise after that (too many choices), well, i guess woman are all like that. :bleah:

For bedroom 2, will be using as entertainment room in future (I wanna get XBox! LOL) but for now, it will be hubby's work room. No pics (selfish me, not taking pictures), but 1 side of the wall is that dark grey as well.

The kitchen untouched as i think is more airy and spacious that way. :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Painting! Pretty headache when choosing colors.. We knew what we wanted, but grey? So many kinds! We started with the cornices first which was pretty easy :good:, then the walls.

Our fave corner and effect (Pardon the mess and painter's tape)! Walkway:

DSC03998.JPG

1 side of MBR:

DSC04000.JPG

Living room:

DSC04004.JPG

2013-12-01-16-40-05_deco.jpg

WIW wall color was not decided yet, as i wanted pink initially then i wanted nude then i wanted turquoise after that (too many choices), well, i guess woman are all like that. :bleah:

For bedroom 2, will be using as entertainment room in future (I wanna get XBox! LOL) but for now, it will be hubby's work room. No pics (selfish me, not taking pictures), but 1 side of the wall is that dark grey as well.

The kitchen untouched as i think is more airy and spacious that way. :thumbs up:

love your walkway!

This is pretty, especially the cornice. :) Can PM me your quote as well?

Well, being the budgety kind, we are also painting it ourselves!! So you will paint after reno going to end,right? Cus I've heard alot of remarks about painting and felt **** demoralised when people dissuade me to paint myself.

Thanks!!

This is pretty, especially the cornice. :) Can PM me your quote as well?

Well, being the budgety kind, we are also painting it ourselves!! So you will paint after reno going to end,right? Cus I've heard alot of remarks about painting and felt **** demoralised when people dissuade me to paint myself.

Thanks!!

PM sent =)

Yup, we paint after reno almost done. Edmund will actually let us know when is suitable to paint, he will leave the corrugated paper behind so as to protect the flooring from paint stain. Initially, we were really doubtful about painting ourselves as well. LOL. We were afraid the result will not turn out to be what we wanted, and i did mentioned earlier that i'm such noob in painting. Hehe.. But after seeing the painted walls, we were like "wah!" efforts pay off! =) Moreover the cost of painting ourselves is only about $500+ including tools. Happy painting!

The cornices are a nice contrast to the grey.

Mind if u tell us which brand and grey colour u used for bedroom and mbr?

Thanks! The darker grey is from Dulux ICI "Granite"

After painting the walls, we started painting the doors & skirting. To paint the skirting is the most tedious part! :curse:As to paint wood, we have to use oil based paint. They are hard to dry, sticky to paint, the texture is thick and we have to paint thin layers by layers. I didn't use painter's tape as i find it pretty troublesome to use them on skirting and i used those tiny small painter brush for the corners.

Here's the walkway:

20131201_152857.jpg

We really love the effects although i suffered backache & neck ache after that! 3 layers of paint for skirting and doors as we need to cover the original dark brown. And yup, the track lights are up. Track lights are from balestier which cost us $90 for a good 3 year warranty.

Hi, cynthiazen I must said that both you did a good job in painting and good choice of color paint how many days it took to complete the whole house it must a tiring job,can you kindly PM your ID contact and quote did he charge you the extra like consultation fees I like the vanity cabinet for toilets mind sharing how much you pay for this thank. :)