Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pster

2 Weeks To Key Collection But No Contractor Appointed

I've met up with several IDs and contractors since October, but it's just tough making a decision on who to entrust my resale flat to. Here's the shortlist, after eliminating 1 ID who doesn't seem very interested in following up after our first meeting.

1) A young and hardworking ID whose quote is 5K over my budget after 2 revisions

2) A seasoned guy who's rather famous here and gave me the lowest quote, but he just can't seem to get the details right as he keeps forgetting what I want

3) A friend's brother who has no reviews here, but his quote is the second lowest

4) A friend's friend who has 1 or 2 decent reviews here but his quote is 3K over my budget after 2 revisions

Any advice, friends?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've met up with several IDs and contractors since October, but it's just tough making a decision on who to entrust my resale flat to. Here's the shortlist, after eliminating 1 ID who doesn't seem very interested in following up after our first meeting.

1) A young and hardworking ID whose quote is 5K over my budget after 2 revisions

2) A seasoned guy who's rather famous here and gave me the lowest quote, but he just can't seem to get the details right as he keeps forgetting what I want

3) A friend's brother who has no reviews here, but his quote is the second lowest

4) A friend's friend who has 1 or 2 decent reviews here but his quote is 3K over my budget after 2 revisions

Any advice, friends?

1) Can you try asking a discount from the IDs quote to match 4)?

2) This is the worse case, it seems your request were not taken into record but all been memorised.

3) Try ask for same matching quote with 2)

4) This seems to be most reliable compare to the last 3.

Just my 2 cents :good:

My advice, avoid using friends or relatives to do reno for you. You do not wish to get caught in a tricky situation when things do not go accordingly to plan. Unless you can compromise to certain extend in terms of quality.

Get someone you do not know. Easier to push things thru and stand firm in your decision when situation arises.

Thanks, guys. You both have a point there.

1) I did ask for discounts and they have all lowered their quotes somehow, but still unable to match the lowest I've received.

2) I guess I'll have to go with the one whom I do not have connections to, and whose quote is the lowest. I just pray he gets his act together soon enough for me to check and sign. And after that, I can only pray.