Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RenoJoy

Glass Backing In Kitchen

Was advised by ID company's project manager to drop the idea of glass backing in kitchen as I have switches and sockets in the 'middle' of the wall. He claimed that the tempered glass backing will crack easily if there is power socket there (owner accidentally knocks on glass backing while fixing on the power plug). :dunno:

What are your views? Anyone encountered the same?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think what your id claim is not true, I have seen so many cases of using glass backing and it's almost not possible not to have a socket, and have not seen any case of breakage, I Myself is using as well. However pls make sure your id uses 8mm thick tempered glass. some use 5mm, may not be so solid, or worst still, if they don't used tempered glass then it's prone to breakage.

I think what your id claim is not true, I have seen so many cases of using glass backing and it's almost not possible not to have a socket, and have not seen any case of breakage, I Myself is using as well. However pls make sure your id uses 8mm thick tempered glass. some use 5mm, may not be so solid, or worst still, if they don't used tempered glass then it's prone to breakage.

Do you think it is possible to ask them for proof of the thickness and type of glass used (though I know tempered glass has that logo imprinted somewhere)???

Just like buying LED downlights. Those who claimed that their chips are from Taiwan (that's why better and thus more expensive), when asked for proof, none can produce. :dunno:

My kitchen has backsplash and 2 separate switches in between. It can be done. Ur house. .....ur id must meet ur demands if its possible.

Yah, I think I'm just gonna stick with my planned idea.

I believe I've been 'smoked' too many times. Take my common toilet for example.... didn't know there are alternatives.

It's just that these people will suggest the easiest way for themselves. sigh....