Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
maxccy

Heavy Usage Ceiling Fan

Need to buy a few new ceiling fan for my new BTO house. Not sure which brand of fans would be more suitable for us. We are quite heavy usage on ceiling fan as my wife cannot sleep with aircon. I've tried KDK before but it seems like it didn't last as after 1 year of usage, the motor start giving that loud ticking sound.

Any recommendation for ceiling??

Thanks for sharing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Maxccy, please share which KDK model are you currently using? (so that i can avoid). i'm also looking for ceiling fan

Edited by claypot

It's A11YS. Think now is replaced by M11SU.

Hi Max,

The noise you are experiencing is not from the motor, it is actually the moving fan rubbing against the plastic housing on top. Try moving the fan a bit with you hand and the noise should go away.

The A11 or M11 is held by a ball-like structure to the ceiling bracket, it sways a bit if the fan is hit by a strong gust of wind when the windows are open, hence you may experience such ticking noise occasionally.

I have 4 units of KDK ceiling fans in my house (1xAY11, 2xMU11, 1xV60) and I am very happy with them. They have not given me any major problems in the last 3-4 years except the abovementioned minor issue.

Hope this helps.