Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alannn

Wall Mounting Ikea Kitchen Cabinet

HI to all DIYers'

I am planning to wall mount some existing ikea Faktum wall cabinet by myself ( 60cm W x 70 cm ht) and wondering the best and most secure method to wall mount it in terms of type of screws, anchor etc.

As you may be aware ikea cabinet is make of chip board and is pretty heavy on its own. Also according to their manuals its simply hold up by two L bracket on the top corner. I always have some kind of insecurity to wall mount cabinet without having any support to the floor but due to some changes going on in my study room , I need to wall mount it. In the past for wall shelve i will simply use plastic anchor and screw to hold them up but for cabinet will that be sufficient? if not, what other typre of screws shoud I get?

btw its typical HDB concrete wall.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I wall mounted my own ikea cabinet in toilet before. the metal bracket inside cabinet attached to the wood seems strong. Half year already no issues, still super sturdy.

I forgot if I used 1.5 or 2" anchors and the usual screws (those with deep cutting threads) for the anchors.

When I was installing my kitchen cabinets from my own I followed a video of granite creek cabinetry which really helped to install my cabinets easily and faster without taking help of others, so if you want then you can watch it here.

When I was installing my kitchen cabinets from my own I followed a video of granite creek cabinetry which really helped to install my cabinets easily and faster without taking help of others, so if you want then you can watch it here.

Thanks for sharing this video