Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluecollybag

Is The Quote Reasonable?

Dear Forummers

Would like some advise on whether the following quote

Thanks in advance

Dear Forummers

Could any kind people help me with this quote.

Whether is the quote reasonable to market standard please.

Thanks in advance

Masonry Works
Homogeneous Floor Tiles (292 sq ft) 2,336.00
Shower Kerbs (2) 200.00
Kitchen Cabinet, Washing Machine & Fridge Base 380.00

Flooring Works
Vinyl Flooring with Skirting for 3 x bedroom (366 sq ft) 2,562.00

Ceiling & Partition Works
L - Box light holder **** and dining 680.00
False ceiling 544.00

Kitchen Cabinet
Top and Bottom Kitchen Cabinet (28 ft) 3,360.00
Quartz (13 ft) 1,690.00
Full height Cabinet (2 ft) 560.00
Glass Backing (14ft) 850.00
Installation of Hob & Hood 80.00

Carpentary Work (Foyer, Living & Dining)
TV Console(6 ft) 1,080.00
Shoe Cabinet(4 ft) 1,040.00
Display Cabinet (3ft) 600.00

Carpentary Works (Master Bedroom)
Wardrobe (9 ft) 2,385.00
Glass Door 1,000.00

Plumping Works
Labour install kitchen sink & tap 160.00
Connect inlet and outlet 160.00
Installation of toilet accessories 160.00
Installation of water heater 160.00

Bathroom
Shower screen (casement tempered glass)i 550.00

Doors / Windows
Sliding window (32 sq ft) 416.00
Grilles (136 sq ft) 1,088.00
PD Door 420.00

Others
Paint 1,200.00
Haulage 350.00
Protection 120.00
General Cleaning 120.00

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry, have a few questions, I'm a newbie in renovation.

Shower Kerbs (2) 200.00 - what is this for?
Kitchen Cabinet, Washing Machine & Fridge Base 380.00 - is it a platform for the items to "sit"? what purpose does it serve? aesthetics? practical?

Top and Bottom Kitchen Cabinet (28 ft) 3,360.00 - why is it so expensive? I saw at IKEA if do a really long cabinet top and bottom probably don't even need $1.5K.
Quartz (13 ft) 1,690.00 - what is this item?
Full height Cabinet (2 ft) 560.00 - I think can get cheaper deal at IKEA.

TV Console(6 ft) 1,080.00 - how come so expensive? I saw TV table that cost so much less than that at courts and IKEA.
Shoe Cabinet(4 ft) 1,040.00 - $1040 to store shoes?!?
Display Cabinet (3ft) 600.00 - what is this?

Wardrobe (9 ft) 2,385.00 - how come so expensive? Is it the built-in type?
Glass Door 1,000.00 - waaaaa, $1000 for one glass door.

Shower screen (casement tempered glass)i 550.00 - this concept very strange to me, why need to put a piece of glass? the purpose of a shower screen is to cover the user, but if it is transparent or still can see the shape, then what is the point? why not just do away with it and save $550?

Paint 1,200.00 - heard from friend say if paint yourself can save $1000.

Shower Kerbs (2) 200.00 - what is this for? construction of shower kerbs before you install tempered glass swing door in the bathroom
Kitchen Cabinet, Washing Machine & Fridge Base 380.00 - is it a platform for the items to "sit"? what purpose does it serve? aesthetics? practical? - pardon me but i thought all kitchen cabinet need a mortar base, but mortar base for washing machine and fridge are optional.

Top and Bottom Kitchen Cabinet (28 ft) 3,360.00 - why is it so expensive? I saw at IKEA if do a really long cabinet top and bottom probably don't even need $1.5K. - was wondering whether $120 per foot run is market rate

Quartz (13 ft) 1,690.00 - what is this item? - table top
Full height Cabinet (2 ft) 560.00 - I think can get cheaper deal at IKEA.

TV Console(6 ft) 1,080.00 - how come so expensive? I saw TV table that cost so much less than that at courts and IKEA. - agreed but is there anywhere except ikea i can get suspended tv console?
Shoe Cabinet(4 ft) 1,040.00 - $1040 to store shoes?!? - anywhere i can get full height shoe cabinet?
Display Cabinet (3ft) 600.00 - what is this? - glass display cabinet

Wardrobe (9 ft) 2,385.00 - how come so expensive? Is it the built-in type?
Glass Door 1,000.00 - waaaaa, $1000 for one glass door. - with pelmet

Shower screen (casement tempered glass)i 550.00 - this concept very strange to me, why need to put a piece of glass? the purpose of a shower screen is to cover the user, but if it is transparent or still can see the shape, then what is the point? why not just do away with it and save $550? - noted. thanks

Paint 1,200.00 - heard from friend say if paint yourself can save $1000.

Thanks for your comments

I am an ID. Let me explain ur doubt..

Building of motar base for kitchen cabinet is needed when u need to do washing of flooring in kitchen. and also for the water to flow to the floor trap without contacting ur wooden cabinet.

please do not compare ID carpentry with Ikea. Usually Ikea cabinet uses MDF board or chip board to construct the carcass. Its not as durable as plywood.

Sometime carpentry cost is high because its customised and also depend on several factors. firstly the complication of the design, secondly material used and the workmanship of the carpenter. cost of carpenter is higher if the workmanship is gd. ID rated their carpenter internally.

shower screen is useful if u dun wan water to splash out to the dry area. shower curtain can sub shower screen but in terms of aesthetic, shower curtain lose out.

My advise is do not try to paint yourself. firstly its time consuming, secondly the workmanship is not as gd as what you think. Leave to the professional to do.

I am an ID. Let me explain ur doubt..

Building of motar base for kitchen cabinet is needed when u need to do washing of flooring in kitchen. and also for the water to flow to the floor trap without contacting ur wooden cabinet.

please do not compare ID carpentry with Ikea. Usually Ikea cabinet uses MDF board or chip board to construct the carcass. Its not as durable as plywood.

Sometime carpentry cost is high because its customised and also depend on several factors. firstly the complication of the design, secondly material used and the workmanship of the carpenter. cost of carpenter is higher if the workmanship is gd. ID rated their carpenter internally.

shower screen is useful if u dun wan water to splash out to the dry area. shower curtain can sub shower screen but in terms of aesthetic, shower curtain lose out.

My advise is do not try to paint yourself. firstly its time consuming, secondly the workmanship is not as gd as what you think. Leave to the professional to do.

I somehow agree on this explanation even though I am not a contractor nor ID. Custom made are always much more expensive, it fits well and the deco and design comes out to what you desire.

Never never compare anything from Reno company with IKEA. My honest opinion, IKEA stuff cannot make it long term. Some are very nice, but very troublesome . Mostly DiY.

I only buy IKEA small items like fork & spoon, plates & bowls or clothes and tableware. Not forgetting their carpets can consider also. Apart from that, I will skip IKEA by all cost........ My 20 cents worth

I agreed.. I myself also buy ikea stuff. i.e accessories.... but definitely not the kitchen cabinet or wardrobe. cause its not custom fit thus make the area very dusty. and to shift and pack the stuff is the last thing I wanna do..