Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Andrewprime

Guan Yin Statue

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ideal one ? Many people will say this feature better, that feature better ...so confusing ...

Anyway I change my statue from old guan yin to new guan yin 2-3 years ago. Let me explain what I went thru.

1. when married 2005, me n wife went rochor and look for porcelain white type without color. brought to temple to dot-eyes. Place at location x on a first fengshui master advice.

2. 3 years ago, met a thai master, came my house see fengshui with a focus on where to put "PROPER" GUAN YIN location without focusing on fengshui per se. Thai master quite famous in sg (she married Singaporean) and has 3rd religious eyes. Told me statue should be placed at a location where there should be a "top" cover like a shelter. And Guan Yin can watch family "most of the time". She found the right location for me. Not only that, she said plain porcelain Guan Yin without colors are no good. She then ask us to reselect at rochor (she don't own any shops there) and say "cheek must be red, colourful feature, sitting down, etc""

3. So we went to buy new one. Thai master then assist us to "chant" and dispose the old statue and replace with new ones.

4. As to guan yin "watch family" most of the time, it is actually in living room where we spend more of the time watching tv and kids always doing home work and play there. So "Guan Yin is really watching us most of the time there !

This is my experiences, different family different stories.

Yea :) I finally found the one we liked.. The headache part is now what is the process to bless the statue & when to invite home as i am planning to move into my new place next wkend. Do i invite Kuan Yin home first then i move in later or not.. confused

Guest Boon Kai

Reecia...... Where did you buy your Guan Yin?

Hi Jeannie. U can try chancerlodge complex Xu Faat trading as stated by ivylim in the previous few posting. I almost combed all the major shops in Singapore for my Guanyin last time and Xu Faat trading offer better quality and more beautiful Guanyin statue compared to other places. But I did not buy from them thou as the price is not very ideal for me.

I bought mine from TaoBao and imho the quality and workmanship is very good, and most importantly, the price is so much cheaper. ( Atleast $3-400 dollars cheaper )