Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cowboyaid

Island, Bar Top Table - Quartz Or Solid Surface

Hi guys

Which is better for Island and high bar top table? IDs tell me solid surface better for bar top as looks better and easily formed into curvy shapes. But I know solid surface easily stained and scratched. Also anyone with any design idea for bar top and island in a hdb? My design is to transition from a low island kitchen top to a high bar top just outside the kitchen.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Easily stained are those polyester solid surface. Acrylic solid surface shouldn't have this problem. I did my daughter's study table with a curve from normal table height to bay window height and it looks great. Been a year so far so good

If you have the budget, go for reputable quartz brands like Silestone and Caesarstone. Better quality and better designs. For island top, you have the option of choosing a design which has running and continuous patterns to bring out its beauty. Solid surface is also feasible but it scratches easily. Scratches are not a if but a when event. Just get a sample of solid surface and quartz and use your sharpest knife to do the scratch test. No point choosing beauty over functionality because when the beauty fades, you are only left with regrets.

• Like 1

Hi,

It bait late to post this now but both polyester and acrylic board face problems of scratch marks and water stain but on the other hand they can be easily removed and repair compared to other type of material. If your bar top is subjected to constant sunlight Acrylic will be the perfect solution to your problem as they can be thermoformed easily and is stronger compared to polyester board.

Regards

Sebast Lee