Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CuGu

Huge Price Difference Over Custom Made Vs Ready Made Curtain

I just came back from Ikea and spotlight..

I noticed that there is quite a huge difference over the quote i got from a curtain shop and the price of Ikea and spotlight..

And I think both of them offer installation services..

I think Ikea curtain and blind quality is so so but spotlight is not bad..

Now I kinda of think that it is really not worth spending nearly 3k for my EM when I can get similar for ard 1k..

Somemore I hear that curtain shop have quite a significant markup (at least 100% sometime 200%)

Is that true?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The reason for the high price of custom made curtains is the high labour and operating cost in Singapore. Custom made curtains require more labour and overheads in Singapore.

for me i will nv go ikea or spotlight for my curtains, coz the quality of work is different. I seen how curtains or blinds transform a room, so i treat curtains as a impt piece of feature in my room.

for me i will nv go ikea or spotlight for my curtains, coz the quality of work is different. I seen how curtains or blinds transform a room, so i treat curtains as a impt piece of feature in my room.

yeah, totally agree with you. the absolute amount saved isnt that significant but the quality differs significantly

I have so many friends regretting buying curtains from IKEA, because at the end of the day they need to fork out even more money to replace the IKEA curtain with something else for better night shading.

I would totally prefer custom made curtains, curtains bought correctly can last for ages, been trying to find my old curtain lady but she closed her factory ):

I would totally prefer custom made curtains, curtains bought correctly can last for ages, been trying to find my old curtain lady but she closed her factory

Got many curtain shops out there so you also can look ard..

• Like 1