Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Had my home renovation completed a while back in early 2019. So far everything seems to be in perfect condition, not even a need to call them back for any defects. Of course, some minor stains were found but was easily resolved by ourselves. Therefore, i decided to share my fair bit of experience here though was a little skeptical at first which found a bad review. But majority reviews over in FB, google, renotalk, renotalk and any other social media were all great!

So, i was recommended by 2 of my friends who had done some minor renovation for their Bto. Surprisingly, even a small scale company which was informed by my friend beforehand had their own carpentry and glass workshop when i visited. The ID wayne that served me was able to understand very quickly what we wanted upon showing quite a bit of photos and explained how the renovation process works. NO HARD SELLING of renovation packages that would want us to make a small deposit to seal off the deal unlike previous 3 IDs we been to which we felt so comfortable with. Got our quote as promised within a week. Price quoted were all very detailed. Though there are not the cheapest, but i feel that prices are justified with the amount of work that totals up around $75k. 

After a month of design and material selection, work finally started. Initially timeframe was targeted around 8-10weeks. But in the end, it was delayed for around 2 - 3 weeks. But since wayne had explained about the workload they have, without 3rd party shabby contractors which we have not seen on site, we gave them the benefit of doubt. It's our first time after all and we do believe if quality time are given, workmanship should be good!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 10/14/2015 at 5:53 PM, Dnym89 said:

Pardon me everyone but I will be writing a long feedback on this reno contractor to save the rest from having the same problem and regret in engaging this company like I did. Am new here. But really feel the need to create an account here to share this bad experience with all of you readers.

Have actually engaged this company for renovation of my resale unit after knowing it through the Facebook(Amazingly, rating over there was good, but its FB afterall, comment and rating can be filtered and controlled). Am extremely disappointed with the services and workmanship provided. IC(Chris) is a very irresponsible and person though he appeared to be very knowledgeable in attending to me before payment has been made. But as saying goes, Knowledge without action is simply as good as nothing Throughout the whole reno process, other than asking for payment(initial and subsequent ones), he was often missing when needed. Calls and messages can be called and sent for up to a week before he gets back to you with lame excuses. All I was expecting was just a reply AT LEAST. A lot of all these excuses have been patiently entertained in between. He is totally two different persons before and after receiving the deposit payment. Most frustrating part is that he is the overall In-charge of this small company, and I have no-one to provide feedbacks and complaints to. Don't think there are other reno in-charge in this company. He is the only one doing the coordination of the reno work.

First and foremost, when it comes to workmanship, no doubt price are cheap, but it came with a price too. Quality of material used and skills of the labour are really terrible. In the end I had to fork out another few thousand dollars engaging other contractor just to re-do my flooring.

Showering system was installed in an awkward and uncomfortable position(In the first place, I wasn't even asked on the preferred position that I wanted) and when told to re-adjust the position to address the issue, I was told that there wont be any warranty anymore for that area if I were to do so. Simply speaking, he just want to save on the trouble of doing so. In the end, I have to spend another sum of additional money just to get others to re-install the system.

Patience ran out and decision was made to terminate his service of doing the rest of the things in the quotation. But this is not the end. The amendment needed to been done was delayed and dragged further. At this point of time, after knowing that I wouldn't be using his service further, his attitude change from bad to worse, playing punk with me by not answering and replying my message and calls promptly. This has seriously caused a lot of inconvenience in between as I had to still engage other contractor for other stuff.

Hopefully, my feedback and advice will help for those who are thinking to engage this company. The choice is yours to be made. I am just here sharing what I have experienced with this company.

I read your review but I still decided to give it a try because our friend recommended him. And sadly 4 years later he is still doing the same thing. I'm quite sad that he's doing this to us. He is uncontactable. Didn't even do handover of keys. Didn't return our balance money also.

On 10/14/2015 at 5:53 PM, Dnym89 said:

Pardon me everyone but I will be writing a long feedback on this reno contractor to save the rest from having the same problem and regret in engaging this company like I did. Am new here. But really feel the need to create an account here to share this bad experience with all of you readers.

Have actually engaged this company for renovation of my resale unit after knowing it through the Facebook(Amazingly, rating over there was good, but its FB afterall, comment and rating can be filtered and controlled). Am extremely disappointed with the services and workmanship provided. IC(Chris) is a very irresponsible and person though he appeared to be very knowledgeable in attending to me before payment has been made. But as saying goes, Knowledge without action is simply as good as nothing Throughout the whole reno process, other than asking for payment(initial and subsequent ones), he was often missing when needed. Calls and messages can be called and sent for up to a week before he gets back to you with lame excuses. All I was expecting was just a reply AT LEAST. A lot of all these excuses have been patiently entertained in between. He is totally two different persons before and after receiving the deposit payment. Most frustrating part is that he is the overall In-charge of this small company, and I have no-one to provide feedbacks and complaints to. Don't think there are other reno in-charge in this company. He is the only one doing the coordination of the reno work.

First and foremost, when it comes to workmanship, no doubt price are cheap, but it came with a price too. Quality of material used and skills of the labour are really terrible. In the end I had to fork out another few thousand dollars engaging other contractor just to re-do my flooring.

Showering system was installed in an awkward and uncomfortable position(In the first place, I wasn't even asked on the preferred position that I wanted) and when told to re-adjust the position to address the issue, I was told that there wont be any warranty anymore for that area if I were to do so. Simply speaking, he just want to save on the trouble of doing so. In the end, I have to spend another sum of additional money just to get others to re-install the system.

Patience ran out and decision was made to terminate his service of doing the rest of the things in the quotation. But this is not the end. The amendment needed to been done was delayed and dragged further. At this point of time, after knowing that I wouldn't be using his service further, his attitude change from bad to worse, playing punk with me by not answering and replying my message and calls promptly. This has seriously caused a lot of inconvenience in between as I had to still engage other contractor for other stuff.

Hopefully, my feedback and advice will help for those who are thinking to engage this company. The choice is yours to be made. I am just here sharing what I have experienced with this company.

thank you for sharing your experience..searching for trusted ID Contactor is really hard nowadays we must be very very careful

hi ts, i would not reco budget design, their office is at wdls harvest center if i rmbr correctly their workmanship very2 chialat..only 6months moving in to my humble 3 room and im bloody dissapointed, on top of that deadlines were not met, their id ( chris ) everytime fly kite. paitao kia. yes their quotation is very cheap but hey it ur money ur choice. now sadly to say im saving up to re-renovate the place.

Hi everyone, wanted to check if anyone has engaged them before for reno? Have received quotes from them and I must say their price looks good!

Thanks!

Hi Lothario,

Do you have any finding and can share? Thanks.

Hi everyone, wanted to check if anyone has engaged them before for reno? Have received quotes from them and I must say their price looks good!

Thanks!