Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leon77

Id Say He Is Not Allow To Replace The Main Sewage/water Pipe?

Hi all,

Just bought a resale 2 room flat and the main sewage/water pipe ( linking top and bottom floor) is badly rusty. The area is scheduled for HIP program but we do not know when it will start for our block.

I would prefer to have it replace together with the renovation. The ID, intro by the property agent says he is not allow to replace it. But I believed it can be done if apply for permit from HDB by the ID?

I was thinking of engaging another contractor just to do the piping before the main renovation start. The ID is quite a friendly guy and explain alot of those renovation stuff so I might want him to do the renovation.

Anyone can recommend a contractor that is ok with just doing the piping?

I might want to talk to the ID again about the piping when we meet again to discuss the quotation, but for now I shall start looking for an alternative in case he still do not want to do the piping.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nope you are not allow to change the pipe on your own.

my cousin flat just got theirs changed by hdb, cost them $600 to revamp 2 toilet. if you can, leave your toilet alone and wait for HIP. it will save you a bundle.

Hi mummychua,

thanks for the reply. Toilet definitely has to be redone and I cant wait for the HIP (its in terrible condition -_-.) I guess the main pipe we have to just paint over temporary.

I suggest doing minimal and only essential reno to your toilets if HIP is coming soon.

Go to Google and search "Straits times toilet leak". You should be able to find two articles (from 2013) on their forum pages. One is from a dweller and the other from HDB. I have same problem as letter writer.

Edited by oldboy

If I'm not wrong, that pipe belong to the HDB and they will assign a Main Con to repair it.Normally they would throw it a bundle to reno the whole toilet at a discounted price,paint it is the only option now. You can do your reno now but those contractor tends to dirty the place up.