Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Sim

The Nautilus @ Punggol

DO WE REALLY NEED FENGSHUI?

We are kinda of worried that the FSM will kinda of clash with our ID design, so duno want to engage him anot? Now we are still thinking........ :dunno::dunno:

Appreciate if anyone could share any experience with a fengshui master...Thanks!

Hi there,

To incorporate fengshui into your house is really up to individual. There are tons of school of thoughts on fengshui, so don't just follow blindly. You have to be comfortable with the remedies and arrangements because ultimately you are the one staying there. It's pretty much like ID selection. Choose one you are comfortable with, just like ID will give you suggestions, to do or not to do , the decision still lies with you.

It's is good to do fs audits if you are doing a full renovation as you can plan fixtures for electrical, lighting, Aircon fan, tv to selection of paint colors, tiles, flooring,wardrobe and console laminates , tabletops etc. It is not an easy task to manage Fengshui expectations vs your dream house expectations vs reality expectations(managing sub contractors) vs managing budgets.

My personal thoughts on Fengshui is it's SCIENCE. Otherwise if you are not too bothered by fs, focus your attention on renovation instead.

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro, thank you for advise, it's true, initially it's a struggle to forgo fengshui rules and carry on renovation knowing the fear of doing wrong, however, like what you say, " focus your attention on renovation instead.", that works!!!!

Haha

Hi there,

To incorporate fengshui into your house is really up to individual. There are tons of school of thoughts on fengshui, so don't just follow blindly. You have to be comfortable with the remedies and arrangements because ultimately you are the one staying there. It's pretty much like ID selection. Choose one you are comfortable with, just like ID will give you suggestions, to do or not to do , the decision still lies with you.

It's is good to do fs audits if you are doing a full renovation as you can plan fixtures for electrical, lighting, Aircon fan, tv to selection of paint colors, tiles, flooring,wardrobe and console laminates , tabletops etc. It is not an easy task to manage Fengshui expectations vs your dream house expectations vs reality expectations(managing sub contractors) vs managing budgets.

My personal thoughts on Fengshui is it's SCIENCE. Otherwise if you are not too bothered by fs, focus your attention on renovation instead.

Cheers!

DO WE REALLY NEED FENGSHUI?

We are kinda of worried that the FSM will kinda of clash with our ID design, so duno want to engage him anot? Now we are still thinking........ :dunno::dunno:

Appreciate if anyone could share any experience with a fengshui master...Thanks!

I have bad experience here. Initially we decided to forgo fengshui, met up w our id & happily went ahead w the layout & 3D. After receiving the keys, we decided t go ahead with the fengshui audit, the nightmare is here. Everything got to change, all color scheme got to change, of cos it means spending more money too. Dream home vanished in the thin air after the audit. So demoralizing. Now waiting for new layout & 3D again. Back to square one I would say. :(

I have bad experience here. Initially we decided to forgo fengshui, met up w our id & happily went ahead w the layout & 3D. After receiving the keys, we decided t go ahead with the fengshui audit, the nightmare is here. Everything got to change, all color scheme got to change, of cos it means spending more money too. Dream home vanished in the thin air after the audit. So demoralizing. Now waiting for new layout & 3D again. Back to square one I would say. :(

Wow, thats so sad. But thats why we paid ID for - to bring out a perfect place in any constraints ! Cheers!!!

Wow, thats so sad. But thats why we paid ID for - to bring out a perfect place in any constraints ! Cheers!!!

My ID now always make fun of me saying my house is going to be a 'fengshui' theme house. :~

But still we are trying to work out something out of what we can. Good luck for your renovation !