Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
galapogos

Door And Wall Questions

Hi,

Thinking of moving the entrance of my kitchen, which involves hacking off existing entrance and building up a new one, followed by installation of a door. My contractor quoted me the following

- To provide labour hack / dismantle existing wall at kitchen entrance . $300

- Supply labour and material to use cement plaster compound to make smooth surface area at affected hacked off wall & lay tile finish at facing kitchen area. $500

- Supply labour & material to construct new wall use 2.5" hollow block c/w cement plaster compound to make smooth surface area & lay tile finish at facing kitchen area. $700

- Supply labour & materials to install 1set of wooden frame paint in black with clear glass panels door at kitchen entrance . (L-1000 x H-2100) $1250

Firstly, wondering if his prices are reasonable for the hacking/building up.

Also, wondering if the constructed new wall is sturdy. What is "2.5" hollow block c/w cement plaster"? If I tap on it, does it sound hollow, compared to a concrete brick wall? And is it load bearing? If I accidentally bang into it with something sharp will it poke all the way into the wall?

Next, wondering why the door is so expensive. I was thinking of something like this.

nCEXVV.png

For comparison, he quoted 2 bedroom veneer recon doors for $780 total. I'm guessing it's more expensive due to the tempered glass? If so, would it be cheaper if less glass is used?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request