imakan

Imakan Place

eeek... i just kill those ants.. hee hee zz

its really interesting though... zz

imakan maybe next time u catch other kind of insects ah? zz

What insect??? hmmmm..... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi imakan,

You have a nicely done up home...mind if I know how much did you send on your renovation for? What is the size of your flat?

I think you need to sprinkle some drugs for your ants to get high!

Thanks Sumo... your house also on the way liow ah... jiayou.... doing your own desiging yeah... good good... we also did our own planning... in fact, we knew what we wanted and went to look for IDs to get them to quote... ok... back to your question...

Reno yet to complete as we are still waiting to purchase the recess area... as of now... already spent about 35k on the house... reno cost alone... as it was a very old flat, we had alot of things to do. Re-wiring, hacking, building new walls and plastering... all these came up to quite abit... and also all the build in... sigh... very broke now! It is a 4 NG flat... think about the same size as yours?

So how is your colour choosing?? What colours did you choose?

Heheh. Your little hobbies are so interesting. :)

Kekkeke.... so you getting for you son yet?? Your wife said anything about it yet??

btw... like your wavey curvy tiles in the toilet! Nice! :good:

Wah..have to go catch ants.. the only one in the hse is the small small type..sure to squash them with my fat fingers.. the bigger one dare not try as wife will 8| me... she already making noice about ants in the hse...

Yeah.. have to go catch ants one... the 'bunglow' dun come with ants!

Yeah lo.... my place also got those small ants... already bought those ant combat and yet i still see the small ants running around.... spray and spray also no use leh... still see them running around... any idea how to get rid of them??? :furious:

Thanks Sumo... your house also on the way liow ah... jiayou.... doing your own desiging yeah... good good... we also did our own planning... in fact, we knew what we wanted and went to look for IDs to get them to quote... ok... back to your question...

Reno yet to complete as we are still waiting to purchase the recess area... as of now... already spent about 35k on the house... reno cost alone... as it was a very old flat, we had alot of things to do. Re-wiring, hacking, building new walls and plastering... all these came up to quite abit... and also all the build in... sigh... very broke now! It is a 4 NG flat... think about the same size as yours?

So how is your colour choosing?? What colours did you choose?

Hi imakan,

Yah, my renovation is in the In-Progress status. We have a budget constraint so we try to get everything to the minimum if possible. I will say that 80% of my home is renewed with new materials, and the 20% will be the existing old tiles that are buried under my cement screed floor...meaning overlay. I am having a cement screed floor. Just for the renovation itself, I spent about 24K but not sure if there is any additional cost towards the end.

My floor area is about 93sqm, corner unit. Is yours the same?

As for the colours of my walls..most of the walls are white except for some feature walls will be painted with a colour. For the colours, I have selected the specially mixed colours because I know that I cannot compromise to the given colours in those standard paint colour brochures. My colour scheme is within pastel range. Keep a look out on my updates in my blog....

Cheers

Kekkeke.... so you getting for you son yet?? Your wife said anything about it yet??

btw... like your wavey curvy tiles in the toilet! Nice! :)

Yeah lo.... my place also got those small ants... already bought those ant combat and yet i still see the small ants running around.... spray and spray also no use leh... still see them running around... any idea how to get rid of them??? :o

Thanks. Still thinking (abt the ant farm). What's ant combat? The little container of ant poison found at most supermkts?

Thanks. Still thinking (abt the ant farm). What's ant combat? The little container of ant poison found at most supermkts?

Yeah that 'little container of ant poison found at most supermkts'.... any use to that?? i find the ants not doing anything about that... maybe new age ants... clever one. :sport-smiley-004:

Serious? Oh dear... i think i missed out on that! Didn't read about it before leh!

I bought a L shape mango sofa, a dining table, tv concole, plateform bed, mattress and a wardrobe.... I did not know their reviews were so bad one! Hope they dun **** up my delivery!! Pray pray :furious:

What is it you all heard? Can share?

imakan,

so how was the delivery of ur furnitures?

my FH also placed an order for sofa and coffee table at St louis at furniture mall, now reading singapore brides also found a lot of negative comments abt them !!

imakan,

so how was the delivery of ur furnitures?

my FH also placed an order for sofa and coffee table at St louis at furniture mall, now reading singapore brides also found a lot of negative comments abt them :yamseng:

Hello Pink... well everything turned out after some hiccups!

What happened was that they called me 2 days (Thurs) before my delivery and told me that the sofa could not be delivered on the day(Sat) I wanted and they asked for it to be pushed back 1 week. Excuse being they are very busy and alot of orders (cos of CNY).

I of cos got fed up.... I told them I placed my order 3-4 months ago and there is no excuse they are not able to deliver on my requested time. They said they factory not able to cope and they cannot deliver it and ask me to give them 1 week. I did not give way knowing that if I did, most prob they will call again next week and tell me cannot do it again (cos CNY period, I know they sure will have alot of urgent orders). Thus I told her to give it to me lastest on Tues and if I do not get it, I will want a refund. Well, she relecutantly said yes den.

Anyway... during the delivery of other items, while fixing my dining table... they were quite rough and scratch the table leg. And guess what, they just pretend nothing happened... use market pen and cover it.... As I was not fussy, I just close 1 eye... since the table leg will be facing in. Sigh... well... I guess if you are very particular over scratch and things like that... make sure you do inspect the product properly cos sure will have scratch here and there one.... hope this helps!

:P remember.... pray pray... :bleah:

=====================================================

HELP NEEDED

I am looking for plants that are easy to care for... wanna hang it on the toilet pipe... i heard that due to feng shui reason, cannot hang money plant... so looking for other type of plants.... also i do not really wanna water the plant as the pipe in that area is the dry washroom area... any advice???

Anyone knows if air plant is good? where can I get it?? Is it expensive? Please help!

Edited by imakan

ahnah did mention about air plants before.. maybe u can check his blog or pm him about it not sure whether he still have the air plant thing..

ahnah did mention about air plants before.. maybe u can check his blog or pm him about it not sure whether he still have the air plant thing..

Thanks Odie..... knew you will have some advise... really appreciate it! :bleah::)

Kekeke... thanks!!! Got that idea from someone's blog.... but their is mosaic.. and it is so expensive to put mosiac ones you know... so came up with the idea of using these metallic mini square finishing tiles... kekekekke... we like it... but now looking at it... think the tiler tile it too close to the door side liow.... :~

IMG_7497.JPG

Yo imakan, u got ur idea from my blog is it :~ Hehehe :sport-smiley-004:

th_31650_15022007123_122_241lo.jpg

th_31855_15022007125_122_180lo.jpg

But urs looks nicer le.. The tiles looks like carbon fibre like dat :~

Thanks Odie..... knew you will have some advise... really appreciate it! :~:sport-smiley-004:

!! reading too much blog..

but i dont know everything :~

collage.jpg

Added something new to the house.... :notti:

think we have the same taste...i'm getting that too...hee :notti: