Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
singamas

Back To City Fringe Living

After so many delay, finally 开工大吉 :sport-smiley-004:

20141008_1014461_zpsaf7e288a.jpg

20141008_1201481_zpsaf903897.jpg

Hacking of this wall require PE approval, so unbelievable .....cost me close to 1K :jawdrop:

IMG-20141008-WA00251_zps2c6276b9.jpg

IMG-20141008-WA00271_zpsc1c6d690.jpg

Edited by singamas

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The hacking job had completed, next step is the wiring and plumbing job. The electrician use by my ID doesn't look cheap.Charging $46 for light point, $91 for 1x13 amp point, $104 for 2x13 amp point, $156 for SCV point $120 for heater,hob,hood switch,,,,etc. Total damage came close to $3k

my dinning area mirror cum fixture wall lighting

20141014_1216241_zpsef55d6ad.jpg

Part of my living room L box

20141014_1216101_zps3847f38a.jpg

and the kitchen

20141014_1217261_zpse23f5254.jpg

Edited by singamas

This is my plumber 杰作

Does anyone know why you need to wrap a pipe up like this ?

20141012_1035481_zpscf51bb5b.jpg

20141014_1803561_zpscaf5bf74.jpg

20141014_1806471_zps50a78c2e.jpg

Not sure why the drainage pipe from my basin has to run such a long distance to find it way home

20141014_1804091_zps40afa5f5.jpg

20141014_1804381_zps3cdeb4c5.jpg

The person who hack my bathroom wall and floor tiles accidentally damaged my aircon outlet pipe which is conceal inside the bathroom. My ID said he will get his aircon guy to replace the pipe, quote me $130 (.......yes I was told I have to pay.... :angry2: ).......In the first place, he is trying to ask me to get my aircon contractor to come down to replace which I totally disagree. Finally, he said he will pay for the damage. I was told they are only responsible for other water inlet/outlet pipe in the bathroom which is including in the quotation.............so ridiculous ..... and unbelievable

MY ID is doing such a GREAT job,,,,everything is in smooth flow, hacking,wiring,plumbing,,,,,,,,,so smooth that he never keep us inform,,,,,,no update,,,,,,,,,take long time to answer your msg./ whatapp whatever.............and told you he will inform you two days ahead before the wiring guy come............And only called me 1& 1/2 hour before the wiring guy came to do the wiring job. So efficient.........We didn't even talk about any wiring issue beforehand.

Maybe that is the consequences I have to bear since I get most of the stuff by myself that he has very little 油水, maybe that is what he means by give and take... :fire:

Edited by singamas

To put it nicely, your ID does not look like the type with ownership or generosity. The little signs are there. If he didn't explicitly state (verbally or contract) that your stuff should be bought through him, he shouldn't act like a spoilt kid. Anyway most people will buy their stuff through their own channels for various reasons so it shouldn't be something extraordinary to him. Still if you are unhappy about his reno handling, you should speak to him firmly about it else the situation will tend to deteriorate making the relationship a tense one. Try to be present during the critical works when his workers are around so you can directly gauge whether your ideas were passed on correctly. Might also get better ideas from the workers.

To put it nicely, your ID does not look like the type with ownership or generosity. The little signs are there. If he didn't explicitly state (verbally or contract) that your stuff should be bought through him, he shouldn't act like a spoilt kid. Anyway most people will buy their stuff through their own channels for various reasons so it shouldn't be something extraordinary to him. Still if you are unhappy about his reno handling, you should speak to him firmly about it else the situation will tend to deteriorate making the relationship a tense one. Try to be present during the critical works when his workers are around so you can directly gauge whether your ideas were passed on correctly. Might also get better ideas from the workers.

Thanks for your advise. We did try to drop by our place and check on the work progress. His contractor are very professional and efficient. They did complain to me that he was always late, did not tell they the work details, like what tiles are for which area, did not order enough tiles that they have to finish job earlier etc.

I finally found out the reason he only show his face around 10am at my place -------to avoid paying erp charges since my place is very near CBD area :wacko:

Edited by singamas

Today did quite a bit of shopping, Howard at Millenia Walk is closing down, everything must go at 40% less

Bought the hook hangers

20141018_1924321_zpsd78ffaca.jpg

20141018_1925261_zpsd2acc4a3.jpg

the Ruckzuck Airer for the yard

20141018_1926331_zps6077a0bd.jpg

two wall mount swing arm mirror to install in the bathroom

20141018_1941291_zps92de76ee.jpg

and the vacuum tidy

20141018_1926121_zps539b4b89.jpg

After so many delay, finally 开工大吉 :sport-smiley-004:

Hacking of this wall require PE approval, so unbelievable .....cost me close to 1K :jawdrop:

IMG-20141008-WA00251_zps2c6276b9.jpg

So ex? I thought PE fee around $300 to $500?

The person who hack my bathroom wall and floor tiles accidentally damaged my aircon outlet pipe which is conceal inside the bathroom. My ID said he will get his aircon guy to replace the pipe, quote me $130 (.......yes I was told I have to pay.... :angry2: ).......In the first place, he is trying to ask me to get my aircon contractor to come down to replace which I totally disagree. Finally, he said he will pay for the damage. I was told they are only responsible for other water inlet/outlet pipe in the bathroom which is including in the quotation.............so ridiculous ..... and unbelievable

MY ID is doing such a GREAT job,,,,everything is in smooth flow, hacking,wiring,plumbing,,,,,,,,,so smooth that he never keep us inform,,,,,,no update,,,,,,,,,take long time to answer your msg./ whatapp whatever.............and told you he will inform you two days ahead before the wiring guy come............And only called me 1& 1/2 hour before the wiring guy came to do the wiring job. So efficient.........We didn't even talk about any wiring issue beforehand.

Maybe that is the consequences I have to bear since I get most of the stuff by myself that he has very little 油水, maybe that is what he means by give and take... :fire:

I think you shouldn't pay for the aircon damage. Instead, you should ask for compensation. Why? Because if the pipe is damaged, no matter how they sealed or join back, it's a point of weakness and it will leak, water condensation later. Happen to me before and the aircon service guy told me the joint is a point of weakness.

And bought all my LED T5 ,LEd strip and downlight at AVARIC

1897694_589859804441509_1631877034_n.jpg

Seems like this place is quite popular ... should have done more research before I bought mine :(

Edited by sentinel