Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Huiqing He

Construction Of A Small Home

Hi huiqing,

I think the price is reasonable for double and scv point. I had called a few they charge me more. By the way, is the electrician license?

Can PM me your electrician contact?

Thanks

Hi Sharon, PM-ed you. I have not asked if he is licensed but thanks for bringing it up. Will check with him.

Overall, your electical cost is ok.

I mean, some are a bit higher and some a bit lower but overall it evens out.

Main thing, u must be comfortable with the electrical...as can talk anot.

Yes....electrical works are expensive.....this is 1 area many (including myself) overlook :o

I would say to go for all double gang socket is better as more value for money and if 1 spoil, no need immediate change, and area still can be use n not become a "powerless zone" :P

Hi simple13, thank you for the suggestion. I really know nuts about the electrical works, all settled by the hubby. I guess for me as long as I switch on got "power" it's okay. I guess many people forgot to source for electrician and only focus on the ID or contractor.

how many socket points are u looking at in total?

Hi jabbathehutt, we are only looking 2 additional singles and 3 doubles.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our Taobao lightings have just reached Peeka's warehouse.

It's a total of 10 packages weighing 30kg, our shipping is just over $100.

remember to pay GST as well.

the edison bulbs are tungsten? gonna cost a lot of watts..

wirriam, yeah tungsten. We are only using them for the corridor light, i think it's not too bad.

remember to pay GST as well.

alcupon, all included $100+

The electrician quoted us the following prices. Is it considered expensive?

New lighting/fan point: $60 each

1x13amp socket outlet: $70 each

2x13amp socket outlet: $75 each

SCV/Lan point relocation: $90 each

Phone point relocation: $60 each

Install track light: $30 each

Install light: $15 each

Install fan: $60 each

Shift light point: $45 each

Black PVC piping for living room: $150

Conceal trunking for TV cable: $100

We were quite stumped when we got to know it costs $1790 to fix the electricity for the whole house.

yeah electrical cost + carpentry is the 'killer' of renovation. I think your price is pretty standard for all electricians took up together with your ID.

It will definitely be cheaper sourcing your own but you will risk messing up the coordination.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Maybe we will go with the ID's electrician afterall. Yah, carpentry and electrical are so expensive.

I salute those who do ala-carte for the whole house.

your 3D drawing looks great! Love the kitchen sliding door and your sofa choice makes the house more lively! :D

We also had the same concern; wanted to sub out the electrical part but it's one of the most important component in the house. My friend subbed out his electrical works and I guess that electrician has some issues, his house electricity trips frequently!

Are you done with the rectifications? Ours had problems with the window frames (patches of paint everywhere & check if it closes tight. Our master bedroom window was sagging), the door frame of the toilet was rusty, the tiles in the toilet/ kitchen some of them had cracks/ uneven. If you are intending to use the sink provided by the hdb, check if the stopper is rusty or not. :)

Edited by Yelena

can do ala-carte, really can save in general but u "pay" using energy :P

but comparing quotes is a must, at least between 3 IDs/Contractors :)

simple13, yah lo. We saw 9, it's so tiring. I cannot imagine having to co-ordinate all other stuff.

your 3D drawing looks great! Love the kitchen sliding door and your sofa choice makes the house more lively! :D

We also had the same concern; wanted to sub out the electrical part but it's one of the most important component in the house. My friend subbed out his electrical works and I guess that electrician has some issues, his house electricity trips frequently!

Are you done with the rectifications? Ours had problems with the window frames (patches of paint everywhere & check if it closes tight. Our master bedroom window was sagging), the door frame of the toilet was rusty, the tiles in the toilet/ kitchen some of them had cracks/ uneven. If you are intending to use the sink provided by the hdb, check if the stopper is rusty or not. :)

Thank Yelena, I think we are going ahead with the ID's electrician after much consideration. Our handover is this Saturday and I think I will look another round after reading your post. Thank you for the advices.

Must customise? I feel IKEA curtains n binds ok...pretty cheap but how long it last is another thing.

if not spotlight?

but i rem there are some recommended curtain markers in this forum...have to do a serach :)

Must customise? I feel IKEA curtains n binds ok...pretty cheap but how long it last is another thing.

if not spotlight?

but i rem there are some recommended curtain markers in this forum...have to do a serach :)

Yah, the hubby wants Venetian blind in the living room and roller blinds in the other 2 rooms. I think got to get people to the home and quote. We are not really keen on Ikea stuff.

Hi Huiqing, I love your 3D drawings too, and your kitchen with the two-tone cabinets. Is it Kompac plus Top? We got Kompac plus Top too for our kitchen, but we chose 10.40 shade cos the 10.30 one was out of stock. I think 10.30 is quite hot. But we are quite happy with 10.40.

In the end we chose to stick to our ID's electrician cos as the work continued, there were some adjustments, cos we wanted to add additional socket points, and bought additional wall fan and more lights after the electricians came the first time, and the painters already came, so the electricians had to come back again, and the painter to do touch up work and the ID had to coordinate all this. If we had our own electricians, it would be crazy coordinating the timing.

Have you found your curtain contact? I can PM you mine if you havent found any. He has good service and their mechanism of the blinds is quite good quality. I did Venetian blind in the living room, and the plain blinds in the other rooms. Let me know ;)

Hi Huiqing, I love your 3D drawings too, and your kitchen with the two-tone cabinets. Is it Kompac plus Top? We got Kompac plus Top too for our kitchen, but we chose 10.40 shade cos the 10.30 one was out of stock. I think 10.30 is quite hot. But we are quite happy with 10.40.

In the end we chose to stick to our ID's electrician cos as the work continued, there were some adjustments, cos we wanted to add additional socket points, and bought additional wall fan and more lights after the electricians came the first time, and the painters already came, so the electricians had to come back again, and the painter to do touch up work and the ID had to coordinate all this. If we had our own electricians, it would be crazy coordinating the timing.

Have you found your curtain contact? I can PM you mine if you havent found any. He has good service and their mechanism of the blinds is quite good quality. I did Venetian blind in the living room, and the plain blinds in the other rooms. Let me know ;)

Hi Gingereve, yes we are going with Kompac Plus 10.30, it's the only colour we really want. We invited another electrician to quote last night, he has done a few of our families' homes and hopefully his quote is good for us. My hubby says he "click" more with this electrician. Yes, would appreciate if you can let me have your blinds contact. We are still swimming in the middle of the sea for this one.