Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
G_luv_M

Cosy Chill-Out Bar Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, mind sharing how much you paid for the whole set of digital lock? Keen on getting them as well.

Hi there,

The set cost me $1,288. However, if you are changing your metal grille, you can consider taking small gaps grille whereby hands could not go thru the gaps. With those, you can save a few hundred bucks off from the price as the installer does not need to provide you with a metal box to hide the the lock.

Installations

Fan

As mentioned in one of my previous thread, the fan was bought from Tampoi Lightings with a doubtful quality. Engaged a super experienced fan installer, Erik to check on whether the fan is suitable to be installed. Erik mentioned that the fan is a designer fan which will not pass singapore quality check due to the weight. Apparently, in singapore flats, ceiling fans weight are limited to a certain weightage and my current designer fan is way too heavy. It is also slightly lower than other ceiling fans which are suitable for the singapore market. Nonetheless, he promised to do a safe job for me and here it is:

gallery_64133_568_127324.jpg

Erik managed to balance the fan using his OWN balancing kit (cause my box even tho mentioned balancing kit provided, but it was not included!!!) and my fan is literally 100% free from shakes and vibrations. Excellent 5 star skill performance by Erik. I was extremely pleased with the fan now. Enjoying the breeze....

Dining Area Lamp

I only made 3 purchases from tampoi, the LED changing lights which came with missing wires and dumped, the fan which i am pleased with after installation and last is this dining lamp. It turned out good too!

gallery_64133_568_27489.jpg

gallery_64133_568_64408.jpg

Digital Door Locks

Also, my locks are up. For both door and grille. Personally, i'm pretty much enjoying the convenience of no keys now. Properly installed and working fine. The gate one has no handle while the wooden door comes with a handle.

gallery_64133_568_68873.jpg

gallery_64133_568_180814.jpg

Digital Peep Viewer

This is one random purchase we saw online and it has turned out to be one of the most fascinating purchase we made. It complemented our digital locks well.

gallery_64133_568_98982.jpg

and here is a front view of our main door....

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_64133_568_150.jpg

Guest room

Guest room built in wardrobe is also ready. As is a guest room... so keeping the room simple. No other major renovation works for the room.

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_64133_568_109329.jpg

Other things that were up includes window grille and curtains, which i am super satisfied as well. You will be able to see them in other pics soon.

Hi,

Do you have the link of the peephole viewer? Does it have video recording function or just image capture?

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you have the link of the peephole viewer? Does it have video recording function or just image capture?

Thanks!

I actually bought it from qoo10. I know quite a number of readers from this renotalk forum got theirs from TaoBao instead, at a cheaper price of course.

Qoo10 seller will request buyers to pickup from their store and they will test the product when you are there. http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DIGITAL-PEEPHOLE-VIEWER-WITH-DOORBELL/415113722?selectedOptions=

There are 2 kinds selling on the store, one with video recording, the other no. I choose the one with video recording and they will give u a free SD card. Haven tried the video recording function yet but reviews i read previously mentioned that the recording needs to be initiated and last for few short minutes.

• Like 1

Installations

Fan

As mentioned in one of my previous thread, the fan was bought from Tampoi Lightings with a doubtful quality. Engaged a super experienced fan installer, Erik to check on whether the fan is suitable to be installed. Erik mentioned that the fan is a designer fan which will not pass singapore quality check due to the weight. Apparently, in singapore flats, ceiling fans weight are limited to a certain weightage and my current designer fan is way too heavy. It is also slightly lower than other ceiling fans which are suitable for the singapore market. Nonetheless, he promised to do a safe job for me and here it is:

gallery_64133_568_127324.jpg

Erik managed to balance the fan using his OWN balancing kit (cause my box even tho mentioned balancing kit provided, but it was not included!!!) and my fan is literally 100% free from shakes and vibrations. Excellent 5 star skill performance by Erik. I was extremely pleased with the fan now. Enjoying the breeze....

Dining Area Lamp

I only made 3 purchases from tampoi, the LED changing lights which came with missing wires and dumped, the fan which i am pleased with after installation and last is this dining lamp. It turned out good too!

gallery_64133_568_27489.jpg

gallery_64133_568_64408.jpg

Digital Door Locks

Also, my locks are up. For both door and grille. Personally, i'm pretty much enjoying the convenience of no keys now. Properly installed and working fine. The gate one has no handle while the wooden door comes with a handle.

gallery_64133_568_68873.jpg

gallery_64133_568_180814.jpg

Digital Peep Viewer

This is one random purchase we saw online and it has turned out to be one of the most fascinating purchase we made. It complemented our digital locks well.

gallery_64133_568_98982.jpg

and here is a front view of our main door....

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_64133_568_150.jpg

Guest room

Guest room built in wardrobe is also ready. As is a guest room... so keeping the room simple. No other major renovation works for the room.

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_64133_568_109329.jpg

Other things that were up includes window grille and curtains, which i am super satisfied as well. You will be able to see them in other pics soon.

Hi, mind sharing what brand is the digital peep viewer and where did you get it?

Foyer & Dining Area

Reno for the whole premises has already completed and we have been enjoying our stay in our new home for a month. Will update on all the rest of the reno in retrospect now.

The whole hall area in the flat is a wide and long L-shape, after a lot of deliberation, we have decided to segregate the space between the dining hall and living hall. Of course, with the help of our contractor who helped us out with the design and space planning... herewith below are photos of the dining and foyer area.

This is the built-up partition, the front part close to the front door is the concealed store-room aka bomb shelter.

gallery_64133_568_163029.jpg

With the furnitures and TV in...

gallery_64133_568_206699.jpg

A picture of the dining and foyer..

gallery_64133_568_91429.jpg

Full height shoe cabinet cum storage

gallery_64133_568_198296.jpg

Living hall and Bar

As the name of the blog suggest, the bar.........

Living hall end product. There are actually 2 TVs mounted back to back, one facing the living hall, another behind facing the dining hall. Some gaps added into the console design so that we can still see what is going on behind at the dining area.

gallery_64133_568_126595.jpg

The walkway towards the rooms and also to the dining.

gallery_64133_8_121721.jpg

Our bar in the making.

gallery_64133_8_35840.jpg

Done up bar with colour changing LED cove light as well as decor lamp.

gallery_64133_8_81202.jpg

and here is another view of our simple bar counter. Grab a drink and onto the sofa.

gallery_64133_8_92242.jpg

The bright red bar stools are in as well as our 2 bartenders.

gallery_64133_8_14873.jpg

Completed Master BR and Toilet

The flush wall.

gallery_64133_8_39212.jpg

another angle.

gallery_64133_8_81312.jpg

TV console in the bedroom, decorated with Polaroid photographs.

gallery_64133_8_23292.jpg

The hidden TV behind the sliding door.

gallery_64133_8_66776.jpg

M.BR toilet to continue in next post.

The vanity area, including a set of deep sea blue colour matching sink and fountain tap.

gallery_64133_8_266809.jpg

Our blue theme master toilet.

gallery_64133_8_43331.jpg

This is the feature whereby my boy has been enjoying the most. BATH-TUB with overhead LED rain shower.

gallery_64133_8_89821.jpg

Kitchen & Yard

Finally, we are almost to the final part of the reno journey... and here is the kitchen.

Basically, we left the whole kitchen design for contractor, YL, to decide. We only told him what kind of space we needed and all is left for him to plan. We are pretty much very satisfied with the kitchen he did for us.

The cooking & preparation area.

gallery_64133_7_63672.jpg

A picture taken from a different angle showing the wash area.

gallery_64133_7_19121.jpg

Our 4 door hitachi fridge. Central water heater is hidden inside the cabinet above the fridge.

gallery_64133_7_16641.jpg

The yard area. The door to the yard was moved to the center to make way for more cabinets in the kitchen. In the yard, not much reno works, other than changing the floor tiles and re-painting works. Here is our electrolux front load washer and gas dryer.

gallery_64133_7_58479.jpg

The opposite side of the yard from the washer where our pet stuffs are held at.

gallery_64133_7_48310.jpg

Common Toilet

For our common toilet, we were attracted to the dark grey brick wall at the showroom when we were there making our tile choices. Basically the sun shines directly into the common toilet through the toilet window vent daily, so our common toilet is usually very bright even without lights. With that, we weren't worried that the toilet will become too dark even if we were to choose a dark coloured tiles.

Pictures here...

The rainshower column consisting of 6 spa function. The one in my master toilet has 5 functions, the missing one is the waterfall function which this one in the common toilet has it.

gallery_64133_9_78919.jpg

The dry area at the common toilet where we have a small vanity area.

gallery_64133_9_59789.jpg

A close up look of our sink and tap.

gallery_64133_9_48667.jpg

In order not waste the extra space at the dry area, YL suggested storage cabinets for washing detergents, toilet rolls and so forth.

gallery_64133_9_101803.jpg

gallery_64133_9_35368.jpg

Edited by G_luv_M

Overall, we had a very pleasant renovation journey with our contractor, YL. We left almost all the designs for him to do it and we only told him what we wanted and what he has to look out for. He delivered the final product to us mostly, if not all, to our satisfaction. We were pretty laid back as this is our 2nd time getting YL to renovate for us and i would say, he has done a far better job this time compared to what he did for our first flat 5 years ago. Of course, this round, we also did much much more reno works, a complete over haul of an old 5 room flat. Now, every inch in our flat looks new and we felt so comfortable inside.

Other than YL, who was incharge of all the reno works, we also worked with a very reliable curtain maker, Mr Chew and his son who did all the curtain and blinds for us in 2 weeks despite his super busy schedule.

A very jovial fan installer, Erik who did a perfect non shake ceiling fan installation for us.

We were also introduced to a responsible grille installer, Mr A, who did for us a cat safe grille installation for our whole flat. All our wrought iron grilles has less than 7cm gaps. Our 3 naughty cats can safely roam around in the house with windows and doors wide opened.

At YL's recommendation, we also had a very very funny and chatty plumber Ah H, who did a perfect installation works for all our shower columns, tub, taps, sinks, water heater, bidets, bowls and pipes.

and of course... we were lucky to find a good lock installer online who installed for us our digital locks and a good worksmanship air con installer who installed all the 5 air con units in our flat in one day!

If you are wondering where we got our furniture and fixtures, furniture are from a shop in JB, malaysia. Yes is from malaysia!!!! Anyway, what we have in Singapore furniture shops are also from Msia, so might as well get them from the source directly. All my furniture in the house cost me not even Rm9k, meaning is around sgd4k or so only. I did not bring over any furniture from my previous premise. So, everything in the current flat is new.

Bathroom fixtures, ie, all taps, sinks, etc are from China sources via aliexpress website. As this is a sharing forum, i am ok to share contacts if any of u needed it.

If time permits, i will post up more live-in photos in time to come.

:good:

Edited by G_luv_M

• Like 1