Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jenny Tan

Need Advise About Kitchen Top

Hi All, im in dilemma of either getting Granite kitchen top or Quartz kitchen top. Can anyone share the experience with this two kitchen type? would need more practical experience to share about this two type of kitchen top as online info given seems commercial for me...

As we told our contractor that we would want Granite Kitchen Top, made in india ( Type: Black Galaxy- those with silver bits in the slab) , but contractor told us that we will need to top up additional of $300.00 (for 35ft kitchen top) if we choose this and told us that actually nowadays the Granite will also crack. So he offered us made in china Granite kitchen top (black), or Quartz with no additional cost.....

I read alot of good reviews from other countries about Quartz but i still have my reservations for quartz as the material is not 100% pure stone....

Do appreciate for your advise! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yeah, my contractor advised me against quartz because it is still synthetic. I'd say its a very mixed review. I went for the granite because of 'feeling'. I'd prefer putting my food on natural stones rather than synthetic material. Personal preference I guess. There's also a big hoo-ha over the radon gas. so.... safety to my family and my stomach.. granite!

http://homerenovations.about.com/od/kitchencounters/a/QuartzVsGraniteCountertops.htm

for your reading.