Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Eventide

Kitchen And Bathroom Ideas - 4A Resale Corridor Flat

Hi,

I've just purchased a 27 year old resale flat, 4A model. My floor plan is below.

I don't intend to hack any walls, though I am open to changing the door directions.

My queries are:

1) The kitchen has its internal space eaten up by the toilet, the rubbish chute and also the storeroom. What would you recommend as a feasible layout for the sink, cooker/hob and washing machine? The chute is currently covered over by the sink that was moved right over it (old reno style). Should I leave it open, or create a "yard" with making a L-shape with the sink sticking out. However, that won't leave me much space with walking since the toilet extrudes into the kitchen floor space.

2) Both the toilets for MBR and common are on the smaller side. The big ugly Y shape pipe is only in the common toilet. How can I create a spacious enough shower area, preferably with glass door or screen for the MBR toilet and/or common toilet?

Thanks in advance!

2r5wxa9.jpg2r5wxa9.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not sure if my comment came too late. I had the same floor plan as u. And i do recommend the hacking of the store at kitchen and rebuild one using the 3rd bedroom space. Yup, u get a small room but it will open up the kitchen. In fact i had the kitchen wall hacked off too. Make the whole place bright and airy.

Paiseh, i keep suggesting to hack when u stated tat u didnt plan to. :P

When it comes to kitchen and bathroom, this is the most epensive part of the house to remodel. And considering the budget cost, I'm sure there are many people out there who are earning for this.