Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi tiyiz21, your place is very nice and design is very unique. I like the way you redesign your bedrooms and bathrooms layout at the 2nd level. I think by doing so, your master now gets the city view rather than facing the park.

your 1st level also seems to be an complete overhaul. You have created a bedroom actually here and also changed the orientation of your staircase. Interestingly, you made use of the recess area and ultilty room to create the dining area.

Thumbs up! it would be exciting to see how the end product look. Jia you!!

Heya Potatoes, thanks for the kind words, this was actually a combination of two of the proposed designs. we like the lower floor for one design and the higher floor for another design. So we asked if we could combine both and here we are. :-)

The rest of the IDs i went we more conservative thus having the layouts that didn't appeal to us during the selecction phase.

Also with 9 people in the house + a pet, we need to look for innovative ways and not look like a carbon copy of others.

Hi,

Do you mind telling me how much is the design fee?

Hi Vincent, our designers are butterpaperstudio. We call them BPS for short. I am not too sure if its appropriate for me to do that but what i can say is that its 4 digit sum.

Their site is http://butterpaperstudio.blogspot.sg and you may want to reach out to them to find out more. Not too sure if their charges are different for different types of flats, thus it would be best for you to ask them to get a more accurate answer. They will also help to liaise with their contractor on any requirements or changes to the design, advise you on furniture selection and many others with respect to the renovation.

Edited by tiyiz81

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

31st March 2015

We dropped by the house on Saturday (29th March) to take a look at the progress as well as to bring our kids along to let them see the state of the new place and we found that the most of the walls had been hacked, debris cleared and walls are being built to re-align the spaces.

View from the kitchen to the main door

6D4FE3B4-01C7-42C3-ADF9-641F0A2AE0BB_zps

Erecting a wall to cover up original entrance of kitchen

5DBBFD1D-37A0-4BE5-916C-55853147C705_zps

View of the wash area on the lower floor that we are converting into a squeezie toilet...

1C28E25C-2326-4E18-B954-B0A8FFF5B1F6_zps

Partial removal of the roof (we will remove the roof for the balcony). We are intending to have an open air balcony but with kids and a cat, we need to be careful on what we need to do to prevent any accidents. Thankfully we have found a solution and will provide photos once we have it installed.

EEB96D11-7478-4F1A-9067-C506308FE819_zps

View of what would have been impossible if we did not hack the two toilets.

6DF5A00A-69FE-410E-AD4C-95D75B3AF943_zps

Contractor wrongly hacked the original toilet wall thus he is rectifying it by building the wall back again.

586963AB-964C-465C-9517-D5B016C77957_zps

We are still awaiting the hacking of another major wall and we are expecting for tiling to begin as well this week. Will provide more updates when we get to visit our home...

6th April 2015

The wall that we would want to hack is still up, i believe awaiting HDB approval. Some photo updates to show our progress.

New Windows are UP!!

0BDE44AA-BF3B-4B85-9462-7D6D833C2C9C_zps

Walls for the 2nd Floor toilets are up as well.. taken on an earlier visit

E8D91101-9540-42CF-BF77-BB152A73C803_zps

Framing for new doors

4641DD8D-68FE-4826-AD05-B2A87069E302_zps

Balcony Roof is OFF!

424F9CDF-0339-457C-BCBF-92BE2E3858EA_zps

Pictures of the toilets

E2FC5F3A-E4FF-4DA5-A4B0-9D19C9637948_zps

50A9D299-E2E9-474B-AF8B-3A7FDBFD79DF_zps

Hi! Looks exciting and the original floor plan is almost exactly the same as mine.. also a Corner EM (with access balcony purchased). Will be interesting to see your progress. Mine is 70% done, hopefully yours will turn out well!

Sorry for the late response guys... was caught up with some unfortunate incident and was out of the game for a few days.

Will hope to update the thread in due course.

Hi! Looks exciting and the original floor plan is almost exactly the same as mine.. also a Corner EM (with access balcony purchased). Will be interesting to see your progress. Mine is 70% done, hopefully yours will turn out well!

Hi Doris, Thanks for the kind words.. I certainly hope so too!!

Hi,

We have the same ID. Your progress looks good.

Heya Harriette, yeah, we did follow your progress in Renotalk as well.. They have very interesting ideas to help us accommodate our situation. Thats why we chose them....

18th April 2015

Its been about two weeks, since our last update.... and lots of things happened during this period. Some unfortunate while some others the opposite. Wasn't able to upload photos last week so ill be uploading the ones that we got to take yesterday as well as today.

FINALLY!! GODDAMNIT!! the hacking of the outside wall is settled but we are faced with another dilemma, there is a a RC Stiffener right smack in the middle of the proposed dining area.

You will not be able to miss it since its the only structure left.

4D9F6598-3301-4D32-85A2-E6C4D191E86F_zps

So what do we do now? Well we have some ideas but something may have to be re-arranged.

Goddamnit HDB, why wasn't it shown in the freaking floorplan!!

On the hindsight, its very bright now. I do not know if i should LOL or Boohoo...

Well... moving on,

Tiling has started for First Storey!!.. We are using Porcelain Wood Tiles... if i am not wrong.

8AD96718-E67C-4FFA-A2F8-2141CB369C04_zps

Rooms upstairs are being plastered....

840E72A8-B7DB-4629-8C2F-A6405B2DEE3B_zps

View of the balcony parapet made good from the Old MBR

93D1D69A-326E-446E-929B-3F43503FAF76_zps

View of the Downstairs toilet, Ventilation holes...

3C686F6F-99E5-487D-AA8F-4FF3ABC3D45E_zps

19th April 2015

Dropped by the house again today to carry out some measurements in preparation to purchase the WC and got some photos.

This is how the entrance of the how is looking now...

No door, just a piece of canvas covering the door frame....

63E84773-A6FE-40B9-BD48-4AB56FE92078_zps

Tiling works still in progress...

B9894E51-26B6-46B0-88C8-74870C9E6567_zps

Went up to take measurements in the toilets above..

Looking down from the Old MBR, found that the balcony had been screeded.

So much potential here... can't wait to realise what we were looking for.

56372CD0-6B55-4C6A-ABFD-B355A6B915C1_zps

Windows installed in the toilet.

Not much space to sit and ponder about plans to take over the world in the loo...

83596582-7D5D-4E47-BFF3-405CD0A5F21C_zps

That's it for the week i guess.... Updates to be coming in mid to end of the coming week.

False ceiling, electrical and hopefully completion of tiling... And yeah... what do we do with the RC stiffener...

26th April 2015

It has been about a week and we are getting quite excited about the progress... things are taking shape and we are hopeful it gets into super full swing soon...

Kerb done up to straighten entrance... Our flat is filled with slanted lines...

1C34E916-C6B8-47A8-95B8-A455CD64A1C3_zps

Tiling of living completed till recess area

B06CE30A-9E96-4F7B-B85F-ABCCD64D62A8_zps

Subway Tiles up in the kitchen

08D95C9D-9CA4-4F94-AC42-BF02D17153A4_zps

Partition coming up in OMBR

0B60E386-3506-412D-AE0E-EB6593AD9004_zps

False Ceiling done up in toilets

BED44F09-1B70-49B6-A705-302F4EA800F1_zps

L Boxes for all upstairs room almost complete

B4170D14-1F3F-4988-A868-3DCB6EA9421B_zps

Painting, electrical and partitions to be done up this coming week.

Bathroom fittings as well as some other products have been purchased as well. Hopefully we can upload some pictures soon.

Hi and welcome to the neighbourhood, both potatoes and I live across the carpark.

Plenty of schools and other amenities in the area, but I am sure you already factored that into your purchase decision. If you own a car, you may have to go to Bishan HDB branch office in person to purchase a season parking lot.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome to the neighbourhood, both potatoes and I live across the carpark.

Plenty of schools and other amenities in the area, but I am sure you already factored that into your purchase decision. If you own a car, you may have to go to Bishan HDB branch office in person to purchase a season parking lot.

Good luck!

Hi cleong, thanks for the welcome. Haha... on the school, for our kids, we moved from Sengkang so that we could get nearer to my wife's old school, not in Serangoon though.. Amenities as well haha... tell you the truth, we go in without caring too much about MRt or anything. We kind of liked the place.

A lot of the places near amenities were asking for prices that we do not think are worth paying for so give and take i guess. Ill try to swap the parking via the HDB App or by calling them, if its impossible then no choice will drop by Bishan Branch office. Been there a couple of times to purchase the recess area...

Edited by tiyiz81

You can go to myhdbpage, under my vehicle and transfer the season parking to the new parking area via your preferred date. :)

Edited by Whalegaga

Normally you can do that, but when I applied to transfer my season parking over via the online portal, the request could not go through because the carpark allotment for season parking was full. Therefore I need to go to the Branch office and show some paperwork (cannot remember which), proof I was staying there. HDB staff said priority is given to the first car of each unit in such full situations.

You can go to myhdbpage, under my vehicle and transfer the season parking to the new parking area via your preferred date. :)

Yeah... hopefully i can do that..

Normally you can do that, but when I applied to transfer my season parking over via the online portal, the request could not go through because the carpark allotment for season parking was full. Therefore I need to go to the Branch office and show some paperwork (cannot remember which), proof I was staying there. HDB staff said priority is given to the first car of each unit in such full situations.

Yup... i had to do that for my old place when i finally got a car. had to go down to HDB branch and plead my case.

Best part is i got the carpark adjacent to mine as my basement carpark was fully booked.

We will see how things goes.