Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DOng87

Wood Grain Like Tiles

Dear all,

Anyone used woodgrain like tiles from hafary for the house and the results are good?

I received a batch of woodgrain like tiles from hafary and according to my contractor, the tiles will be uneven if they lay it like the parquet.

Can I know who uses this woodgrain like tiles from hafary recently which I would like to know the batch/catelog number which i could change with hafary that particular batch of good tiles.

Appreciate it!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

what your contractor says is true. tiles, no matter how even they look, will be bent a bit.

u can take the leveling tool and test the tiles. 90% will be warped..

and since wood grain tiles are smaller in size, therefore it will be more uneven. BUT, dont worry, the uneven is also quite negligible.

Yes, my contractor showed us a picture that he has helped his client do it and the unevenness is very obvious that you can see.

Are your tiles also from hafary?

I am using this Italian wood grain tile from Hafary:

*REMOVED*

No problem whatsoever.

There are a few rules you need to abide:

a) Try to use 60 cm or shorter tiles. These have fewer problems with unevenness. In fact, they are so even you should insist on random arrangement of tiles for the best look.

b) Get the tiler to use high quality shims when he is laying the tiles. This ensures even grout spacing. Go for the minimal allowed spacing.

c) Choose grout color so that it is nearly the same if not darker than the tile color. NEVER go for lighter colored grout.

d) Avoid long tiles from China. Known for issues with unevenness.

e) If you like long tiles, make sure the tile edge line from one row to the next never exceeds 30% of the tile length. Hafary has a similar guideline with pics to illustrate this.

If you follow rule (e) the uneveness should not be obvious unless you pick long tiles from China.

Hope this helps.

I am using this Italian wood grain tile from Hafary:

http://www.hafary.com.sg/collection/Tiles/Artistica%20Due%20-%20Avana?id=360ℑ=2306

No problem whatsoever.

There are a few rules you need to abide:

a) Try to use 60 cm or shorter tiles. These have fewer problems with unevenness. In fact, they are so even you should insist on random arrangement of tiles for the best look.

b) Get the tiler to use high quality shims when he is laying the tiles. This ensures even grout spacing. Go for the minimal allowed spacing.

c) Choose grout color so that it is nearly the same if not darker than the tile color. NEVER go for lighter colored grout.

d) Avoid long tiles from China. Known for issues with unevenness.

e) If you like long tiles, make sure the tile edge line from one row to the next never exceeds 30% of the tile length. Hafary has a similar guideline with pics to illustrate this.

If you follow rule (e) the uneveness should not be obvious unless you pick long tiles from China.

Hope this helps.

hey, do you mind sharing the cost of the tiles? looks great!