Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bdwmmwdb

Water Pressure On Top Floor

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check if the top floors in new BTOs have the same issue as older HDBs where the top floor generally has low water pressure. I just collected my house keys not long ago and am deciding whether to install an instant heater or a tank heater. TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi dear,

Based on PUB requirement, usually water supply depend on the AMSL of the building. For example as below:-

- Not exceeding 25 metres direct supply to fittings from PUB mains.

- Above 25 metres but not Indirect supply through exceeding 37 metres high level water storage tank.

- Above 37 metres Indirect supply through low level water storage tank with pumping to high level water storage tank.

Usually water pressure for high level will be more than enough as the water supply is from roof top.

• Like 1

AMSL (Above mean sea level) of the building can obtain from surveyor, called topographical survey plan.

Thanks, Jason008! :)

I think mine's the "Above 37 metres Indirect supply through low level water storage tank with pumping to high level water storage tank" given that my block is 26 floors high.

Hi dear,

no mentioned. I am pretty sure the waterpressure is sufficient. Just ensure u get the right rain shower head will do. :good:

• Like 1

I stay in top floor unit at level 13th. The water pressure is as high as my previous 11th floor unit. There was once the water pressure was low, and hdb conractor later found out that it was due a a faulty water pump unit in the roof top. I also had the same water pressure concern initially so I installed an instant water heater with pump in common bathroom, which increases the water pressure by ~20%. If you intend to use overhead rain shower, then the hdb water pressure will not be strong enough.