Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joannaaa

Is This Quote Reasonable Or Overpriced?

Hi all

Im getting my BTO 4 room flat keys soon and i have no experience in renovation or whatsoever

This is the quote i received from 1 ID that pm me here on this forum

Supply labour to construct motar base for 24ft cabinet, washing machine and fridge- 650

Supply materials and labour to lay 600x600 homogeneous tiles for living room- 3240

Supply materials and labour to lay 600x600 homogenous tiles for master bedroom -1740

Supply materials and labour to lay 600x600 homogenous tiles for bedroom 2 - 1250

Supply materials and labour to lay 600x600 homogenous tiles for bedroom 3 - 1250

Supply materials and labour to construch 2x shower kerb - 180

Supply labour to install 1x storage heater - 100

Supply labour to install 1x kitchen sink tap - 100

Supply labour to install 2x set toilet accessories - 80

Supply and install 1x fix & 1x swing tempered glass showerscreen at master bedroom toilet - 400

Design and construct L Box, false ceiling for living and dining - 1500

Design, fabricate and install L32ft top and btm kitchen cabinet with solid plywood in laminate

finish, ABS trimming and motion control system with 1 chest drawer + stainless steel dish rack -3840

Fabricate and install L24ft solid surface kitchen worktop - 1920

Supply labour to install cooker hood & hob - FOC

Design fabricate and install L7ft casement wardrobe in HPL finish and motion control system at

master bedroom- 1750

Design fabricate and install 6ft casement wardrobe in HPL finsh and motion control system at

bedroom 3 - 1500

Design, fabricate and install full height L8ft tv feature in HPL finish **** room - 1520

Design, fabricate and install L8ft suspended tv console in HPL finish **** room - 1040

Design, fabricate and install L7ft suspended tv console in HPL finish at master bedroom - 910

Supply labour to paint whole house (max 5 colours) Nippon or ICI - 1300

Haulage and clear debris 300

Chemical Washing -250

Total of $ 24820

Please help advice tyvm!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi joan, my comments:

Price for tiles are ok... but now with the compulsory pre-packed screed ruling you may also consider getting laminate or vinyl flooring for the bedrooms.

Not sure why the id quote you "24 ft" of solid surface kitchen worktop. Usually 10-15 ft would do. But price in terms of per foot run is ok - at $80 pfr. You may also want to consider other materials for kitchen worktops, such as granite, quartz, kompacplus etc, if heavier cooking is involved. Meanwhile, consider doing some form of backing for the cooking area of your kitchen wall.

For the quotation of casement wardrobe (i.e. the doors open outwards), the price can get you sliding ones if you prefer that. I like how the id termed soft closing hinges as "motion control system". :P

Do continue to look for more quotes and compare the items quoted. All the best!

hi ,

think d price ok, plus minus 1-2k...at least not those people 29k,32k....
but kitchen top 24ft so long? use quartz its better....scratch n heatproof...

wardrobe can go for sliding too.....

kitchen cabinet better to use blum hinges, my friends one, already spoil after 1 year.

any free gifts haha? my contractor comes with hood, hob, toilet accessoiries total to $5k.

check with him la. as long as u are comfortable n happy, ok liao.

take care....

Ya, prices wise should be ok. But better to get get some know one, or friend's friend. My friend's friend Just did a good job for my new flat at yishun. For his good job and services, i can recomamed u. Hope can benefits all :) cheers