Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ceestar

A Renovation With 2 Tales

Here, I would like to side track a bit from my renovation journey and just share something that might be of interest to some (dependent on your beliefs). But have to put disclaimer first. What I am going to relate is purely our own personal experiences. I'm not trying to do any sales talk, advertising or advocating anything.

So, we were really down in morale after being scammed of our hard earned money. We couldn't stopped cursing our bad luck for meeting such a black sheep scammer ID. After engaging Nic's help on completing the renovation, it so happen that Nic has a very good buddy, Nelson who is a Taoist Priest who offers services such as fengshui consultation, fortune telling, rituals etc. Nic suggested to us to seek out Nelson to see if he can help to improve our luck. To be honest, we are not those very superstitious people but we went along with Nic's suggestion cos we were saw no harm in doing so and also partly out of our curiosity.

So on a particular afternoon, we paid Nelson a visit. With the use of a gold deck cards, Nelson read and foretold our fortunes. I would say that some of the things foretold were pretty accurate. We also got Nelson to come to our unit for "Geomancy Site Survey" and perform some rituals which involves Nelson walking around the unit, ringing a handheld bell while chanting some incantations.

Ok, so here's the part where its up to one to believe or not. A week after this "sell ice-cream" session (Nic's nicknamed it cos its like those ice-cream sellers ringing the bell and attracting customers *LOL*), our unit number actually came out exact in the 4d consolation price! A few weeks later, the same set of numbers came out exact yet again in the consolation price! Mysterious and intriguing right?! But hahaha, in any case, just to let you know, for both occasions, we didn't strike as we forgot to buy, LOL. We got a earful from Nic for missing it but it was an interesting experience. To be honest, we did feel that our luck turned better and we are more at ease and peace in our mind. Also, a lot of uncles and aunties actually queue up to seek Nelson for lottery numbers and fortune telling due to his excellent "track records". Ultimately, it is still up to individual beliefs.

So thats the end of our mysterious encounter with Nelson.

Back to our renovation, all our carpentry was up within 2 weeks! For the first time in a long while, we smiled like kids getting new toys as we check out our unit! That feeling is really awesome!

Edited by Ceestar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Like many of renotalkers here, we also bought many stuffs for the new house from online platforms such as Taobao, Aliexpress and Amazon. The savings are really worth it!

Here, I will just share the stuffs that we bought.

Gosh, it was only when I'm compiling the item list that I realized we actually bought so much!

gallery_70631_838_5704.jpg

gallery_70631_838_32529.jpg

gallery_70631_838_58135.jpg

HI, Can pm Renoguyz Nic ctc ?

Cheers

Hi, PM Sent.

Hi nice purchases there!

Can u share links for the study table, computer chair and dining ware set. Tks in advance!

Hi,

Study Table - It seemed that the study table is no longer on sale. Anyway, I don't recommend it as the quality is so so and the assembly was quite tedious without any instruction. Have to refer to the sub par video guide on its sales page. Nevertheless, I have provided you an alternate link with almost the same design from the same seller.

Computer chair

Dining ware set 1

Dining ware set 2