Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EisMann

Drain Pipes In Toilet Or Kitchen, Can Be Allowed To Be Concealed In Hdb Flat?

G'Morning.

This is my first posting after spending sometimes reading the recommendations for ID.

For those who have renovated their (HDB reale) homes for the past 1 year, were you allowed to conceal the drain pipes in the toilet or kitchen under the floor tiles?

Few months back, a HDB officer inspected my toilet after my neighbor complained of water leak at his ceiling. He told me that the concealed drain pipe not allow. And each toilet only to have one floortrap or opening for water to be drained away.

I stay in my current place for 17 years. Before I moved in, I asked the contractor to restrict my 2 toilets to have wet areas not more than 1/2 of the floor space. So there are shower curbs and screens and relocation of the washing sinks. My permit had HDB's approval then.

Yesterday I discussed with an ID, he told me it was ok to have concealed pipes in both toilets or kitchen.

As much as I like to have concealed pipe, I like to do it right because I plan to stay here as long as I live without the headache of looking for new place or having hacking or major renovation again.

If this topic has being discussed before, please direct me to the link(s)

Thank You

EisMann

Edited by EisMann

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why not allowed as such won't inconvenient to neighbour?

Putting a removable tile on top will do.

Bepgof,

Do you mean lay the drain pipe on the floor and design a "box like" to cover the it or have a recess just dig enough for the pipe but just cover with tiles with no cement?

Can you elaborate on this?

Thank You

EisMann

Edited by EisMann

I have my kitchen's washing basin drain pipe 'buried' under the tile and discharge direct to the floor strap. The washing m/c's discharge pipe also 'pop' into this floor strap.

In both toilets, these drainage pipes also buried under tile then discharge to floor strap (stacker).

The balcony has a vertical pipe and a floor trap. I cover the pipe with wooden wall, covered the floor trap with granite tile.

Why is the problem?

Edited by bepgof