Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
devilwangel

My Resales Flat Quotation, Acceptable?

Hi,

I was quoted the following quotation for my resales EA by my ID, please advise if the quote is acceptable.

Thanks.

Demolition Works $ 3,000.00
HDB Renovation Permit Application & Processing
Dismantle and dispose existing kitchen cabinet
Dismantle and dispose bedroom wardrobe
Dismantle and dispose existing built-in at 3 bedrooms
Dismantle and dispose existing built-in **** /Dining
Hack existing kitchen floor tiles
(Note : Existing Yard floor to remain for overlaying)
Hack existing 2 toilet floor tiles
Dismantle and dispose existing Sanitarywares
Hacking of existing whole house ceremic skirtings
Hacking of existing wall tiles at Kitchen Yard
Wet Works / Vinyl Tile
Supply and lay 5mm Vinyl floor tile **** / Dining and 4 bedrooms come complete with skirting $7,070.00
Supply Labour and submaterials to overlay existing 2 toilet wall with 600mm x 300mm porcelin tiles
(Designer Décor inserts are charged separately) (Price of tiles at $ 2.60/sqft and below ) $2,600.00
Supply labour and submaterials to lay 300mm x 300mm Heavy Duty Non Slip tiles on floor at 2 toilets $1,500.00
Lay waterproofing membrane at 2 toilets floor prior to laying floor tiles $300.00
Supply Labour and submaterials to overlay existing kitchen wall with 600mm x 300mm porcelin wall tiles
(exposed kitchen walls only)( Designer Décor inserts are charged separately) (Price of tiles at $ 2.60/sqft and below ) $2,740.00
Supply labour and submaterials to lay 600mm x 300mm Heavy Duty Non Slip Homogenoues tiles on floor at Kitchen $1,500.00
Supply labour and submaterials to lay 600mm x 300mm Heavy Duty Non Slip Homogenoues tiles on floor at Yard come with skirtings $800.00
Cement Screed 3 nos walls at Yard $ 700.00
Construct cement bases for Fridge , kitchen cabinet and washing machine only $500.00
Construct 2 nos Shower Kerb $180.00
Shower Screen / Door
Supply and install 1 no. fix panel at Master toilet $ 250.00
Supply and install 1 set Classic door and 1 no. timber door frame $450.00
Supply and install 2 nos Toilet Aluminium Bi Fold Doors (Top Hung Tracks) $500.00
Electrical Works (Partial Rewiring works ) $3800
Re- Wiring at Kitchen and Yard
Re-wiring at 2 toilets
Re-Wiring at Master room (Come with 5 nos new light points )
Rewiring at Daughters' room (come with 4 nos new light points)
Rewiring of switch and power points at new room
Labour to change down lights **** / Dining room
Rewiring of power points only at TV wall **** room
Rewiring of power points only at Mum's TV wall
Changing of remaining existing old Switch housing only
Labour to install 2 nos new ceiling fan ( 1 **** room , 1 at Daugher's room )
(Note : Other Existing power point housing to remain)
Plumbing works
Re-run stainless steel pipe at kitchen and 2 toilets only (Cold water only) $ 700.00
Supply labour to install 1 no. kitchen sink and tap $150.00
Connect inlet and outlet pipings for washing machine and kitchen sink $250.00
Supply labour to install toilet accessories $100.00
Supply labour to install 2 nos. WC bowl $200.00
Supply labour to install 2 nos wash basin and taps $ 160.00
Supply labour to install 2 nos. instant heater $160.00
Carpentry Works ( Core material shall be solid plywood)
At Kitchen
Design and construct (14.5 ft Top / 10 ft Bottom Kitchen cabinet come complete with $ 2,695.00
* soft closing doors
* a chest of drawers
* Doors with ABS edging
* Spoon tray
* "Excel" soft closing mechanism for doors only ( does not include drawers )
Supply and install L10 ft solid surface worktop $ 650.00
(Optional : Supply and install "Single" profile Quartz Worktop at $ 1200)
Design and construct L4 ft full height casement wardrobe in laminated finish at Son's bedroom $880.00
Design and construct L 13ft Walk in Wardrobe come with Polygem finish carcass $2,600.00
Supply and install 1 no. L2 ft x full height mirror on partition wall outside walk-in $180.00
Design and construct L 6ft Full height Shoe rack in laminated finish $1,740.00
Design and construct a Low height Bench come with lower storage in laminated finish next to Main door $350.00
Design and construct L 11.5ft Low Height TV Console in laminated finish $1,727.00
Design and construct L 3ft Tall Storage Unit next to Tv console in laminated finish $ 840.00
Design and construct L 4 ft Divider at Main Entrance $ 1,500.00
Design and construct 1 set of Vanity Counter come complete with Solid Surface Worktop $1,100.00
Design and construct wall to wall mirror come with 2 sides storage cabinet only $800.00
Design and construct L23 ft Recess Cabinet come with doors and frame only ( no shelving inside) $ 2,186.00
Ceiling works
Construct L- Box cum partial false ceiling works at Master room entrance ( Walk in no ceiling works) $ 780.00
Construct L- Box cum partial false ceiling works at Daughters' room $ 550.00
Construct Partition wall for New room come with 40 kg Rock Wool $480.00
Construct Partition wall for Walk-in wardrobe ( w/o rock wool) $400.00
Others
Chemical Wash ( 2 times ) $500.00
Provide haulages & debris clearing services & necessary protection on new floors $900.00
Painting of whole house using Nippon Vinilex 5000 series ( Max 8 colours including white ) $1,800.00
Provide necessary Site protection $ 150.00
Total after discount = $46,888

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi D, just wanted to share my renovation experience. Going through the process has been a real eye-opener for my husband and I. The short-listing process, the design process, the material selection process ... it really got quite tiring after a while.

But thank God for our ID - who also has real hands-on construction experience - who is helping us to achieve our dream home step-by-step. As I am still half-way in the process, I can't comment on the carpentry work. But if you are looking for a responsible and meticulous ID, I think you can give my ID a try. His tiling work stunned us ... I'm not sure how long it usually takes to complete the tiling process ... but ours took a good three to four days. I was really happy with the result when I saw how seamlessly the tiles were placed. We have just completed our ceiling and we are equally impressed!

I will say upfront that my ID's quote is not the cheapest in the market, and he does not offer freebies. We actually picked him over three other cheaper quotes as we value his workmanship and his integrity (especially on the tiles as I have seen my friend's tiles exploded)! One of the little things he did was to cover our tiles and front door and room doors with loads of 'no smoking' reminders all over.

All in all, my renovation process has been exciting yet peaceful. If you will like to meet my ID, you can PM me.