Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sunnyshannie

Together We Build Our Home

gallery_71156_917_154319.jpeg

As above is my lighting plan by my ID.

I always hear prepare to spend a sum on lighting especially you are doing false ceiling cove lights. Yup, I will be doing cove lights in the living room as I really the cosy effect even though I heard things like this will be the hiding place for lizards . I guessed my Husband and I have to be more diligent then.

As mentioned , we check out the at one of the shops in expo for down lights . It was going for 35 for 12w. Woah based on our lighting plan, we need at least 22!

Luckily for us, hub Friend is going in Malaysia the next day, we hitched a ride in to see our lights. Due to time constraints, we only managed to visit Best Lights .

It was so much cheaper !

I also visited sglighting in Ubi recommended by a lot of people. It's one of the cheapest in Singapore.

Price gathered as below:

Best Light - Square led downlight 12w from Taiwan - 19rm ( sadly they don't have enough time stocks for me, so we didn't get any)

I'm sure to go in again!

Sglighting - Square led downlight 12w from China - sgd 16

As we are doing cove light we need Led t5 , luckily we managed to get this at best light.

Best Light - 4ft led t5 -19rm

Sg lighting - I can't remember its $16 or $19

We also managed to get crystal chandeliers at 380rm.

These are all we managed to buy for short hours in jb.

We sure will go back jb to get our down lights and hamburgers light. Most probably we will drop by Tampoi this time round .

Edited by Sunnyshannie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
One of my colleague are using the Hitachi R-VG560P3MS fridge, he review been very positive. So I think you make a right choice.

Great! Thanks for assuring us. We keep thinking between Hitachi and Samsung 2 door fridge . Now I feel better!

Finally the Reno is going to start in a week time!

Can't wait to share the 3D, hopefully we can finalise soon as we keep doing repeated rectification. The drafter or the ID just can't get it right.

Been really busy over the last few weekends shopping for furniture and electrical appliances.

So far we have settled:

1. Hitachi Fridge (Pic as above)

2. Electrolux 8kg Washing Machine (Pic as above)

3. Half Leather L-shaped Sofa

We choose in full gray color so that it can suits our theme. It has manual slider as automatic is more ex. They come in 2 sizes, we choose the 2.42m length.

gallery_71156_917_65877.jpeg

4. Dining Table: we chose something that looks like marble top

5. Coffee table

gallery_71156_917_240707.jpeg

6. Sleepnetics Health Plus King size mattress + bedframe

We went to Lucky Khoon as recommended by our ID whom he say he worked with many years. The stuffs are not that cheap compared to Hoe Kee where we went last week to see. As Hoe Kee didn't recommend us any cheap hob and hood package , the one this lady quoted us are all $800+ packages. So when Lucky Khoon into us this Hob and hood by Fujioh at 699 excludes gst, we thought it was cheap and we bought it. Lucky, they do not have blanco sink so we only bought Hob , hood and built in oven from them.

After that we went over to Hoe Kee to buy my sink as we are doing sink support , the ID want us to buy the sink first. I'm not sure why too. I checked out the Hob and hood that I bought at Hoe Kee, omg they offer the same price inclusive of gst. Which means I bought the same hob and hood at Lucky Khoon at 747.93 but Hoe Kee selling at 699. I maybe able to neg for better price at hoe kee since I bought my sinks, basin and water heater from there. Haiz... I take it as I support my ID lor.

My kitchen appliances

Blanco sink. My favorites buy in Hoe Kee as I have been aiming this for a long time...

gallery_71156_917_161721.png

Matching Tap to go with.

gallery_71156_917_139681.png

Master Sink

gallery_71156_917_30951.png

Common Sink

gallery_71156_917_17356.png

Hob & Hood

gallery_71156_917_27962.png

gallery_71156_917_46580.png

Cant wait to get everything done :sport-smiley-018:

OMG Reno is so much more hectic than marriage preparation. Basically Our weekends are all burnt for Reno stuffs.

Finally we have our 3D from the ID. Honestly , this is the 3rd draft but they just can't seems to capture the laminates we chosen. We kind of accept it because the back and forth of editing the 3D takes up a lot of time. Every edits, they need ard 1.5 wks to get back to us. So not to delay the reno start date, we proceed ahead.

To share the concept:

gallery_71156_917_145797.jpg

gallery_71156_917_302594.jpg

gallery_71156_917_201368.jpg

gallery_71156_917_263863.jpg

gallery_71156_917_184907.jpg

gallery_71156_917_67288.jpg

Help me decide which colour combi will be better for MBR. Only the wardrobe colour :)

A:

gallery_71156_917_36763.jpg

B:

gallery_71156_917_124996.jpg

This are all based on the initial laminates we chosen. Most probably we will reselect the laminates except the shoe cabinet & bomb shelter are.

Finally we start our reno on the 23rd Nov, estimate to complete on the first week of Jan. Hopefully we have some buffer period for the preparation of Chinese new year :)

so these are all what happened in the last 2 weeks.

gallery_71156_917_14663.jpg

Aircon Trunking. After comparison, we decided to engage All Best to fix up our Air con (system 4 - Living 24k btu, 9k each for mbr, room 1, 2 and 3). We topped up for 2 installations visit.

I guessed it's quite common to do box up in the living room. We topped up another 550 for box up in the living room and MBR.

gallery_71156_917_12018.jpg

gallery_71156_917_78790.jpg

Electrical and Ceiling are up too.

gallery_71156_917_52955.jpg

Like everyone mentioned, not all reno is smooth process. We met ours recently. As you can see we decided to build a study room out of the living room. My husband took charge of that and decided to build up to 1.1m to be the same as the kitchen half height. When I went to take a look yesterday, I felt that it was too high. Now we have to incur extra charges to reduce the height from 1.1 to 0.9m. Haizzzz and worst the tiler said that it may not as beautiful as the original one as he built that from scratch.

Like everyone mentioned, not all reno is smooth process. We met ours recently. As you can see we decided to build a study room out of the living room. My husband took charge of that and decided to build up to 1.1m to be the same as the kitchen half height. When I went to take a look yesterday, I felt that it was too high. Now we have to incur extra charges to reduce the height from 1.1 to 0.9m. Haizzzz and worst the tiler said that it may not as beautiful as the original one as he built that from scratch.

Maybe you can consider keeping it at 1.1m?

Reno really will have unforeseen circumstances that will jump at us.

Yea I agree with yakult! Moreover since it faces the kitchen so if you build it lower you might lose a little "sense of balance" in the design?

Yea I agree with yakult! Moreover since it faces the kitchen so if you build it lower you might lose a little "sense of balance" in the design?

I decided to reduce the height to 0.9m. I went to take a look yesterday again and felt uncomfortable with the height. Hope the tiler can try his best to smoothen it like it brand new *finger crossed.