Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thingsell

Anyone Use Lg Wd14331ad Washer&dryer ?

Hi. May I know where did you get the price of $989 for the LG washer/dryer.

I saw it sometime ago in courts ( they were having a christmas sale ) and it costs $1129.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got the exact same model of LG washer/dryer at $899 at HN Millenia Walk about 2 mths ago. HN was having a warehouse sales at expo at that time and tis model was having promotion. I did not make my purchase at expo but went to HN Millenia Walk to ask for match price and the salesperson agreed. Of course, eventually I got my other electrical appliances from him as well at good deal.

Wah... $899 is a good price... Just went to BD @ taka... Selling at $1120... The SE somehow mentioned the price quite fixed already... And of cos I'm just getting a WM and a Fridge... Any bros can give review on LG WM??? LG like better buy than Electrolux

Wah... $899 is a good price... Just went to BD @ taka... Selling at $1120... The SE somehow mentioned the price quite fixed already... And of cos I'm just getting a WM and a Fridge... Any bros can give review on LG WM??? LG like better buy than Electrolux

That 'fixed price' thing is BS in this case lah. U ask BD for match price mostly cannot (so far tried few time and only 1 able to give 'better' price on LCD TV and 1 on HTS). Those mega store like HN/BD etc know that we will not get from them if they maintain their price so they (some) will lower their price or try to 'match' price (earn lesser better than nothing).

As for the lucky draw or gift etc, you will not have them when given the 'better' price. Also, they will only be able to give 'better' price if you get more items from them. For my case, I have 2 LCD TV, 1 HTS, 1 fridge and 1 WM, total about $6600 :) .

Review for LG WM? Unknown, just try my luck :good: .

I have a question for forummers using LG Tromm washer/dryer (Model: WD14331AD). As all this while i have only been using the washer function, therefore, i've no idea how much time it'll actually take to do washing cum drying. I tried doing tat yesterday and only realized tat (to my awe :bangwall: ) it takes around 4-5 hrs to complete the cycle. After tat, i couldn't even open the door to remove my load cos the indicator prompted a message tat said 'Cd', which is not mention in the user manual. I figured it means the machine is cooling down or watsoever and left it undisturbed for another 1 hr. Still the message remained and only after manually powering off the machine, then i was able to open the door & remove my clothings. Has anyone encountered anything like tis before? Care to give some advice. :bangwall: TIA

I have a question for forummers using LG Tromm washer/dryer (Model: WD14331AD). As all this while i have only been using the washer function, therefore, i've no idea how much time it'll actually take to do washing cum drying. I tried doing tat yesterday and only realized tat (to my awe :bangwall: ) it takes around 4-5 hrs to complete the cycle. After tat, i couldn't even open the door to remove my load cos the indicator prompted a message tat said 'Cd', which is not mention in the user manual. I figured it means the machine is cooling down or watsoever and left it undisturbed for another 1 hr. Still the message remained and only after manually powering off the machine, then i was able to open the door & remove my clothings. Has anyone encountered anything like tis before? Care to give some advice. :bangwall: TIA

Hi fcp,

i called up LG and check abt the 'cd' msg u mentioned. it actualy means 'cooling down'. and will need abt 4hrs to cool down the whole function. The person suggested that if wan it to cool it faster, can press the stop button and off the power for 10mins. then can open the door le.

can i have yr feedback on the general washer?

Hi fcp,

i called up LG and check abt the 'cd' msg u mentioned. it actualy means 'cooling down'. and will need abt 4hrs to cool down the whole function. The person suggested that if wan it to cool it faster, can press the stop button and off the power for 10mins. then can open the door le.

can i have yr feedback on the general washer?

Hi cath,

Really appreciate yor feedback :yamseng:. So i m not wrong afterall, it really means the machine is cooling down. But 4hrs of cooling down time really sucks. To answer yor question, so far i m still quite satisfied with the washer part. Washing time seems pretty ok (around 1-1.5hrs) if u select a moderate temperature like say 30-40 deg celsius and the load turns up pretty clean too if not tat heavily soiled. Havn't tried the pre-wash function yet. First time using frontload washer. Still experimenting and hopes tis machine don't disappoint me..hahaa

Oh btw, does washing & drying really take up tat much time (4-5hrs), not including the cool down time wo? :bangwall:

Edited by fcp

Hi cath,

Really appreciate yor feedback :good:. So i m not wrong afterall, it really means the machine is cooling down. But 4hrs of cooling down time really sucks. To answer yor question, so far i m still quite satisfied with the washer part. Washing time seems pretty ok (around 1-1.5hrs) if u select a moderate temperature like say 30-40 deg celsius and the load turns up pretty clean too if not tat heavily soiled. Havn't tried the pre-wash function yet. First time using frontload washer. Still experimenting and hopes tis machine don't disappoint me..hahaa

Oh btw, does washing & drying really take up tat much time (4-5hrs), not including the cool down time wo? :good:

i think u might have overload your dryer... thats why took 4-5 hrs :good:

i have this LG too. it has a built-in sensor, and if your load is not dry, it will extend by half hr intervals...and con't to do so... until it 'sense' that your clothes are dry. i think the max is 5+hrs :lol:

do u wash full load clothes (8kg) then dry the same amt of clothes (8kg) or u take out half load?

yep, "CD" means "Cooling Down", i normally dun wait for it to CD and auto off as it takes too long (unless i totally forgot about the laundry. keke), i juz power it off, according to the LG people, its fine to do so. and yes, the door cannot be opened right away (takes about 1 min), initially i find it quite irritating, now i'm used to it.

i think u might have overload your dryer... thats why took 4-5 hrs :sport-smiley-018:

i have this LG too. it has a built-in sensor, and if your load is not dry, it will extend by half hr intervals...and con't to do so... until it 'sense' that your clothes are dry. i think the max is 5+hrs :notti:

do u wash full load clothes (8kg) then dry the same amt of clothes (8kg) or u take out half load?

yep, "CD" means "Cooling Down", i normally dun wait for it to CD and auto off as it takes too long (unless i totally forgot about the laundry. keke), i juz power it off, according to the LG people, its fine to do so. and yes, the door cannot be opened right away (takes about 1 min), initially i find it quite irritating, now i'm used to it.

hmm.....problem is i've no idea how to gauge between a 8kg or 4kg load leh..hahahaa :deal: i simply aga-aga wan, so tat day when i was using the dryer i actually had 2 sets of SAF uniform and few other pieces of tshirts & shorts....dunno will all these amt to >4kg anot? i oso saw tat my wm tub still got plenty of room leh.

anyway, tink i'm not going to use the dryer tat often unless really neccessary.

thank u guys for all the feedback :notti:

hmm.....problem is i've no idea how to gauge between a 8kg or 4kg load leh..hahahaa 8| i simply aga-aga wan, so tat day when i was using the dryer i actually had 2 sets of SAF uniform and few other pieces of tshirts & shorts....dunno will all these amt to >4kg anot? i oso saw tat my wm tub still got plenty of room leh.

anyway, tink i'm not going to use the dryer tat often unless really neccessary.

thank u guys for all the feedback :yamseng:

when u put your clothes in, dun compress them, juz throw in, then when almost reach the top, that should be about full load or slightly lesser already. if your load is only half, then u can do altogether no problem. if u overload your washer, it will indicate... if u choose the options 'synthetic' or 'cotton'.

Current user of LG Tromm 8kg front load w/m for the past 9months. I must say the washer is good and washing at 60 degrees does clean your soiled clothes with ease. Never try 90 degree thou... :sport-smiley-018:

As for dryer, it does not matter if your tub is half empty or full. The sensor will auto detect the total weight of the spinned dry clothes inside... Overloading will cause the dryer to go on for a long long time... Try to keep to the designated weight of 4kg when using the dryer function... !!

Hi cath,

Really appreciate yor feedback :yamseng:. So i m not wrong afterall, it really means the machine is cooling down. But 4hrs of cooling down time really sucks. To answer yor question, so far i m still quite satisfied with the washer part. Washing time seems pretty ok (around 1-1.5hrs) if u select a moderate temperature like say 30-40 deg celsius and the load turns up pretty clean too if not tat heavily soiled. Havn't tried the pre-wash function yet. First time using frontload washer. Still experimenting and hopes tis machine don't disappoint me..hahaa

Oh btw, does washing & drying really take up tat much time (4-5hrs), not including the cool down time wo? :bangwall:

anyone still uses this washing machine, recently just got a new Wd14331ad, realise that the water usage is pretty high, around 10 pails of water, is there any setting that i did wrong?? usually what setting u all used for general washing ??

anyone still uses this washing machine, recently just got a new Wd14331ad, realise that the water usage is pretty high, around 10 pails of water, is there any setting that i did wrong?? usually what setting u all used for general washing ??

I am using the same machine but doesn't look like its using 10 pails every wash.

(didn't actually route the pipe to pails so may be wrong)

My guess more water usage if you set to "Rinse+" or added "Pre-Wash".

For daily washing I use the "Quick 30" mode.

I only use the cotton mode when I launder bedsheets or towels.

I've had the LG for a month and am happy with it.

Really shopped around and did homework.

Considered Electrolux and Bosch.

Being a techno early adopter geek, fell for the direct-drive.

If the thing conks out, I can use the motor to make wind turbine.

Didn't need the dryer feature but this model was on sale at 899.

Surprisingly was cheaper than the washer only model which has selling at abt 1100.

$200 less get 1400rpm plus dryer feature summore, so no brainer lah.

What I like-

DD motor.

Quiet even spinning at top speed.

Built and feels like a European washer.

Price

What I don't like-

Child Lock Function*

Disables all buttons except "Power".

Problem is this button is in the same row and looks just like the other buttons.

Tried using the dryer function just to check whether it works.

Clothes have sulphur like smell (Dryer smell?)

Takes too long.

Electricity consumption. (Heating things up always suck more juice)

But I don't mind if the dryer functions suck.

Singapore has free sunshine all year round.

Clothes dried under the sun always nice and crispy and sunlight is the best antibacterial agent.

*There's an LG reviewer who complained the child lock function doesn't work.

Everytime he puts his kids inside the machine they manage to get out.

Edited by cromodora