Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

3 minutes ago, ricepapergirl said:

Hi Butterkups!

Congrats on your EM and looking forward to your T-blog! :D PM-ed you!

Thank you so much for your help! i hope my house will turn out to be nice like yours! :) 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thank you for your reply! make i know how much you paid to plaster the walls and ceiling pls? i am currently renovation my EM and thinking to do the same! just wanted to check the cost before making any decisions. thank you in advance! 

2 minutes ago, yellowteacups said:

thank you for your reply! make i know how much you paid to plaster the walls and ceiling pls? i am currently renovation my EM and thinking to do the same! just wanted to check the cost before making any decisions. thank you in advance! 

Hi yellowteacups!

We paid around $3.6k for plastering. Not sure whether it's considered cheap or not lol.

Day 77: 99% finished?

So far the only things left on our Andrew-to-rectify/do list are to change the utility room window (prob next week), tighten the laundry bracket screws and to fix the nursery door (a bit hard to close). Everything else has been crossed off! Our living room wall was painted yellow on Friday and the staircase railing was also painted.

Also, we managed to unpack the last box yesterday, and pulled off the dust covers for our living room and dining room chairs. I think we're at 99% done (some more small deliveries for storage stuff in the kitchen, need to get two more dining chairs, storeroom racks, balcony furniture, need to buy pesky medium size bathroom 3M command strips and rubber bottoms for our wooden bathroom shelving etc etc)

I probably should go around with a camera hahahaha. So glad to be completely moved in!

Preview picture of our living room? :)

IMG-20160612-WA0003.jpg

@ricepapergirl after read your post for the dyson v6 mattress, yesterday me and hub went to IMM to check at BD for this item and really amazed with the suction power :o or maybe amazed with dyson suction power....superr powerrr then the staff let us see their small "mattress" sample spoiled coz his friend demo the max suction on it Lol... The staff really helpful in explaining the difference of each dyson vacuum (to bad we forgot to asked his name), and both of us like okay we sold by Dyson. But in the end bought it at lazada :P we bought the V6 motorhead

15 minutes ago, pankponk said:

@ricepapergirl after read your post for the dyson v6 mattress, yesterday me and hub went to IMM to check at BD for this item and really amazed with the suction power :o or maybe amazed with dyson suction power....superr powerrr then the staff let us see their small "mattress" sample spoiled coz his friend demo the max suction on it Lol... The staff really helpful in explaining the difference of each dyson vacuum (to bad we forgot to asked his name), and both of us like okay we sold by Dyson. But in the end bought it at lazada :P we bought the V6 motorhead

Nice! Yeah I failed to mention that suction is quite scary sometimes. My husband has had a chouchou old small pillow from when he was a kid and we still put it on the bed, and the first time I used the V6 on it the old internal covering for the filling tore from the vacuum! That was the last time we used it on the pillow lol. Might sew on another layer of covering for the chouchou and try to vacuum from there...

Hmm my handphone camera not that great. Oops. Preview pics of the kitchen?

DSC_0138_2.jpg

In the morning when still a bit dark so the lights are on. View from the kitchen doorway!

DSC_0139_1.jpg

Better picture of the cooking area, my Rinnai hob and Fujioh hood, and the Bosch oven (still completely untouched!) My condiment racks just appeared in the mail yesterday so I'm glad to finally get my oils and stuff off the counter!

DSC_0140.jpg

The view from my "service yard"/windows of the oven to the left and the sink area.

DSC_0141.jpg

Dunno why my photo super foggy -_-. Sink area + food prep area, various hanging towels and my new fridge-side rack with recipe books and paper towel holder!

A showed me a pic of your kitchen today during our meeting! I was like eeeeh I've seen those cabinets before...We were discussing about subway tiles. I asked if I could get cabinet doors with grooves like yours but he say cannot if using laminate haiz

10 hours ago, gumbokins said:

A showed me a pic of your kitchen today during our meeting! I was like eeeeh I've seen those cabinets before...We were discussing about subway tiles. I asked if I could get cabinet doors with grooves like yours but he say cannot if using laminate haiz

Hahaha awww. Yeah I remember my husband said Andrew came over the other time and also took a photo of our kitchen. :D But yeah, we also had a long talk about kitchen cabinet doors after they were installed and he was talking to me about how it was really difficult for contractors/carpenters like those he uses (or anyone else) to fabricate doors to the standard that Ikea can in terms of grooves etc, and even how detailed the grooves are. I've seen some of the carpenter-created shaker style doors and they are usually quite simple wood planks on top of laminate, you can't get the moulding/groove style look that Ikea Bobyn doors give you, because those are fabricated in a factory somewhere at high volumes etc so they can afford all the work that goes in.

Ultimately I was interested in Ikea more for the price than for the shaker style doors etc but it was a nice benefit to it.

1 hour ago, JohnJohn said:

You've really got a beautiful kitchen ricepapergirl!

Aww! Thank you for your kind words! Still waiting for the weekend so that I can pull out a better camera and take pictures of my house in the day, on weekdays I only see it in the morning and after it turns dark lolweep.

On 13 June 2016 at 2:15 PM, ricepapergirl said:

Day 77: 99% finished?

So far the only things left on our Andrew-to-rectify/do list are to change the utility room window (prob next week), tighten the laundry bracket screws and to fix the nursery door (a bit hard to close). Everything else has been crossed off! Our living room wall was painted yellow on Friday and the staircase railing was also painted.

Also, we managed to unpack the last box yesterday, and pulled off the dust covers for our living room and dining room chairs. I think we're at 99% done (some more small deliveries for storage stuff in the kitchen, need to get two more dining chairs, storeroom racks, balcony furniture, need to buy pesky medium size bathroom 3M command strips and rubber bottoms for our wooden bathroom shelving etc etc)

I probably should go around with a camera hahahaha. So glad to be completely moved in!

Preview picture of our living room? :)

IMG-20160612-WA0003.jpg

Love the colours! That sofa is gorgeous!