Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AnnieTheSuperMummy

2Nd Opinion Needed On Bad Carpentry Worksmanship

Hi all

I'm having problem with my interior designer, in particular, the worksmanship of the carpentry.

I've chosen high gloss white laminate for my tv console backdrop and high gloss black laminate for my tv console tabletop. When I was choosing material, I specifically asked the ID whether the material will cause obvious unevenness. He guaranteed that the material we chose was a thick laminate and wont be uneven.

But when the tv console was done up, the unevenness and 'bubbles' on the surface was sooo obvious. (Not sure hw to attach a photo here)

Feedback to my ID and he said he will talk to the contractor. After abt 1 month and many chaser calls, my ID replied saying that the contractor said 'it's like that one'.

I refused to accept this. I told him if needed, we should get a 2nd opinion from another indepedant contractor to assess if it's a worksmanship problem or material problem.

But where can I get such service?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i dont get you when you say uneveness and bubbles.If bubbles means the laminate did not stick properly?In any case to change the laminate is not a complicated job.Strange that they cant rectify