Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
style88

Which ID goes to site to check before quotation??

Hi all,

After meeting up with 3 IDs recommended in this forum, I was astounded that none of them actually offer to check the house for further design ideas and details before quotation. The SOP is to give them the floor plan, tell them what you are looking for, and then they come out with the quote. The problem with this SOP is that without looking at the house, how can the ID value add in terms of ideas or to validate what the owner wants can be implemented? If this is the SOP, wouldn't it be better for the owner to get a  contractor directly? The contractor will definitely go to site, listen to what the owner wants and can validate or even offer advice on the spot what can be done or improved.

Quoting without looking at the house will certainly bring out potential dispute down the road. I thought the value of ID is to improve upon the owner's ideas and bring out maximum value and design beauty within the owners budget.

So the question is this.....anybody knows of any ID who at least take the trouble of visiting the house to give  design inputs before quotation? if you have, please ecommend them to me.

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm, most actually do not step into the actual house. Cause most know the house at the back of their hand. You want I can PM you the ID I know who does excellent work! 

1 hour ago, DarrenLimSG said:

Hmm, most actually do not step into the actual house. Cause most know the house at the back of their hand. You want I can PM you the ID I know who does excellent work! 

Can pm me the ID, still looking for one, thank you.

Sure.  Will PM you the contact. Do feedback here if he does a good job for you. Not sure which company he's at now. Last I heard, he struck out on his own. After even Bryan Wong approached him for designs. 

I am in the midst of engaging IDs as well. I have approached 5 so far and 3 have done site visits. For the first appointment, we went their office to discuss the layout plan and bounce off ideas, second appointment is to go to the site and third appointment is the delivery of quotes. Is your unit a resale? Might need to highlight when sending over the floor plan as in most cases for resale, the floor plan would not reflect the actual unit.

If you want to know the 3 who have done site visits before quote, can PM me and I can share with you. We have not engage any of them yet, still in the midst of gathering quotes.

I think you should look for contractor instead.

ID quote are usually high & they does not really have much experience.

you can PM me for more information

I thought of engaging contractor before, but 2 of my friends, the contractor cannot be found. They usually do not have any shops or showroom. 

Somemore sibeh sian, need to lias with ourselves when we are not in this line somemore. What to do....