Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goose

2 ways 3 gang switch - Help

Hi Guys,

I need some help here.  I screwed up my wiring for the 2 ways gang switch when I changed the switch.  When I turn off one of the switch now, one set of the lights did not fully turn off.  I can see very dim glowing light in the dark.  What did I do wrong?

There are 2 set of walls.  A and B.

Wall A comes with 3 set of 3 wires.  I assume 1 is for the com, 1 is for L1 and 1 is for L2. So wall A fit in nicely for the 3 gang.

Wall B comes with 8 wires.  I fit in the wires for L1 and L2 for the 3 gang but I discovered that there is only 1 wire for com.  I link up all the com using a short wire and left with 1 additional wire.  I plug the additional wire into one of the com pot.

It took me 1 whole day to get the switch working because I forgotten to label the wire before removing it...  sort of getting it to work...  I can turn off and on the light from both end of the wall but just 1 gang of the light is not completely cut off when I turn off the light.

What exactly did I do wrong here that one of the gang is not cut off when I turn off the light from both side of the walls?  Please help with many thanks.

Regards,

Titus

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request