Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainbobo

ID or Contractor?

Hi all, I will be collecting my BTO key end of this year (hopefully), and now start planning about the renovation matter. 

Any tried hire contractor do renovation work directly before? care to share your experience? Any pros and cons? 

I already had some ideas in mind how to renovate my flat and i am not going to spend too much on the fancy deco, i am looking for more user friendly, simple design and more storage space. 

• So in this case, is it a good idea if i just hire contractor directly to do the work??  Actually how much can we save if we skip using ID? 

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Rainbobo, I'm like you deciding to get an ID or contractor. just share my experience as my house is doing renovation now, IMO is to get an ID is like getting a project manager to manage your renovation job, so you need to pay extra for their service.  But if you so lucky to get someone not very responsible (who I encounter before) you should know the problem and hiccup they can give it to you. So this time I directly contact a contractor as I'm like you know what I want. Then a lot of things / matter you need to handle yourself especially when your house is old and is a pte condo.  As for your case since it is a new BTO I think shld be okay not so much surprise.  But then if you can take every hiccup / heat attack as part of the learn process then it shld be okay.  Just shared my experience / thought  . :)