Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

if anyone has really gone to level 41 or even 42, the view is really breathtaking especially with the calm that you experience, really shiok.

had that opportunity in the earlier days when it wasnt locked, if now still got opportunity, let me know okie ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
if anyone has really gone to level 41 or even 42, the view is really breathtaking especially with the calm that you experience, really shiok.

had that opportunity in the earlier days when it wasnt locked, if now still got opportunity, let me know okie ;)

wah..i would like to go up and see see too~ I only went to suntec summit before..hdb summit should be more interested especially when our area only has this 40-storey tall building...

wah..i would like to go up and see see too~ I only went to suntec summit before..hdb summit should be more interested especially when our area only has this 40-storey tall building...

Went up when it was just built and the door not locked; nothing fantastic. Almost same view as from home, except 'abit' higher lor.

hi guys got something to ask haha... how do i activate my doorbell?

Erm, you need to go buy a doorbell to install it first?? :unsure:

oh..... i guess im not too good with such stuff haha i was still wondering if there's any switch i have to activate so it will start working. Thanks!

oh..... i guess im not too good with such stuff haha i was still wondering if there's any switch i have to activate so it will start working. Thanks!

haha..and remember to install batteries into the doorbell that you bought...silly me forgot that and thought the thing is faulty! :bow:

No need to activate anything - the switch outside your door is just two wires that you need to connect to the doorbell. If you are renovating your house and engaging an electrician, just buy a doorbell and give it to him to install lor.

haha..and remember to install batteries into the doorbell that you bought...silly me forgot that and thought the thing is faulty! :bow:

Haha...what a joke right?? I had done silly things like that as well. Maybe our generation is really lousy handyman; I still go running to my dad when my lights are out.

Erm to qualify abit, changing of bulbs I know how to change lah, but its the ballast that's spoilt and that got me daunted. I had been living with a dark kitchen for the past two weeks liao...no time leh... :(

Haha...what a joke right?? I had done silly things like that as well. Maybe our generation is really lousy handyman; I still go running to my dad when my lights are out.

Erm to qualify abit, changing of bulbs I know how to change lah, but its the ballast that's spoilt and that got me daunted. I had been living with a dark kitchen for the past two weeks liao...no time leh... :(

if you trust me and if you already have a replacement ballast, i can help u

haha...sometimes abit too blur liaoz...but ballast for normal florescent bulbs is still quite easy lahz...especially the ring kind...just open up and you will somehow figure out the connection. Anyway, deepakvali has also volunteered to help you... :)

if you trust me and if you already have a replacement ballast, i can help u

I wana learn also leh!

Hmmz ok ask u ah, the ballast is screwed onto the light holder, which in turn is screwed on the ceiling. So should I take out the entire holder and change the ballast? Total got 3 ballast to change leh, after that I will have a stiff neck man!

ok sir, actually not complex, there should not be a need for you to remove the entire light assembly.

however, please turn off your electrical mains via MCB prior to doing any electrical works.

on the ballast are two sets of wirings, one set is Input from Electrical mains and there will be L-N-E (typically the E will be grounded to the metal chasis of the light housing), when you replace, just remember to identify which wire is which and re-attach onto new ballast accordingly.

the other set is the Output to your lighting, if it is flourescent, there would be 4wires, just have them attached back to the ballast accordingly.

it is that simple ;)

if you ask me, since it is down, why not take this opp to have it replaced with electronic-ballast, then you can do away with the classic starter and lights start without any flicker - supposed to be more energy efficient too (runs cooler)

side note - did all 3 ballast fail from the same light housing or are they different light housings? it is very peculiar to have 3 ballast failing. food for thought, could there be another cause resulting in all 3 ballast to fail so close in time?

hope the instruction helps

ok sir, actually not complex, there should not be a need for you to remove the entire light assembly.

however, please turn off your electrical mains via MCB prior to doing any electrical works.

on the ballast are two sets of wirings, one set is Input from Electrical mains and there will be L-N-E (typically the E will be grounded to the metal chasis of the light housing), when you replace, just remember to identify which wire is which and re-attach onto new ballast accordingly.

the other set is the Output to your lighting, if it is flourescent, there would be 4wires, just have them attached back to the ballast accordingly.

it is that simple ;)

if you ask me, since it is down, why not take this opp to have it replaced with electronic-ballast, then you can do away with the classic starter and lights start without any flicker - supposed to be more energy efficient too (runs cooler)

side note - did all 3 ballast fail from the same light housing or are they different light housings? it is very peculiar to have 3 ballast failing. food for thought, could there be another cause resulting in all 3 ballast to fail so close in time?

hope the instruction helps

Hey thanks for the advice!

I have two light housings in the kitchen, each with two ballast. One of the housings has both ballasts failed, while the other one has one failed. Is this odd?? The lights were installed since Aug'07...

well if u ask me it is pretty odd that 2 ballast in one housing can get killed so easily, typically excluding the non-wear/tear parts of the light assembly, the ballast is the most reliable with wear always on the light tube and starter only.

is the power rating right for the ballast and light tube, i.e. 32W ballast attempting to light a 42W tube. downard compatible it is but not upward compatible

well if u ask me it is pretty odd that 2 ballast in one housing can get killed so easily, typically excluding the non-wear/tear parts of the light assembly, the ballast is the most reliable with wear always on the light tube and starter only.

is the power rating right for the ballast and light tube, i.e. 32W ballast attempting to light a 42W tube. downard compatible it is but not upward compatible

Ok great you are getting me all confused now...??? Haha...

Hmmz if there is more to my problems than just changing ballasts, I think I will have an electrician over to check it out instead...