Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Change car? Don't dare to think man, things are still very volatile, and the retrenchment wind seems to be picking up.

Tks, just checked their website and it seems to be still there, long time no eat.

Read today's New Paper that a couple managed to bid for a $2 COE online for their new Volkswagen Beetle. Cool hor. How wish I can also bid for a $2 COE. If can get, will definitely get a new Jap car, Toyota Wish or Honda Stream.

Cheers.

Edited by skyspectrum

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Read today's New Paper that a couple managed to bid for a $2 COE online for their new Volkswagen Beetle. Cool hor. How wish I can also bid for a $2 COE. If can get, will definitely get a new Jap car, Toyota Wish or Honda Stream.

Cheers.

got to kill your statements abit, the S$2 COE was for Cat-A and Cat-A is for vehicles below 1600cc, which means the Toyota Wish and Honda Stream will not fall under this category

$2 COE leh .... Toyota Altis costs only $55+k .... likewise for Honda Civic ... petrol price now only $1.5/$1.6 .... not a bad choice to buy a car now .... but costs still very high .... hehehe ...

I just checked with Borneo, they priced Altis at $55K is non-guaranteed COE, based on COE premium of $2.

This means you can buy the car at $55K only if the next COE bidding is still $2, otherwise got to top-up or wait until COE becomes $2 again lor.

So IMO, want to buy car, still can wait. I simply don't believe this is the lowest price yet, although the time is near...hehe...

Agents/Dealers are still suffering from disbelief and shock from the sudden downturn, they are now frantically trying to squeeze as much as possible from those who walk into the showrooms now. Just look at the number of automotive ads on the papers, TV and radios!

Once the crowd really becomes thin, THEN they will start to launch 'real' promotions to pull in the crowds.

before the freak coe, i was lookin at between 1 to 2 year old Cat-B car to replace my 3yr old Cat-B car, Dealers selling at ridiculously high price, no chance to get e car direct from owners, take in my price at decent value. Tot go compare similar Cat-B car but brand new, off course in terms of value, was similar to the resale units but take in my car at "lau sai" price.

fancy them offering you 60% off my new car price for 3yr old

knn....new car cheap, ur own car they take in at dirt hahaha :)

so i am keeping my car for probably a year or two afterall its super duper underutilised

Ok, got news for you all!

Managed to argue/fight/whine/cry/etc for our COP session, and finally we will be having a briefing on:

Date: 28 Nov 2008, Friday

Time: 8:00pm

Location: Blk 46-1 Commonwealth Drive, RC Centre (on top of THUM!)

There will not be any patrolling on that day, just a briefing by the police on how we should conduct COP sessions. Thereafter, we can always organise our own COP patrol sessions, as and when we like!

The police will also be telling us about a new programme that will get us more involved in community security and TERRORISM - *whistle* mai siao siao! I also first time heard about this...haha!

Lastly, the RC is keen to expand the 'purpose' of this COP thingy; we want it to involve not only security, but also hygiene, maintenance, etc. So other than police, we will also go ka-jiao other agencies like NEA, Town Council, HDB, LTA, etc. The chairman said this is the reason (or excuse?) why this COP session drag so long lor...

So those who had emailed/pm-ed me, all onz ah? Come for the briefing ok?? =)

Briefing still on hor?

Oishi pizza confirmed to be there. The rental shop really has a huge selection of shows...the most I have seen so far..but the price is also exorbitant...sadz...

Also, i tried the other japanese restaurant just beside the ice-cream shop...so so only lahz..

Anyway, see you guys tomnorrow at 8pm. I will try to be as punctual as possible cause got badminton game before that.

zirhk, you mentioned before that you are subscribing to Straits Times (for blk 91) only on weekends right? I tried calling the number that you provided some time back but it is invalid. Do you happen to have any other contacts whom I can ask around for reference? I am at Blk 89, but I gues they should know each other? Sorry for trouble and thanks in advance!

before the freak coe, i was lookin at between 1 to 2 year old Cat-B car to replace my 3yr old Cat-B car, Dealers selling at ridiculously high price, no chance to get e car direct from owners, take in my price at decent value. Tot go compare similar Cat-B car but brand new, off course in terms of value, was similar to the resale units but take in my car at "lau sai" price.

fancy them offering you 60% off my new car price for 3yr old

knn....new car cheap, ur own car they take in at dirt hahaha :)

so i am keeping my car for probably a year or two afterall its super duper underutilised

To solve this, you can arrange to sell your car to exporters, i.e. the non-authorised sellers.

Usually you shd fetch a few grands higher. but more admin work to be done though. Cheers.

Oishi pizza confirmed to be there. The rental shop really has a huge selection of shows...the most I have seen so far..but the price is also exorbitant...sadz...

Also, i tried the other japanese restaurant just beside the ice-cream shop...so so only lahz..

Anyway, see you guys tomnorrow at 8pm. I will try to be as punctual as possible cause got badminton game before that.

zirhk, you mentioned before that you are subscribing to Straits Times (for blk 91) only on weekends right? I tried calling the number that you provided some time back but it is invalid. Do you happen to have any other contacts whom I can ask around for reference? I am at Blk 89, but I gues they should know each other? Sorry for trouble and thanks in advance!

Yes, i am also thinking to subscibing to Straits Times on Thurs-Sun only, cos more news on these few days (thicker ... hehehe). Not sure got such arrangements. Contacts pls. Thanks!

got to kill your statements abit, the S$2 COE was for Cat-A and Cat-A is for vehicles below 1600cc, which means the Toyota Wish and Honda Stream will not fall under this category

Yes, I knew that. What I am trying to illustrate is that if there is such a chance for Cat B COE to fall till $2, I will be one of those who will visit the Borneo or Honda showrooms. Think abt it. People to rush to buy Cat A cars, COE for this cat increases. How abt Cat B? Possible to fall below Cat A? hehehe ....

zirhk stays at Blk 89

Briefing still on hor?

Did you guys attending the briefing??

I just got back today (earlier at about 10pm actually) and missed you all so much, that's why posting at this time!

I hope everything went well?? :notti:

Hmmz sorry I had been giving out the wrong number; maybe he changed hp or what? I will try to find the receipt that they gave me every month to collect money and see if there is a tel no.

Yes, I knew that. What I am trying to illustrate is that if there is such a chance for Cat B COE to fall till $2, I will be one of those who will visit the Borneo or Honda showrooms. Think abt it. People to rush to buy Cat A cars, COE for this cat increases. How abt Cat B? Possible to fall below Cat A? hehehe ....

When the COE drops to $2 then you go and buy, isn't already too late??

The reported prices are those who had already bid and gotten the COE, not for those who are going to buy AFTER the prices are announced.

Its like your 4D number come out already then you go and buy...

The reported prices are those who had already bid and gotten the COE, not for those who are going to buy AFTER the prices are announced.

Its like your 4D number come out already then you go and buy...

Understood and noted. Maybe my English failed me this time. I am just trying to state the fact that IF I am so so lucky to be able to manage to secure a $2 COE for CAT B, then yes ... i am one of those in the showrooms in Leng Kee Road. of cos, you cant get that if already announced in the bidding exercise, just like our HDB flats .... but got to learn from Sat's papers that some car brands still offerin "$2 COE" ... those non-Jap brands ... u know what I meant ... hehehe .... rem to read the fine lines too. :dancingqueen:

Did you guys attending the briefing??

I just got back today (earlier at about 10pm actually) and missed you all so much, that's why posting at this time!

I hope everything went well?? :notti:

Yup, just a short briefing...the sargent got our addresses and occupation for reference...I think COP is ok with me...just that the sargent want us to join the RC first...so need to fill up any forms, khriz? :rolleyes:

sohzai, so sorry that i always tt ur name is 'alan'...hehe...paiseh paiseh :P

Yup, just a short briefing...the sargent got our addresses and occupation for reference...I think COP is ok with me...just that the sargent want us to join the RC first...so need to fill up any forms, khriz? :rolleyes:

Huh why need to join the RC first?? Hmmz I wasn't told about that, and from what I know, COP is for everyone, not just RC members.

Did he tell you guys about the training dates for CAP?

Oh ya...erm, you mean sohzai's name isn't alan?? Haha... :P:sport-smiley-004:

Me too, so embarassing.

haha..please...no worries at all... :)

Oh yah Khriz, TYM has given me a valid number..it's ok...thanks anyway~ :)

I think today afternoon the nex coe bidding will be out..so it's time to see if crazy singaporeans has 'fried" the price up....my guess...at least 5k? though the lower the better...haha...if this goes on, I gonna renew my coe...hehe..

Huh why need to join the RC first?? Hmmz I wasn't told about that, and from what I know, COP is for everyone, not just RC members.

Did he tell you guys about the training dates for CAP?

Oh ya...erm, you mean sohzai's name isn't alan?? Haha... :P:sport-smiley-004:

!!!! $%^#$%%^&

haha..did i introduce myself as alan? Sergeant Thomas was saying because NWZ is part of the RC, so if we join the group, he suggests that we join the RC. My guess is maybe he saw that our numbers are too small (3 of us)?

Oh yah..Khriz, may I check if the secretary of queenstown RC is a uncle? surname chen?

Edited by sohzai

haha..did i introduce myself as alan? Sergeant Thomas was saying because NWZ is part of the RC, so if we join the group, he suggests that we join the RC. My guess is maybe he saw that our numbers are too small (3 of us)?

Oh yah..Khriz, may I check if the secretary of queenstown RC is a uncle? surname chen?

I see. Well maybe the officer is trying to help the RC lor.

To be frank the RC chairman is keen to recruit you guys because you all are from the new blocks and he wants more representatives from here. But I told him to take it easy and let you all see how this whole community thingy works first; dowan to scare you all off! If you are ready, of course you are most welcome to join! It would be great to have more buddies from the same cluster to speak in the RC...

I believe you are referring to Mr Chan; he is the asst secretary. How did you know him, somemore know of his position on the RC?

Edited by zirhk3355