Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

perhaps the electrical wires in ur lights are thinner? i.e. not suppose to be used for such power rating. My electrician has actually used wires for downlight for my heater and my wires actually melted. that's just my guessing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

doubt its the thin wires that give rise to the damaged ballast but on the same topic, we had wires being fused together for my Halogen Downlights too, the ELCB only trips when the wires reach a certain temperature where the insulation starts to soften and looses its insulative properties.

why it happens, hahaha....partly my fault and partly contractor's. we had sound insulation (fire proof) fibres packed in our false ceiling and l-boxes as we didnt want it to be a source for sound resonance, in the end, the wires were so close to the light housing such that it heats up when the lights are on, however i doubt this anomaly is anywhere like what khriz problem. the contractor should have ensured the wires are away from the light housing while ensuring the sound insulation fibres are in place, anyway thats history leow

Last week or so on a Sunday morning, I saw a dark skinned skinny man (look like malay but may be a chinese) hitting and kicking his child at ground floor block 90....I suspect he is child abusing....when he looked at me, he continued hitting and kicking and scolding....so I guess he's quite a violent guy....anyone living around block 90, pls keep a look out...thanks.....I suspect he live on low floors as he may be chasing his child from low floor to the ground floor....

Regretted din take a video or report to police....maybe i lacked of courage....:(

Need to do the COP thing to train my courage liao...of course after my RT....

Thanks everyone...

Last week or so on a Sunday morning, I saw a dark skinned skinny man (look like malay but may be a chinese) hitting and kicking his child at ground floor block 90....I suspect he is child abusing....when he looked at me, he continued hitting and kicking and scolding....so I guess he's quite a violent guy....anyone living around block 90, pls keep a look out...thanks.....I suspect he live on low floors as he may be chasing his child from low floor to the ground floor....

Regretted din take a video or report to police....maybe i lacked of courage....:(

Need to do the COP thing to train my courage liao...of course after my RT....

Thanks everyone...

Is that some kind of subtle hint?? :unsure::unsure:

Don't mind telling you guys, I am also very frustrated over this; had been chasing the RC for updates as to when I can hold the first COP session but everyone is pushing me around...haiz... :furious:

Don't mind telling you guys, I am also very frustrated over this; had been chasing the RC for updates as to when I can hold the first COP session but everyone is pushing me around...haiz... :furious:

haha...khriz..I am sure most of us here are already thankful of the things you have managed to answer or change...don't fret...we neighbours (at least the few here) are not pushing you for anything... :)

Oh gosh, what happened? Anway, I'm still on Khriz....just that now I'm having my RT, very difficult to arrange a time, hope I'm not the one spoiling the 1st session.... :(

But no matter what, you have my support...我会永远支持你! :dancingqueen:

Oh gosh, what happened? Anway, I'm still on Khriz....just that now I'm having my RT, very difficult to arrange a time, hope I'm not the one spoiling the 1st session.... :(

But no matter what, you have my support...我会永远支持你! :dancingqueen:

Wahh, so touched!! I feel like the taiwanese variety shows, putting our hands together and shout, "jia you jia you jia you!!" :notti::notti:

sohzai, till now I think I had only been talking leh, no action yet. Usually I prefer to be judged based on what I had done, not what I had said. So akan datang... :sport-smiley-003:

Wahh, so touched!! I feel like the taiwanese variety shows, putting our hands together and shout, "jia you jia you jia you!!" :notti::notti:

sohzai, till now I think I had only been talking leh, no action yet. Usually I prefer to be judged based on what I had done, not what I had said. So akan datang... :sport-smiley-003:

Pai seh to say but me going RT too. But do let me know when there is a briefing for the COP thingy. If I am not mistaken, this COP thing was launched by Law Minister during his visit, so cannot die of natural death right?

Appreciate your effort for pushing things ahead thou... :yamseng:

Pai seh to say but me going RT too. But do let me know when there is a briefing for the COP thingy. If I am not mistaken, this COP thing was launched by Law Minister during his visit, so cannot die of natural death right?

I think he announced the Golden Eye thingy, ie COP for senior citizens. They probably want to occupy the old folks in our area lor...

Anyway, speaking of the devil, just received letter yesterday; tonight got last-min meeting. So I will bring it up tonight and see how it goes... :sport-smiley-003:

I think he announced the Golden Eye thingy, ie COP for senior citizens. They probably want to occupy the old folks in our area lor...

Anyway, speaking of the devil, just received letter yesterday; tonight got last-min meeting. So I will bring it up tonight and see how it goes... :sport-smiley-003:

Good luck! :thumbs up:

感激不尽...

Hmm...RT really kill our time hor......heard from those PTIs that RT is going to be wiped out in 1-2 yrs time....meaning no more RT even though you failed your IPPT....dunno true or not... :dunno:

Ok, got news for you all!

Managed to argue/fight/whine/cry/etc for our COP session, and finally we will be having a briefing on:

Date: 28 Nov 2008, Friday

Time: 8:00pm

Location: Blk 46-1 Commonwealth Drive, RC Centre (on top of THUM!)

There will not be any patrolling on that day, just a briefing by the police on how we should conduct COP sessions. Thereafter, we can always organise our own COP patrol sessions, as and when we like!

The police will also be telling us about a new programme that will get us more involved in community security and TERRORISM - *whistle* mai siao siao! I also first time heard about this...haha!

Lastly, the RC is keen to expand the 'purpose' of this COP thingy; we want it to involve not only security, but also hygiene, maintenance, etc. So other than police, we will also go ka-jiao other agencies like NEA, Town Council, HDB, LTA, etc. The chairman said this is the reason (or excuse?) why this COP session drag so long lor...

So those who had emailed/pm-ed me, all onz ah? Come for the briefing ok?? =)

Great! Anyone else who want to join, can pm me your details as well? This is just a small way that you can help out in making our homes a better place to stay in.

Like I said before, no big commitments, just a few hours of your time per month. Don't like it, can quit anytime. No bond, no contract, no penalty...hehe... ;P