Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Stream

Move position of WC

Hi,

Below is pic of my bathroom layout (this is not my actual unit but the HDB showflat unit with same layout. My BTO unit will be ready soon). The bathroom comes with dual entrances, from the bedroom and the kitchen, making it impossible to have wet/dry areas without doing some major reconfiguration.

As you can see, the shower point is right opposite my WC and too narrow to install a shower cubicle. I'm thinking of shifting and rotating (90 degrees) my WC so that it sits back against the adjoining wall (where the door entrance is). This will give me enough space to have dry/wet areas after sealing the entrance doorway ( I will use the other entrance from the kitchen instead). Note that the gap between WC and that wall is quite wide, about 50cm, I don't think it's possible to just rotate my WC and use back the existing sewage hole. I'm guessing that I need to run extension pipes from the new WC position, and they need to be laid with a slope, and not just horizontally, so some height clearance is needed.

I've thought of the following solutions:

1) Build a platform so that I can run extension pipes under it from the new WC position to the existing sewage hole. 

2) Or buy wall mounted WC. I'm guessing that this type of WC has a higher sewage outlet so that I can run extension pipes along the L-shaped corner to the existing sewage hole. I will just box up the extension pipes w/o any need to build a platform. Of course, I would need to box up back of the wall-mounted WC. 

3) Similar to (2) but buy those WC where the sewage outlet is situated behind the WC rather than at bottom of WC. I think they call it P type?

Can anyone advice on this? Or is there a better way?

Tks!

large.IMG_20161107_113731ed.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For HDB flat you shouldn't shift the WC or try pipe altering by additional fixtures. It is prone to jam. so wall mount wc is also out. even if u can wall mount it will make your bathroom even smaller.

u can only shift your basin and bath area. usually for this type of space, basin in front of wc and chop the entire area into two, the other side for bath. but there is a drawback, yr mirror is right in front of your wc and every time u do big business, you will see your own expressions which i find it very awkward and a no no no. personal preference.

9 hours ago, nobrain1 said:

For HDB flat you shouldn't shift the WC or try pipe altering by additional fixtures. It is prone to jam. so wall mount wc is also out. even if u can wall mount it will make your bathroom even smaller.

u can only shift your basin and bath area. usually for this type of space, basin in front of wc and chop the entire area into two, the other side for bath. but there is a drawback, yr mirror is right in front of your wc and every time u do big business, you will see your own expressions which i find it very awkward and a no no no. personal preference.

If I swap the basin & shower areas, is it possible to convert the existing basin water discharge pipe into a floor trap for the new shower area, and convert the existing shower floor trap so that it is used as a water discharge pipe for the new basin location?

Yes, u can, provided you redo your bathroom flooring. the main sewerage hole will not shift, the only lay pipes underneath to facilitate the flow of water