Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all, I realised i have not really given SDS a good write-up for his good work on my reno few months back.

Here it goes:

Our 8 weeks of renovation work has finally completed.. Although the journey was a bumpy one as we have expected, we are definitely delighted with the overall work which is completed on time with reasonable standard. We can't let another day go by without thanking you sincerely for your prompt and attentive service, especially during the post renovation rectification work which we have encountered now and then.

You have always been upfront, honest and open in your advice and quotation to us, which is the key consideration to us as we chose to work with you after our first meeting. Service like yours is rare in this business these days, and we do not want our appreciation to go unstated. Therefore, thank you so much for going to such great lengths to make sure that our renovation was valued for our needs and thoughtful to our budget.

You can be certain that I will continue to patronize Summit Design Studio for all future home renovation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

Although we have moved in for over 8 months now, I am really glad that SDS has been very responsive to my watapps messages when i need his help at those minor post reno thnigs (i.e. wall paint touch up, door frame paint touch up, plumbing work and etc). i realised the biggest value that he has to his customer is his fantastic "after-sales" service, which many of us will realise the significance when we actually move into our new place.

2 thumbs up for SDS! :thumbs up:

Edited by leyenda

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello guys! I just read through the thread and it seems like almost everybody have good comments for Summit & I'm quite inclined to have them do some renovation work for my new house.

I was wondering if:

1) They do work such as kitchen cabinet, installation of the stoves, sink (& the pipes); basically the entire kitchen area, and also install "glass partition" in bathrooms (to separate the shower area from the toilet bowl)?

2) What is the estimated cost of doing such work?

3) As I'm new to all these renovation work; I don't really know how the payment actually works. Is there such thing as by installments or what is the "normal" method of payment?

Thanks everyone for their input!

1) They do work such as kitchen cabinet, installation of the stoves, sink (& the pipes); basically the entire kitchen area, and also install "glass partition" in bathrooms (to separate the shower area from the toilet bowl)?

--> yes, of course.

2) What is the estimated cost of doing such work?

--> they always have promo for various scale of reno job. will be good to contact them for a quote. i was served by eric. you may read more about my positive experience with him in my t-blog.

3) As I'm new to all these renovation work; I don't really know how the payment actually works. Is there such thing as by installments or what is the "normal" method of payment?

---> quoted from my contract:

10% of Contract Sum upon Signing & Confirmation

50% of Contract Sum upon Commencement of works

35% of Contract Sum upon Commencement of Carpentry works at Factory

05% of Contract Sum upon Completion

this is pretty standard with all other IDs or contractors... hope this helps...

Hi all,

Can anyone shared ur experience & house done by ID Nicholas? Me & my hubby met him last two weeks & still in the consideration...We feel he is quite sincere, details & not that pushy type...pricing wise slightly higher than other ids but we dun mind to pay more for better service. We hope we can hear more comments about ID Nicholas or Summit Design before we collected our key & make our final decision.

Thanks.

Hi all,

My wife and I also did our new house (sengkang BTO flats) with Summit Design after a brief comparison with other firms like:

1- Chew Interior
2- Classi_ Idea_ cannot spell out fully
3- D'Trenzo
4- NorthW--- cannot spell out fully
5- A n D Design (serangoon road i think)
6- Mr Toh From Chng Poh Guan contractor (if never remember wrongly, he is the one that will camp around bto flats and ambush ppl like us)

I'm known by my friends to be a very cost-cautious (or rather NIAO) person, and the services/items i can get wil always be the best among my circles of friends, of course renovation must also get the most worthy firm. Worthy Does Not mean the cheapest, quality and service comes into consideration also.

Deciding Factors to award Summit Design the contract
1- Review from renotalk was good
2- They have aftersales warranty of 5 years! most only offer 2 years.
3- Quotation is reasonably competitive
4- I.D *** rapport with us was good

We were referred by our friend to her designer *** from Summit Design. After talks with quite a few id, *** came across as a sincere id that will not really charge you more items/services for the sake of more comm. (of course he will try to encourage add-ons like wallpapers but we do not felt pushy for not taking up, which i feel is very important since the house decison should be made by us and not by the id).

I believed *** will have good rapport with young couples like us (I'm 27) for his communication and services. His quotation to us was prompt and this gave us more time to determine if his quotation was good enough for me.

Total contract for reno was around $18+k, rough breakdown as below

1- false ceiling
2- feature wall 7 feet
3- painting 4 rm flat
4- 1 L-shaped wardrobe
5- Tv console 7 feet
6- shoe cabinet
7- kitchen solid surface with island top
8- misc items like labour, shower kerb glass door etc...

Like I say earlier on, I do not go for the cheapest so some of you may feel you can get a better quote for the above items, but in my opinion, combine with service and warranty period, this is the best I can find that time.

Reno for the whole house takes about 6-7 weeks and i would say not much of an issue with the renovation. Some minor touch ups for the painting only.

*** would also promptly address our issues (even if it does not really concern him within the quotation) and delegates the tasks to his team of workers who are also friendly and serious in their work (I merely asked them to drill holes into the wall to facilitate my installation of IKEA Cabinet but end up the team helped me to install the cabinets ( x 2) and used their better quality screw, advising me that the screws i provided them may not be durable for long term usage, when it is really not their problem I must say.

After completion of my house, my friend also went to ask for *** quotation for her new house and she also ended up taking up with Summit Design and services, so if u guys are considering using summit design, I would recommend *** for his services and dedication to your new house reno.

Happy Quotation Hunting!

Hi recently i shifted from sengkang to marsiling rise.from a premium flat to a resale old flat.u can imagine after living in a brand new flat n den now an old flat. When we 1st chose our jumbo flat we were excited but at the same time really afraid that will pay so much for the renovation. We did not spend so much and I dare to say did not even do much in our sengkang flat . But the total reno for just doing the kitchen cabinet, built in wardrobe for the master n vanity cabinet already cost us $16000. And was from hamid & sons..and when wr needed help for our psinting which they did too snd also for the window grille lock which broke in 1year with only a couple staying, hamid & sons refused to assist us and even with the big boss at my unit, they just ignored us. They came late for ou appointment & never even bother to apologise. And they went saying not their problem and would'nt even rendered their help. Jus imagine m n my husband had just got married with new house n new baby n needed help but nobody was there. I told myself since then nevet to use hamid n sons renovation.

As we were scouting for quotations, we actually went to chew interior, classic design n last is summit design studio.

Things that we were renovating:

1) redo both toilets
2) built in wardrobe for 2rooms
3)painting of whole house with different colours
4) change all doors n fix new wrough iron grille at main gate n balcony
5) tv console
6) wallpaper
7) hacking of walls
8) erecting room 3 wall

From chew interior, we got the quotation was $30k n never confim with us the materials used for the doors n painting.
From classic design, we got was $28k.
And lastly summit design w got was $23k.

We decided to take on with summit as we met a reliable contractor by the name of nicholas leong. We had a good raport from the 1st day that we met. N importantly is we were comfortable with him. We could compromise with each other n best part he actually followed us go shopping for wallpaper, toilet accessories n floorings which our previous renovatin guy never did that with us. Practically alternate days he would visit our site n we actually did spot checks but he was there. Even without a vehicle, nicholas still manage to be on ti e for our meets n neve complained to why is it too early or too late. N in the end be became our friend. He managed to rush for our reno within a month as he knew that me n my husband n 3kids with a maid had no place to stay. We really appreciate nicholas's help n his Devotion to his job. Although some things were not right, but when we called him back, he still approached us in a nice manner together with his boss. They were very nice when we told them we were ot happy with the doors that the gave us, i m a perfectionist n of course my things must b perfect too. But they were patient about it although i was very agitated already. But i respected both nicholas n his manager william who came to my house after the whole reno works. They were professio al in handling the situation.

After that, nicholas kept coming down n make sure all s handled properly although we were already residing in the unit. N when nicholas saw a chip for my daughter's wardrobe door n instructed hismen to change without me realizing it. But after that i just told hm its is ok n i could live with it. N gave suggestiions eg to place a mirror there so as to cover the scratch. Nicholas was quite shocked that i made that request n actually insisted on changin for me. But i said,dont waste your time,this is the 2nd time u changed within a day. N i did tell him i would not hold it against them at all. To me, u are my friend already.so long as i can see tha you are sincere in helping me , really appreciate it .

To u guys out there, if it was me, i would still choose summit design studjo n with nicholas leong so long as he still there. He really helped me n my husband alot in giving ideas etc. We really would like to thank nicholas

Wr assure you that we will definteky reccomend nicholas from summit design studio...

Edited by Leyenda

Thanks to those who shared *** contact on this forum, I managed to get hold of him yesterday. He was in Expo when I called, I wanted to meet him in Expo but he arranged to meet up at his office instead knowing that it will be difficult for us to get parking lots in Expo due to the massive crowd. He came back to his office all the way just to meet us and went back to expo after that. I think that this is very considerate of him. So far my impression of him is very good and he came acrossed as a sincere and patient guy. But I think he forgot to give us his namecard haha...Now waiting for his quotation. After some research in the beginning, I have shortlisted 4 Ids including Summit design, one of which is ideal house. Ideal House is now out due to the poor attitude of the Id, which I have already lodge a complaint to their boss as well as in this forum. They want to do free for me I also dun want.

Edited by leyenda

Hi all, read positive reviews from this forum about summit design. Looking for ID now and would like to get their quote...
Can anyone kindly pm me either Willam/Nicholas contacts?
My email is carefreepolaris@gmail.com

Hi all, read positive reviews from this forum about summit design. Looking for ID now and would like to get their quote...

William 81786912

Hi, can I have nicholas number please.

Hi recently i shifted from sengkang to marsiling rise.from a premium flat to a resale old flat.u can imagine after living in a brand new flat n den now an old flat. When we 1st chose our jumbo flat we were excited but at the same time really afraid that will pay so much for the renovation. We did not spend so much and I dare to say did not even do much in our sengkang flat . But the total reno for just doing the kitchen cabinet, built in wardrobe for the master n vanity cabinet already cost us $16000. And was from hamid & sons..and when wr needed help for our psinting which they did too snd also for the window grille lock which broke in 1year with only a couple staying, hamid & sons refused to assist us and even with the big boss at my unit, they just ignored us. They came late for ou appointment & never even bother to apologise. And they went saying not their problem and would'nt even rendered their help. Jus imagine m n my husband had just got married with new house n new baby n needed help but nobody was there. I told myself since then nevet to use hamid n sons renovation.

As we were scouting for quotations, we actually went to chew interior, classic design n last is summit design studio.

Things that we were renovating:

1) redo both toilets
2) built in wardrobe for 2rooms
3)painting of whole house with different colours
4) change all doors n fix new wrough iron grille at main gate n balcony
5) tv console
6) wallpaper
7) hacking of walls
8) erecting room 3 wall

From chew interior, we got the quotation was $30k n never confim with us the materials used for the doors n painting.
From classic design, we got was $28k.
And lastly summit design w got was $23k.

We decided to take on with summit as we met a reliable contractor by the name of nicholas leong. We had a good raport from the 1st day that we met. N importantly is we were comfortable with him. We could compromise with each other n best part he actually followed us go shopping for wallpaper, toilet accessories n floorings which our previous renovatin guy never did that with us. Practically alternate days he would visit our site n we actually did spot checks but he was there. Even without a vehicle, nicholas still manage to be on ti e for our meets n neve complained to why is it too early or too late. N in the end be became our friend. He managed to rush for our reno within a month as he knew that me n my husband n 3kids with a maid had no place to stay. We really appreciate nicholas's help n his Devotion to his job. Although some things were not right, but when we called him back, he still approached us in a nice manner together with his boss. They were very nice when we told them we were ot happy with the doors that the gave us, i m a perfectionist n of course my things must b perfect too. But they were patient about it although i was very agitated already. But i respected both nicholas n his manager william who came to my house after the whole reno works. They were professio al in handling the situation.

After that, nicholas kept coming down n make sure all s handled properly although we were already residing in the unit. N when nicholas saw a chip for my daughter's wardrobe door n instructed hismen to change without me realizing it. But after that i just told hm its is ok n i could live with it. N gave suggestiions eg to place a mirror there so as to cover the scratch. Nicholas was quite shocked that i made that request n actually insisted on changin for me. But i said,dont waste your time,this is the 2nd time u changed within a day. N i did tell him i would not hold it against them at all. To me, u are my friend already.so long as i can see tha you are sincere in helping me , really appreciate it .

To u guys out there, if it was me, i would still choose summit design studjo n with nicholas leong so long as he still there. He really helped me n my husband alot in giving ideas etc. We really would like to thank Nicholas.
Wr assure you that we will definteky reccomend nicholas from summit design studio...

All, please can I have the contact as well? my email is tee_joyce@yahoo.com.sg