Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

QUOTE (sn2002 @ Jan 23 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Just want to share our experience with Summit Design and the ID we engaged, ******. From the first moment we met him, he made an impression on us. He patiently listened all our requirements and noted down every little details before giving a quotation. He wasn't pushy and very willing to make all the nitty gritty adjustments we requested.

God knows how many times we asked him to revise the quotation, changing this and that. I believed we made the right decision picking him as our ID. He is the man of action, if we asked something, he made sure things get done promptly. Even after the hand-over, if we made a call to him and asked to fix something (like leaking water pipe) , he promptly arranged for the plumber.

We renovated our Exec flat, re-do almost everything, hack the bomb shelter, re-do living, dining, study area, whole kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms. There are a lot of work involved. ****** superbly did the coordination of plumber, cleaner, tilers, carpenter, electrician, painters and citygas officers for us. He is also considerate and conscious of the expenses we had to incur and try best to minimize the costs.

Along the way, both my husband and I kept changing our mind about adding this or removing that. ****** is most agreeable and not at all showed any impatience over our never-ending changes.

With the project this big, there were some hiccups and delays. The biggest trouble we had is our downstairs neighbor coming to our flat all the time complaining of the noise from renovation. She barged into our flat like she owned it and shout at the workers to stop working. She is the most unreasonable person I ever met. She even called HDB to complain. But we had the valid reno permit and there is nothing she can do. But she kept on coming to the flat, scold the workers, called ****** on his handphone everyday and complained. I don't know how ****** has the willpower to withstand her and listen to her. I certainly don't.

We also had another problem with the air-con piping. We decided not to change the air-con and continue using the ones left behind by previous owner, because the units are in fairly good condition and we like to save a few bucks. Unfortunately the water piping is not properly done and water started leaking after parquet flooring was completely done in the master bedroom. As a result, part of the floor tiles in front of bathroom are ruined. ****** arranged with the tilers to re-do the floor at no extra cost to us. Kudos to that!

To sum up, I must say we are extremely pleased with Summit Design and Dennis for their excellent service. We will definitely use them again if we ever buy a condo a few years down the road smile.gif)

Hi. sn2002,

Appreciate if you can kindly PM me his contact?
Looking for responsible id.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I trying out to meet one of the ID soon cos I like people who got initiative and get back to me fast enough... This shows that they r interested in yr job...

I cannt stand many who called n just floor plan..Mine is a resale flat and by seeing floor plan and quoting is not going to help me at all...

Keep my fingers crossed and I shall update further. Not disclosing who is the ID yet till I decided to use him...

Hi all,

Just wanna check if anyone worked with any other ID before besides ****** and William? Just got their quotation today. Seems ok but some items feels redundant.

Tks in advance

Edited by leyenda

May I ask you all:

Is Summit Design a good company that caters more to home owners with tight budgets?

I seem to be quite confident with their IDs, after so many praises given here.

But I read that they use cheaper paints?

And also, from their website, I can't find a single real photo of completed projects. All of them are in artificial looking 3D images which don't say anything much.

Thanks...

May I ask you all:

Is Summit Design a good company that caters more to home owners with tight budgets?

I seem to be quite confident with their IDs, after so many praises given here.

But I read that they use cheaper paints?

And also, from their website, I can't find a single real photo of completed projects. All of them are in artificial looking 3D images which don't say anything much.

Thanks...

Hi. There r few t-blogs by sds, including mine. U may wanna check them out.

Experience with each id can be very different for each individual. What can be bad for others may not happen to u, and vice versa.

Good luck!

QUOTE (sn2002 @ Jan 23 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Just want to share our experience with Summit Design and the ID we engaged, ******. From the first moment we met him, he made an impression on us. He patiently listened all our requirements and noted down every little details before giving a quotation. He wasn't pushy and very willing to make all the nitty gritty adjustments we requested.

God knows how many times we asked him to revise the quotation, changing this and that. I believed we made the right decision picking him as our ID. He is the man of action, if we asked something, he made sure things get done promptly. Even after the hand-over, if we made a call to him and asked to fix something (like leaking water pipe) , he promptly arranged for the plumber.

We renovated our Exec flat, re-do almost everything, hack the bomb shelter, re-do living, dining, study area, whole kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms. There are a lot of work involved. ****** superbly did the coordination of plumber, cleaner, tilers, carpenter, electrician, painters and citygas officers for us. He is also considerate and conscious of the expenses we had to incur and try best to minimize the costs.

Along the way, both my husband and I kept changing our mind about adding this or removing that. ****** is most agreeable and not at all showed any impatience over our never-ending changes.

With the project this big, there were some hiccups and delays. The biggest trouble we had is our downstairs neighbor coming to our flat all the time complaining of the noise from renovation. She barged into our flat like she owned it and shout at the workers to stop working. She is the most unreasonable person I ever met. She even called HDB to complain. But we had the valid reno permit and there is nothing she can do. But she kept on coming to the flat, scold the workers, called ****** on his handphone everyday and complained. I don't know how ****** has the willpower to withstand her and listen to her. I certainly don't.

We also had another problem with the air-con piping. We decided not to change the air-con and continue using the ones left behind by previous owner, because the units are in fairly good condition and we like to save a few bucks. Unfortunately the water piping is not properly done and water started leaking after parquet flooring was completely done in the master bedroom. As a result, part of the floor tiles in front of bathroom are ruined. ****** arranged with the tilers to re-do the floor at no extra cost to us. Kudos to that!

To sum up, I must say we are extremely pleased with Summit Design and Dennis for their excellent service. We will definitely use them again if we ever buy a condo a few years down the road smile.gif)

hi! sn2002,

Could you PM ****** contact to me?
Thanks.

read my t-blog on eric... overall, he is responsible id though a bit busy throughout my reno... i will still return to him for my next house reno. =)