Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Just met Dennis last week and viewed 1 of his site at punggol.

D workmanship is quite ok.

We will going to finalise quote with him this weekend, hope he can give me good pricing and start to see our 3ds asap.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

We engaged Summit Design to renovate our home as we felt their quotations were reasonable and their design ideas were creative. The fact that the interior designer assigned to us, ******, was friendly and obliging also influenced our decision to engage their services.

We were glad that we made the right decision as every step during the renovation process from the planning stage, to the execution stage, to the final touch-ups ****** made an effort to keep us updated and informed. He also took time to explain to us every detail that we were unsure about and gave us valuable and insightful advice on how to achieve the look and feel we wanted for our home.

We were also pleased that he was not pushy, and he was accommodating to all our requests. We understand that every renovation project will have its problems and issues. For our case, the problems were not major; but most importantly, our ID, ******, was prompt in settling the issues for us. We called him whenever we had a question and he was always prompt in his replies.

Overall, we are pleased with Summit Designs services. We would definitely recommend them (especially ******) if we have friends or relatives who are looking for the services of an interior designer.

Edited by leyenda

Hi,

We bought our executive apartment in August last year and was looking for a good ID firm to help us with the renovation (Our previous renovation contractor for the old house was rather lousy so we decided to do a bit more shopping this time round). I remembered that few months back, we attended the house warming party of my wifes friend and we both thought that the design and quality was rather good. As such, we contacted her friend and got the contact of her ID. The ID firm was Summit Design Studio and *** was the ID.

We met *** subsequently and could sense that he was very professional and non-imposing. He was also patient and listened to what we had in mind though at that time we were still undecided as we were planning to do a Fengshui audit of the house. When we invited him to be there during the Fengshui audit, he readily agreed though at that point, we had not sign up for his services yet. On the day of the audit, we were quite taken aback as the Fengshui master suggested an overhaul of the existing design (We bought the house because we like the design and had paid a high COV for it) though the house Fengshui was good. Knowing that this will be a massive project (in terms of cost), *** suggested to come up with 2 set of quotation for our consideration; one taking into consideration cost (do the critical ones but not everything the Fengshui master suggested) and the other the total revamp (according to the Fengshui audit).

As we wanted more options, we decided to source for other ID firms. However, after looking at a few others we still prefer *** service. Infact, we waited for more than 2 weeks for a quotation from one ID firm in Balestier (also found on Renotalk). *** reverted quite promptly with the quotation a few days after the audit and I must say that we were quite troublesome as we literally went through the quotation line by line, item by item to try to reduce our cost. Throughout our discussion, *** maintained his patience and try to accommodate our request within his means. At the end, we decided to sign up with Summit Design as we felt more comfortable with him and we were happy with his design and service attitude (and price as well).

We started our renovation in Nov last year and we were happy with our decision to use ***. We could see that he is a very detailed ID with high expectations of his work and would immediately rectify any work found to be unsatisfying. On many occasions when we called him in the night to feedback on the work, he was prompt to response and would see that something is done the next day.

In terms of the design, he also gave many useful ideas from design concept to furnishing. As we wanted to move in before CNY and on the date given by the Fengshui master, we would always pressure him to expedite the project. He would tactfully tell us that he would try his best but would not compromise the quality and standards of the project.

Our renovation was completed in Jan, a week before CNY and we were very happy with the work. We also received good comments from visitors on the design of the house.

Overall, we are happy with *** work and would not hesitate to refer him to our friends. Keep up the Good Job ***!

These are some pictures of our house
Pictures

Edited by leyenda

Been a while since i log on to RT after my princess arrived a few weeks back. Wanna say a big THANK YOU to my ID, for his patience and advices during my reno process from start to completion, and even till now he still pick up my calls if i've any qns or favors to ask from him! His professionalism and attitude is commendable, and i've no regrets engaging him as my ID. I'm not promoting SDS in any way, juz some thoughts of mine and feel that i'm lucky to get to know him. And also thanks to RT, my home was "spotted", this is for you! biggrin.gif
straits%20time.JPG

Hi can anyone share ****** contact with me?

my email is duckham82@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Edited by leyenda

Hi, don't mind if anyone can pm ****** contact number to me @ zhide09@hotmail.com?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by leyenda

Hi all,

Just wanna check if anyone worked with other ID before besides William? How is he? Just got his quotation today. Seems ok but some items feels redundant.

Tks in advance

Hihi...I'm new here, just like to find out some info abt their ID. if anyone's home was done by any designer...or any encounter. Ermm...

I just met up with the ID last Sat, well he didn't share much, just did for me the space planning & showed me arnd his office with some little carpentry which can't tell much abt their workmanship...(but heard from him downstairs renovating their new showroom, will be ready by Next month or something...)After the meet, he promised to give quotation within 3 days...and he really did!! Quote wasn't within our budget, not the highest, neither was the lowest...

So today my hubby & I went to meet him again(2nd meeting), wanted to finalize the items and hopefully get some goodies! He brought us to a showflat at Punggol & well, the workmanship didn't disappoint us :sport-smiley-018: but his quotes still out of our budget HAIZ.....we were quite happy with his service so far but seems gotta give up some items to meet the cost sad.gif(
Still considering though....may want to give it a try with SDS since many commendable works in this forum...If anyone can share more abt ID may give me further assurance...I hope SDS won't end up disappointing us if we sign with them!! Will share more as progresses...

hi hi storm861,i aso new to renotalk forum.
just happen to chance upon ur post abt *** from SUMMIT design.My hubby and i went to meet up with him too on sun 24th.He Brought us to see a flat at punngol which was done by SUMMIT bt i forget to ask if he was d ID for the flat.Ur punngol showflat is it something blk 2**C.heezzz..
Seemed like a nice guy and he did our floorplan design twice.haven finalise anything yet as i am still looking out for other quotes fr various co.

Hihi...I'm new here, just like to find out some info abt this ID ***, if anyone's home was done by him...or any encounter. Ermm...not sure if is the same *** posted here!!

I just met up with *** last Sat, well he didn't share much, just did for me the space planning & showed me arnd his office with some little carpentry which can't tell much abt their workmanship...(but heard from him downstairs renovating their new showroom, will be ready by Next month or something...)After the meet, he promised to give quotation within 3 days...and he really did!! Quote wasn't within our budget, not the highest, neither was the lowest...

So today my hubby & I went to meet him again(2nd meeting), wanted to finalize the items and hopefully get some goodies! He brought us to a showflat at Punggol & well, the workmanship didn't disappoint us :sport-smiley-018: but his quotes still out of our budget HAIZ.....we were quite happy with his service so far but seems gotta give up some items to meet the cost sad.gif(
Still considering though....may want to give it a try with SDS since many commendable works in this forum...If anyone can share more abt *** may give me further assurance...I hope this *** won't end up disappointing us if we sign with him!! Will share more as progresses...

hi hi storm861,i aso new to renotalk forum.
just happen to chance upon ur post abt *** from SUMMIT design.My hubby and i went to meet up with him too on sun 24th.He Brought us to see a flat at punngol which was done by SUMMIT bt i forget to ask if he was d ID for the flat.Ur punngol showflat is it something blk 2**C.heezzz..
Seemed like a nice guy and he did our floorplan design twice.haven finalise anything yet as i am still looking out for other quotes fr various co.

Hey Paulyn,
So...*** also brought u to view house ya!! How was it?? Cos We went to Blk 601C, a 4rm std flat. Very nicely done up, hacked the kitchen wall, do full glass panel...cool!! Was beautiful. Workmanship wise we're quite happy but still the pocket issue sad.gif

Btw, did u said u viewed the blk 200+ ?? is your viewed flat owner stayed in or reno still in progress? Thks for sharing! Ha...after hearing fr u, quite excited now! At least we shared same ID haha...! How's your other quotes & ID services? If got gd service & prices I also want leh :good: Hope to hear fr u soon :yamseng:

Hey Paulyn,
So...*** also brought u to view house ya!! How was it?? Cos We went to Blk 601C, a 4rm std flat. Very nicely done up, hacked the kitchen wall, do full glass panel...cool!! Was beautiful. Workmanship wise we're quite happy but still the pocket issue sad.gif

Btw, did u said u viewed the blk 200+ ?? is your viewed flat owner stayed in or reno still in progress? Thks for sharing! Ha...after hearing fr u, quite excited now! At least we shared same ID haha...! How's your other quotes & ID services? If got gd service & prices I also want leh :good: Hope to hear fr u soon :yamseng:

Hi Storm,
u are welcome.i have PM u in more details le.

So far we feel the response from Dennis is good.
Will update again.

****** is a nice person.. nothing to complain about.. at least the renovation was done within the expected timeframe he told us, which included the chinese new year holiday in between the reno...