Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi
I just received quotation from Ken Lee. Not very impressed though, as he is late to submit quotation. Furthermore, the quotation is a cut-and-paste one for which some items are not according to our requirement (think it is from a previous one he had done). It simply distorts the whole pricing. He talks a lot about himself, nothing much to show except for a few files with outdated designs. Not very to the point, and we simply spend unproductive time hearing him yak yak yak away.
I don't think we will use Summit Design, though their website has couple of impressive designs.
Jeff - If you are reading this, please wake up and be serious about it all. We are young couple but don't take us for granted. 1st impression counts. Thank you.

Hi! pcKee,

Any updates from your house's renovation?

Any pictures to show?

Hi Tamiajack,

Sorry just saw your message. My reno already finish some time ago and i have already moved in. No time to come in forum see see so never see your message.

Overall i am happy with the renovation. No one is perfect, there were some items done need to be redo after my inspection. Anyway, there was no question asked or any arguement when i request them to change it. Think normally ID/Contractor will try to bull**** you or try to convince you not to re-do anything.

Would like to thanks william for the well co-ordination as well.

I dun have time to take good pic, so i just use my iphone to upload to my flickr. just to share the main items. the rest like wardrobe, shower screen all not shown.

Living room

5359765509_d419fa04b1_z.jpg

Shoe cabinet + Bomb shelter

5360381124_5515e3b52d_z.jpg

Kitchen

5360384332_465316d162_z.jpg

If you need any other advice, pls PM so that i can receive email and reply you soon. Think i will not log in Renotalk so often liao....hehehe

QUOTE (tamiajack @ Jan 15 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st time met William yesterday, we felt he is really experience and professional.
He did show us some of his previous projects' pictures and did some scatches design base on our requirement, waiting for his quotation now, hope he can give us good price cause we are very tight in budget.

Beside, he said will bring us to view his project's site in order to take a look at d workmanship by next week.

hehheh!

Ask him to bring you to my house la.....lol......

• Like 1

QUOTE (pckee @ Jan 18 2011, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask him to bring you to my house la.....lol......

Just received quotation, layout, ceiling plan from him yesterday night, quite fast as he told us within 1 week but now only few days!
Thinking to take out some items and adding other items that we want to do.
Shortlisted him and another 1 after run thru 5 ids.
Think will going to finalise it with him this weekend as we wanna start our reno after CNY, hope he can give us discount.

William said will bring us to view his customer's house at Bedok this weekend.
If possible, i will ask him to bring me to view your house, ok right?

Heheh! tongue.gif

QUOTE (mapple @ Nov 9 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi...
I & my frenz also take thier service SummitDesign for our reno. My id so far so good he is not pushy, price wise might not be the cheapest but still acceptable.. He is not easy to reach cos my frenz was refer to his staff Setphanie n may be i'm lucky have get hold of him hehe... Me n my frenz are quite happy with thier service n worksmanship, both are good as well.

-------------------
My Sweet Home
5-room resale flat in B.panjang
115sqm

Renovation Company
Summit Design Studio

Hi! There,

Appreciate if anyone PM *** and Stephaine contact & Details reno. to me?!
Thanks.

QUOTE (merzi @ Jan 12 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I just received this quotation from ID. Do you think this is ok for a 4-Room Premium Apartment?

S/N DESCRIPTION T/PRICE

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
1 Design consultation & space planning
2 Design proposal & 3D prespective drawings ( *$300.00 ) *F.O.C
3 Selection of colour, material & accessories , decoration advice
4 Site co-ordination & supervision

A MASONRY WORKS
1 Supply & construct 01 nos of Kitchen cabinet base $280.00
2 Supply & construct 01 nos of fridge base $120.00
3 Supply & construct 01 nos of washing machine base $120.00
4 Supply & construct 02 nos of Shower kerb base $120.00

B SHOWER SCREEN
1 Supply & install 02 nos 10mm Frameless Tempered glass with fix panel $900.00
& swing door c/w handle at both bathrooms

C PLUMBING WORK (OWNER SUPPLY FITTING)
1 Supply & install new inlet/oulet piping for Kitchen (Cold only) $180.00
2 Supply labour to install 01 nos of Kitchen sink $80.00
3 Supply labour to install 02 nos instant heater $100.00
4 Supply labour to install 01 nos Kitchen sink tap fitting $60.00
5 Supply labour to install shower set ( *$35.00 per set ) *F.O.C
6 Supply labour to install Accessories & mirror ( *$35.00 per set ) *F.O.C

D PAINTING WORKS
1 Painting of whole house with ICI/NIPPON Pentalite paint (Up to 6 colour) $950.00
a door frames & piping

E CEILING WORKS
1 Supply & install false ceiling at Main entrance. $120.00
2 Supply & install false ceiling/L-Box ****/Dining area & bedroom foyer $1,020.00

CUSTOM-MADE FURNITURE (EDL LAMINATE)
F MASTER BEDROOM
1 Design & fabricate (L8ft) casement opening doors Wardrobe $1,680.00
a Selected Laminate finish
b internal carcass in white pvc finish
c heavy top hung tracks
d lockable drawer unit
e top storage cabinet

G KITCHEN CABINET
1 Design & fabricate kitchen cabinet complete with : $2,825.00
a doors in seleted laminate finish and ABS trimmings
b (L14ft) top & (L11ft) bottom cabinet internal carcass in white pvc finish
c 01 nos of Aluminium frames with sandblasted glass door
d s/s dish rack
e installation of hob, hood (item supply by owner)
f soft closing hinges for casement door only

H SOLID SURFACE
1 Supply & install solid surface top at kitchen approx (L11ft) $770.00

I CLEANING WORK
1 Clearing of debris, uploading, downloading of sand & haulage $380.00
2 Supply & lay corrugated paper for affected flooring F.O.C
3 Provide chemical washing for whole house (Flooring Only) $120.00

T/TOTAL : $9,825.00

Comments Appreciated..... biggrin.gif

Price quite ok, but painting part must take note as its too cheap. High chances they will mixed Nippon Matex paint with little original paint(Just to show owner) ICI/NIPPON Pentalite paint.

Cheers

Price quite ok, but painting part must take note as its too cheap. High chances they will mixed Nippon Matex paint with little original paint(Just to show owner) ICI/NIPPON Pentalite paint.

Cheers

The painting is too cheap? :o Sorry i really not so good regarding reno.... First time doing this kind of stuff.....

Thanks for the feedback..... :lol:

QUOTE (pckee @ Jan 16 2011, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Tamiajack,

Sorry just saw your message. My reno already finish some time ago and i have already moved in. No time to come in forum see see so never see your message.

Overall i am happy with the renovation. No one is perfect, there were some items done need to be redo after my inspection. Anyway, there was no question asked or any arguement when i request them to change it. Think normally ID/Contractor will try to bull**** you or try to convince you not to re-do anything.

Would like to thanks William for the well co-ordination as well.

I dun have time to take good pic, so i just use my iphone to upload to my flickr. just to share the main items. the rest like wardrobe, shower screen all not shown.

Living room
5359765509_d419fa04b1_z.jpg

Shoe cabinet + Bomb shelter
5360381124_5515e3b52d_z.jpg

Kitchen
5360384332_465316d162_z.jpg

If you need any other advice, pls PM so that i can receive email and reply you soon. Think i will not log in Renotalk so often liao....hehehe

Hi! Pckee,

Looks good
Could you PM William's Contact and details reno. to me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

If you're unaware, *** is in William team. we had the experience with both *** and William working styles during our renovation period from Nov 2010 to Jan 2011. William was our main ID.

One of our strongest impression of *** was that he is a super patient, tolerant and understanding person. As my husband and I are new to doing any renovation, he had always promptly given us answers which we needed, as well as followed up on every part of the work and fixes that need to be done in the house.

Some background, my husband and I decided for a partial renovation for our flat. In summary, it comprises of re-doing the kitchen and 2 bathrooms, as well as partial of the living room flooring, painting, wardrobe and wallpaper.

*** was always willing to help us save money when there's a need to. For example, he had decided to help us knock down a small portion of the interior wall with no extra charges. This was not a straightforward process, as we had requested for it only after he had submitted the first application to HDB. At the end of the day, he had to resubmit another application to HDB for the knock off.

Along the way during material selection, when my husband and I had decided to go for mosaic tiles for the bathroom, he did not charge us additional for the tiles (which is out of range), but only charged us workmanship fee. He was also very patient with us when we selected tiles from 10 AM to 5:30 PM... it was a Saturday somemore..(Yup! we took the whole day!) Not to mention, other material selection took a super long time for deliberation.

William basically coordinated the plumber, cleaner, tilers, carpenter, electrical technicians, painters and citygas pple for us. As I live right below my new unit, i could monitor the renovation work closely... dropping by every single day to spot check. Nonetheless, *** never once hesitated to reply to my smses and he had handled all my complaints about workmanship issues around the house.
To be honest, till the last hour before *** boarded the plane for his overseas trip, I was still smsing him.. he gave William a proper handover before he left..

In summary:
1) Summit comprises of different teams. I suppose William heads one of the team (*** + other IDs).
2) Although there were some hiccups along the way during renovation (such as paintings and tiling), **** always kept a listening ear and had serviced us to his best. We felt lucky to have him as our ID as we felt that other ID will already ignore us, or flare at our never ending questions and complaints.
3) For us, Summit scores 85/100 for services rendered and 70/100 for workmanship. For Workmanship, there are two ways to manage the problems (1) let the ID do the inspection, and you do the second and subsequent round of inspection (of course, you need to know what to inspect). (2) similarly to what I chose to do, I did most of the inspection. If what was reported was not rectified, I jump on the ID =P.

Workmanship comprises of:
a) tiling
b) kitchen cabinet
c) wardrobe
d) toilets accessories installation
e) preserving existing floor tilings
f) handling owner's properties' condition (such as sink and windows)
g) wallpaper installation
h) shower screen
i) cleanliness prior to handover

4) No ID firm is perfect. Hence, prior to signing on the dotted line, seek as many clarifications as you can. One of the worse incident I'd encountered with summit was on the quality of the paint used. This was how we got to know *** as well.. Nonetheless, they were willing to clear the misunderstanding and compensate based on our request.

5) Our touchup period took longer than expected due to tiling problems in the bathrooms and regrouding. But all in all, *** had asked the tiler to work with me to rectify all tiling issues. We took 2 full days (due to the mosaic and the types of tiles we chose to use). Alot of hard work indeed, but all worth it. *** was really generous to allow his tiler to work with me these 2 full days, and to ensure our satisfaction to the max. (*** even took the initiatives to clear some re grouding stains for us. )

6) It will be best to have an idea of the concept at home, if you like something out of the usual e.g. Victorian or Europeans, you need to voice out to test the capabilities of the ID or contractor before engaging them. For Summit, we are generally satisfied.

Hope the above helps

Just received quotation, layout, ceiling plan from him yesterday night, quite fast as he told us within 1 week but now only few days!

Thinking to take out some items and adding other items that we want to do.

Shortlisted him and another 1 after run thru 5 ids.

Think will going to finalise it with him this weekend as we wanna start our reno after CNY, hope he can give us discount.

William said will bring us to view his customer's house at Bedok this weekend.

If possible, i will ask him to bring me to view your house, ok right?

Heheh! :P

Hehehe,i dun think he will give much discount de. I tried very hard liao.....lol....only to round off the figure nia.

This weekend have to see how. Only sat afternoon free nia. Somemore the painter is coming to my house for some touch up. So dunno he will bring or not..........lol

The painting is too cheap? :o Sorry i really not so good regarding reno.... First time doing this kind of stuff.....

Thanks for the feedback..... :lol:

Painting is always better to get Nippon or ICI painter directly. Imo.