Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Eidisis,

I was pretty happy with the end result because when I was doing my renovation, I didn't really had time to monitor the work and so I could only go back once every week to see the progress. Thankfully Nicholas is pretty good at man management and is able to explain to his worker what I wanted. He also keeps me informed whenever a major milestone is passed like after installation of my tiles or kitchen table. Not to mention, he also manage to hand over the keys to me on time so two thumbs up for that.

On the quality of the job done, well I'm not too sure cause I don't really go to other friend's place to compared but we are quite happy and we have friends that came over and said the place was nicely done with a cosy feel so I guess it should be good smile.gif.

QUOTE (eidisis @ Jul 18 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi...Thanks for your reply... I think I would just like to know how satisfied you are with the renovation outcome and the quality of the job done?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
QUOTE (sgedo @ Jul 18 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Eidisis,

I was pretty happy with the end result because when I was doing my renovation, I didn't really had time to monitor the work and so I could only go back once every week to see the progress. Thankfully Nicholas is pretty good at man management and is able to explain to his worker what I wanted. He also keeps me informed whenever a major milestone is passed like after installation of my tiles or kitchen table. Not to mention, he also manage to hand over the keys to me on time so two thumbs up for that.

On the quality of the job done, well I'm not too sure cause I don't really go to other friend's place to compared but we are quite happy and we have friends that came over and said the place was nicely done with a cosy feel so I guess it should be good smile.gif.

Can Anyone PM me Nicholas contact?
Any pictures to show?

Hi,

Will be greatly appreciated if anyone can PM me good designer Contact. Am looking for a new quote for my 5-rm. Thx!

Dear forumers,

Finally my renovation work is done up after a prolong period of nearly 3-months.

But it is all worth waiting for...

GENERAL DETAILS OF THE RENOVATION

ID Firm: Summit Dezign Studio Pte Ltd

ID Consultant/ Coordinator: Nicholas Leong

Flat Type: 5-room

Build-in Area: 1250sqft

Cost: P&C. Ask Nic if you guys are keen to know.

Major Work Done:

- Tiling & Hacking Works: Living, Dining, Kitchen, Store room, Balconies

- Hacking: Study room wall

- Carpentry Works: Queen Size Bedframe, Wardrobe & Kitchen Cabinet

- Laminate (Supreme AC3): 3 bedrooms overlay

- Wiring: Whole house

- Many other misc work

During all renovation works there are bound to be hipcups. My renovation started on Mid-April 2010 and completed on Mid-Jul 2010. It is because there are some changes to our initial plan during the renovation work and also some screwed up contractors as stated below. But our ID actually fixed up all that problems!

CONTRACTORS RATINGS

NOTE: The following comments are based on what we have encountered and it is impartial.

All of their contractors are equipped with good workmanship:

1) Tiler - Ah Chin

2) Plasterer (Smoothing Wall) - ???

3) Plasterer (Partition, false ceiling etc) - Ah Sern

4) Electrician - Ah Soon (Boss)

5) Carpenter - ???

These 5 contractors mentioned above are extremely responsive and professional in their work. You guys are really an asset to Summit! 2-THUMBS UP!!!

Cannot Make It Contractor

1) Painter (I guess it has already been replaced by Summit)

- This painter actually screwed up the beautiful work done by the Wall and Ceiling Plasterer. After plastering the ceiling, there are bound to be some residues (bird ****) dropped on the wall which can be removed easily with just a metal scrapper. And best thing is, the painter actually paint it over! End of the day, my walls are filled with 'bird-****'.

- Not only that. When they paint along my window grill, I don't think they use any masking tapes to prevent smudging the aluminum frame. It really looks ugly!

- I don't think they use any cover for my floors especially my toilet tiles - BLACK COLOR! Once again, it adds on to more 'bird-droppings'. It is really very unsightly!

2) Cleaner (I guess it has already been replaced by Summit)

- I am very surprised by the fact that before-and-after the general cleaning, my house still looks the same! Except that the floors are cleaner NOT the stain removed. Ended up, I have to get Nic to arrange them to come down the second time.

- Their chemical cleaning spolit the following things - Master Toilet Tempered Glass swing door handle (rust stains), Shower Screen (patches of stains and scratches!) in both master & common toilets.

- Really wasting water! When I dropped by my house to oversee the second cleaning process, I am d.a.m.n surprised that their Bangala cleaner DID NOT turn off my water supply when they are not washing. They just leave it running at FULL THROTTLE! D.A.M.N!

3) Glass Film

- It is either this Chinese guy simply 'Bo Chap' or he is an idiot! Along with him is a Bangala worker, which I seriously can excuse him since he is just taking orders as usual. My study room is made up of 3 full size glass panel. So you can assumed how much water is needed to get the glass film pasted onto my glass panel nicely. Imagine they can't even bothers to use a rag to wipe up the pool of water on my laminate flooring until I give them one.

Then I proceed with my work assuming I should not give them too much instructions since there is a Chinese foreman to do the job. God knows... Even after giving him the rag, he did not bother to squeeze it dry! Eventually, my laminate swell 3 days later! This is what I called "LAZY" not "HUMAN ERROR" because it is avoidable with just a little effort. Goes the same to the painter!

They end up having to pay for replacing my laminate flooring by doing just a S$150 glass film work.

RATINGS FOR MY ID CONSULTANT

Quotation - 9/10 (At least he did not bring out a 'parang'.)

Responsibility - 9/10 (He never fail to follow up on the poor paint work and cleaning job. Just that sometimes a bit blur blur de. But still get the work done up nicely for me)

Patience - 10/10 (This guy never lose his patience at all! If I were him, I think I would have killed my customer long time ago! Haha!)

Sincerity & Honesty - 9/10 (At least I know I can trust this guy most of the time.)

Overall Rating: 9/10

PHOTO

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Edited by hoyg

Finally! Reno completed (and handed over).

Pics to share. Those with "before & after" are those that I managed to take the "before" pics prior to reno.

Livingrm.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

MBR.jpg

MBRwardrobe.jpg

MBRbath.jpg

Ok, wrapping up our reno (AMK 3NG corner, 82sqm) - it had been relatively smooth. It took a little longer than the "8-weeks" to overhaul the place, only because we went away for a short trip in-between and decided to lock-up the place and pause reno.

We literally tore down the whole place, new tiles, laminated floor for bedrooms, plaster the walls, painting etc. Carpentry include WIW in MBR (no doors), vanity sink in MBR (had to move basin out to make room for shower area), show cabinet and kitchen cabinet. *** from Summit gave us a good deal for the reno, and had been responsible, responsive and professional through the entire period. I encountered lots of nonsense (rubbish quotes, bochap attitudes etc) in my hunting process for an ID. Decided to go with Summit for their professionalism, no-nonsense quote and patience.

PM me if you have more questions or would like to see more pics.

***PS: Hoyg used the same wall tiles (in my common bath) tongue.gif

QUOTE (dolma @ Aug 13 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, wrapping up our reno (AMK 3NG corner, 82sqm) - it had been relatively smooth. It took a little longer than the "8-weeks" to overhaul the place, only because we went away for a short trip in-between and decided to lock-up the place and pause reno.

We literally tore down the whole place, new tiles, laminated floor for bedrooms, plaster the walls, painting etc. Carpentry include WIW in MBR (no doors), vanity sink in MBR (had to move basin out to make room for shower area), show cabinet and kitchen cabinet. *** from Summit gave us a good deal for the reno, and had been responsible, responsive and professional through the entire period. I encountered lots of nonsense (rubbish quotes, bochap attitudes etc) in my hunting process for an ID. Decided to go with Summit for their professionalism, no-nonsense quote and patience.

PM me if you have more questions or would like to see more pics.

***PS: Hoyg used the same wall tiles (in my common bath) tongue.gif

Hahaha! I think that design is so far the best among all... haha!

Guest carebear50
More pics

Commonbath.jpg

CIMG6830.jpg

CIMG6827.jpg

CIMG6851.jpg

CIMG6839.jpg

Wow so nice, how much you spent for the reno???

Are they ids or contractor?? You should be very proud of your house.

Guest carebear50
Dear forumers,

Finally my renovation work is done up after a prolong period of nearly 3-months.

But it is all worth waiting for...

GENERAL DETAILS OF THE RENOVATION

ID Firm: Summit Dezign Studio Pte Ltd

ID Consultant/ Coordinator: Nicholas Leong

Flat Type: 5-room

Build-in Area: 1250sqft

Cost: P&C. Ask Nic if you guys are keen to know.

Major Work Done:

- Tiling & Hacking Works: Living, Dining, Kitchen, Store room, Balconies

- Hacking: Study room wall

- Carpentry Works: Queen Size Bedframe, Wardrobe & Kitchen Cabinet

- Laminate (Supreme AC3): 3 bedrooms overlay

- Wiring: Whole house

- Many other misc work

During all renovation works there are bound to be hipcups. My renovation started on Mid-April 2010 and completed on Mid-Jul 2010. It is because there are some changes to our initial plan during the renovation work and also some screwed up contractors as stated below. But our ID actually fixed up all that problems!

CONTRACTORS RATINGS

NOTE: The following comments are based on what we have encountered and it is impartial.

All of their contractors are equipped with good workmanship:

1) Tiler - Ah Chin

2) Plasterer (Smoothing Wall) - ???

3) Plasterer (Partition, false ceiling etc) - Ah Sern

4) Electrician - Ah Soon (Boss)

5) Carpenter - ???

These 5 contractors mentioned above are extremely responsive and professional in their work. You guys are really an asset to Summit! 2-THUMBS UP!!!

Cannot Make It Contractor

1) Painter (I guess it has already been replaced by Summit)

- This painter actually screwed up the beautiful work done by the Wall and Ceiling Plasterer. After plastering the ceiling, there are bound to be some residues (bird ****) dropped on the wall which can be removed easily with just a metal scrapper. And best thing is, the painter actually paint it over! End of the day, my walls are filled with 'bird-****'.

- Not only that. When they paint along my window grill, I don't think they use any masking tapes to prevent smudging the aluminum frame. It really looks ugly!

- I don't think they use any cover for my floors especially my toilet tiles - BLACK COLOR! Once again, it adds on to more 'bird-droppings'. It is really very unsightly!

2) Cleaner (I guess it has already been replaced by Summit)

- I am very surprised by the fact that before-and-after the general cleaning, my house still looks the same! Except that the floors are cleaner NOT the stain removed. Ended up, I have to get Nic to arrange them to come down the second time.

- Their chemical cleaning spolit the following things - Master Toilet Tempered Glass swing door handle (rust stains), Shower Screen (patches of stains and scratches!) in both master & common toilets.

- Really wasting water! When I dropped by my house to oversee the second cleaning process, I am d.a.m.n surprised that their Bangala cleaner DID NOT turn off my water supply when they are not washing. They just leave it running at FULL THROTTLE! D.A.M.N!

3) Glass Film

- It is either this Chinese guy simply 'Bo Chap' or he is an idiot! Along with him is a Bangala worker, which I seriously can excuse him since he is just taking orders as usual. My study room is made up of 3 full size glass panel. So you can assumed how much water is needed to get the glass film pasted onto my glass panel nicely. Imagine they can't even bothers to use a rag to wipe up the pool of water on my laminate flooring until I give them one.

Then I proceed with my work assuming I should not give them too much instructions since there is a Chinese foreman to do the job. God knows... Even after giving him the rag, he did not bother to squeeze it dry! Eventually, my laminate swell 3 days later! This is what I called "LAZY" not "HUMAN ERROR" because it is avoidable with just a little effort. Goes the same to the painter!

They end up having to pay for replacing my laminate flooring by doing just a S$150 glass film work.

RATINGS FOR MY ID CONSULTANT

Quotation - 9/10 (At least he did not bring out a 'parang'.)

Responsibility - 9/10 (He never fail to follow up on the poor paint work and cleaning job. Just that sometimes a bit blur blur de. But still get the work done up nicely for me)

Patience - 10/10 (This guy never lose his patience at all! If I were him, I think I would have killed my customer long time ago! Haha!)

Sincerity & Honesty - 9/10 (At least I know I can trust this guy most of the time.)

Overall Rating: 9/10

PHOTO

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

You must be happy to have your house done up.

You must be proud of Summit Design and the contractor which renovate your house. I really think that he do COPY & PASTE VERY WELL...

Your toilets indeed look like my house coffee shop toilets. Pls don't get offended ok. While i was browsing through the forum, i notice your house very familiar.Yesterday i took a picture and here it goes. I really think that your high light wall should cover the whole wall, like this.

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

The best part that match the whole toilet , the tiles...

He really did a great job of copy and paste. so complete, Contractors sure have tastes.

Edited by carebear50

Guest carebear50
Hahaha! I think that design is so far the best among all... haha!

Your taste is really really very bad.

How abt this ???

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

Your designer toilet, ha ha ha

IMG_0823.jpg

POoor souls to have their house done like that..i would really cry boy.

I have more of these pictures of other part of the house similar too like the kitchen , bedroom etc....

those who are interested,

you can email me at carebearwonder@hotmail.com.

Edited by carebear50