Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest Liuxuan
worth getting a quote, imo, we're quite happy with our id. :)

pics of our living room & kitchen

f_17m_ca653d0.jpg

f_18m_6ff27e5.jpg

Hi firehorse,

your living tv console and kitchen look nice. who is your id

QUOTE (freddie @ Apr 22 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rather surprise to hear that ... cos so far my ID Joewi i engaged from Summit Design has been very proactive and given me lots of renovation ideas that i couldnt imagine or seen myself! !!

but for sure i m very satisfy with him at the moment... no complains...

all i can agree is one must really heed by words of mouth to find the right ID ...

cheers

Hi freddie,

I do agreed wif you too. I'm also feel that my ID William Wong is very proactive and right now my home is almost 100% to completion & I will be meeting him this week for the release of my new house.

Overall I will give him a thumbs up, not onli for the renovation work he has done for me so far but oso for helping my mum to take a look at her leaking kitchen sink. Although its not a major repair work but I'm glad my ID attend to my request readily & his plumber did eventually help to solve the issue at no extra cost. Keeping my finger crossed that all minor defects he has promised to rectify be done by this wkend.

Yes, you can find the right ID by words of mouth or thru fellow forumers recommendation but eventually I feel you nid to mit up wif the ID personally to b really sure about your decision.
I had shortlisted 5 IDs thru this forum & mit up wif them all before I decided on my final one. And boy am I glad I've make the right choice = )

Just confirmed with Summit. Starting reno late May (hopefully). One of the better ones in terms of price and service level so far.

Whoa - I've gotten quotes from:
- Ho Bee
- Ideal House
- Benzdesign
- Creative ID
- 17 degrees
- Zhiseng
- United Team
- Tee Interior
... and couple of independent contractors which names I've also forgotten.

My ID from Summit is ***. Meeting him tonight with my sis to confirm. My sis engaging him for her 4s also.

Signed up with summit Joewi Yeo last week after comparing 7-8 id's, well, until exhaustion overtook us. Price-wise they may not be the lowest but a few strengths impressed us enough that we decided to bet on this horse.

1. Response via phone is fast... Really fast... In fact one time we didn't hear the ring tone before our Id picked up. This is impressive, if that is what we will get thru out the project. Peace of mind, if u will, knowing ur project manager will be there when u need him.

2. Shared creative process - in our search, we came across pushy Ids (my way or the highway), as well as "everything-also-ok" Ids. Our Id gave us the best of both worlds, benefit of his experience while keeping us grounded on planet earth. This was important to us, as we wanted to feel like we had a major part in building our nest but at the same time needed an expert to tell us certain realities so as to avoid overcommitment on their part leading to disappointment later.

So far the experience has been great, our Id has become in a way stakeholder and advisor. Keeping our fingers crossed, we will see our design next week, let's see how everything pans out.

Edited by leyenda

Hi all,

Just adding my input here, my ID was William Wong. Very responsible and responsive. Even if missed call will get back to you asap. Appreciate that he will try his best to acede to request and clear up any doubts. During the whole reno, there was not much problem at all, any rectification works needed he will get his guys to do it up asap. Think the reno was quite well done. Made my mum feel like reno her place after seeing mine as well tongue.gif. If you are looking for ID, i think can consider them.

HI all,

My flat was done by summit as well. The reno finished abt 1 month ago. Budget wise his quote is the most competitive. I like his no-nonsense approach. Eg, if ur main concern is budget, he will make recommendation commensurate to ur budget and wouldnt recommend any fancy stuff that cost extra.

Overall I am very happy with the results. My only gripe was that the paint work was not perfect the first time round. But ID Joewi asked the painter to sort it out again so all is good . smile.gif

Highly recommend Summit Design! dancingqueen.gif

Below are some pics of the flat:

Before:
09082009(002).jpg
09082009(008).jpg

After
AMK_FINAL_0020.JPG
AMK_FINAL_0016.JPG

Edited by leyenda

QUOTE (limpehahbeng @ May 2 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI all,

My flat was done by summit as well. The reno finished abt 1 month ago. Budget wise his quote is the most competitive. I like his no-nonsense approach. Eg, if ur main concern is budget, he will make recommendation commensurate to ur budget and wouldnt recommend any fancy stuff that cost extra.

Overall I am very happy with the results. My only gripe was that the paint work was not perfect the first time round. But ID Joewi asked the painter to sort it out again so all is good . smile.gif

Before:

09082009(008).jpg

After
AMK_FINAL_0020.JPG
AMK_FINAL_0016.JPG
AMK%20Flat%20(Final)__0021.JPG

hihi

WOW before and after really alot of differences! !! very nice! !! i also have engaged Summit Design .. though ID is different.. but i believe they are all the same.... GOOD! !!

cheers

QUOTE (veer26 @ Apr 28 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, anyone has engaged Willam from this ID firm before? Care to share your experiences? Thanks smile.gif

hihi

I too have engaged Summit Design Joewi though ID is different but i believe they are all quite good ...after all trained by same management, standard of professionalism shldnt be quite far apart wink.gif

just look at the pics sent on 2 May.. really worth to engage them..

happy renovating
cheers

Guest Liuxuan
QUOTE (limpehahbeng @ May 2 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI all,

My flat was done by summit as well.. The reno finished abt 1 month ago. Budget wise his quote is the most competitive. I like his no-nonsense approach. Eg, if ur main concern is budget, he will make recommendation commensurate to ur budget and wouldnt recommend any fancy stuff that cost extra.

Overall I am very happy with the results. My only gripe was that the paint work was not perfect the first time round. But designer asked the painter to sort it out again so all is good . smile.gif

After
AMK_FINAL_0020.JPG
AMK_FINAL_0016.JPG
AMK%20Flat%20(Final)__0021.JPG

Hmmm.. design looks good!! how much is your reno cost? can share? Thanks in advance! rolleyes.gif

Thx for the compliment guys. Credit to the wife who decorated the flat :)

Bare-bone reno cost around the $26-27k mark (not including kitchen appliances, furniture etc).

I had 2 toilets done up, hacked and replacement of all tiles, hacked down a wall and replaced with glass door, false ceiling at dining area, kitchen cabinets, shoes cabinet done up, wardrobe etc. Basically the whole makeover as the flat is v old n in bad condition.

It's nothing fancy or stylo mylo in terms of the reno work but we make it up with our decorations. I believe simplicity is the best if you want to sell ur flat in the future.

Here are more pics!

Before

09082009(001).jpg

09082009(004).jpg

After

AMK%20Flat%20(Final)__0016.JPG

AMK_FINAL_0026.JPG

AMK_FINAL_0027.JPG

Hmmm.. design looks good!! how much is your reno cost? can share? Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:
Edited by limpehahbeng